CSNbbs
Next game - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: OVCbbs (/forum-17.html)
+---- Forum: Ohio Valley Team Talk (/forum-784.html)
+----- Forum: Little Rock (/forum-291.html)
+----- Thread: Next game (/thread-935019.html)

Next game - mjs - 11-10-2021 10:04 AM

A little hard to get excited about our next opponent, Championship Christian, after last night's great matchup with SIU. Just for some perspective, Championship Christian, has already lost to Williams Baptist College 107-72. Williams Baptist is a small private NAIA school with an enrollment of less than 600 students.

I'll be there to support our guys and get a further look at our new players. I realize it won't tell me much, but I have already seen that Alsean, DeAntonio, and DJ can play last night.

I realize we have to play teams like Championship Christian, Arkansas Baptist, and Philander Smith for financial reasons. Just surviving this pandemic, financially, has been a minor miracle as far as I am concerned. If we have to see some uninspiring opponents, on our home schedule, that's a small price to play. Hopefully, a majority of our fans feel the same way and will come out to support our team.

RE: Next game - MICHAELSPAPPY - 11-12-2021 08:48 AM

There is a logic to it, even in addition to the financial. First game was to find the holes in the boat. Second and third games are to patch them.

RE: Next game - mjs - 11-12-2021 11:29 AM

(11-12-2021 08:48 AM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  There is a logic to it, even in addition to the financial. First game was to find the holes in the boat. Second and third games are to patch them.

Midway through the first half, I was thinking I wish we had played one of these games before SIU, but it worked out fine. Time to fine tune things before we play some more "real" teams.

RE: Next game - MICHAELSPAPPY - 11-12-2021 09:20 PM

How often will we see Besovic have the most minutes in a game?

RE: Next game - mjs - 11-12-2021 11:54 PM

(11-12-2021 09:20 PM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  How often will we see Besovic have the most minutes in a game?

He'll sleep good tonight. Glad to see him get a bunch of minutes and play well. He won't play minutes like this in DI games. But, we will need him to play some minutes this year when Maric gets winded or in foul trouble. If he can give us quality minutes, here and there, it could really help this team.

RE: Next game - MICHAELSPAPPY - 11-13-2021 02:50 PM

Like Big Jake, he doesn't need to be brilliant, just steady and reliable. Good defense, grab a few rebounds, score a little.