CSNbbs
I really wish we knew what was going on... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: OVCbbs (/forum-17.html)
+---- Forum: Ohio Valley Team Talk (/forum-784.html)
+----- Forum: Little Rock (/forum-291.html)
+----- Thread: I really wish we knew what was going on... (/thread-935998.html)

I really wish we knew what was going on... - mjs - 11-20-2021 02:44 PM

Were we interested in the MoValley and were told "no thanks" or did we not express interest? Did we contact CUSA or were we told "no"? Who are we talking to now? Summit, Ohio Valley, ASun, and or Southland? I have asked questions and gotten no answers. I really didn't expect an answer and understand that these types of discussions are sensitive and probably need to be kept quiet. What I don't understand is, how do national/regional guys like Matt Brown get information and how does Chiefsfan know more than any of us? It is a frustrating time for us fans, but I have to assume are athletic department is handling this with due diligence to make the best decision for the future of our program. I would think that travel costs have to be a major consideration for us. Honestly, I don't believe that conference affiliation will effect attendance as much as W's vs. L's. No one in this town cares if we are playing Indiana State or Southern Indiana (i.e. a Div. II team that the Ohio Valley is supposedly talking to). NWLa or SELa wouldn't draw any less than ULM or ULL. U of New Orleans would likely be a bigger draw than any Sun Belt team other than ASU. But more wins would probably draw more people than the names of the jersey's of our opponents.