CSNbbs
Could take awhile... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: OVCbbs (/forum-17.html)
+---- Forum: Ohio Valley Team Talk (/forum-784.html)
+----- Forum: Little Rock (/forum-291.html)
+----- Thread: Could take awhile... (/thread-933461.html)

Could take awhile... - mjs - 10-26-2021 06:19 PM

for our conference situation to be be resolved. I guess an exception to that would be for the Sun Belt to announce we are welcome to stay or a quick invite from the MoValley. I doubt either of those are in the cards.

I think at this point we have to wait and see what CUSA does. Of course, the might consider taking us and another non-football school or 2. But, even if they don't, their decisions will certainly impact our next move. I've seen speculation that they might invite teams from a wide array of conferences including the Southland, Summit, Ohio Valley, Atlantic Sun, MoValley and maybe even the WAC. These are all conferences that are plausible possibilities for us. Changes in their membership might significantly change how interested they are in us and visa versa. I think it might be better for us to sit back and watch what happens, then to jump into a conference that might then lose some key members. I tend to believe the Sun Belt will not push us into making a hasty decision.

RE: Could take awhile... - PTJR - 10-26-2021 07:10 PM

(10-26-2021 06:19 PM)mjs Wrote:  for our conference situation to be be resolved. I guess an exception to that would be for the Sun Belt to announce we are welcome to stay or a quick invite from the MoValley. I doubt either of those are in the cards.

I think at this point we have to wait and see what CUSA does. Of course, the might consider taking us and another non-football school or 2. But, even if they don't, their decisions will certainly impact our next move. I've seen speculation that they might invite teams from a wide array of conferences including the Southland, Summit, Ohio Valley, Atlantic Sun, MoValley and maybe even the WAC. These are all conferences that are plausible possibilities for us. Changes in their membership might significantly change how interested they are in us and visa versa. I think it might be better for us to sit back and watch what happens, then to jump into a conference that might then lose some key members. I tend to believe the Sun Belt will not push us into making a hasty decision.

The CUSA will attempt to shore up their FBS conference status first. Then, add basketball only schools if they think it is beneficial to them. Hopefully, when they get to that point, we look like an attractive candidate. But hopefully our leadership is exploring multiple possibilities.

RE: Could take awhile... - Karl B - 10-26-2021 07:33 PM

It would be nice for someone in the local media to chase this and interview our AD or chancellor and give us fans some idea of what they’re thinking.

RE: Could take awhile... - mjs - 10-26-2021 08:27 PM

(10-26-2021 07:33 PM)Karl B Wrote:  It would be nice for someone in the local media to chase this and interview our AD or chancellor and give us fans some idea of what they’re thinking.

A novel concept. The local media providing locals with some information about the local university. Wouldn't hold my breath. The local paper still refers to us as UALR.

RE: Could take awhile... - PTJR - 10-26-2021 09:32 PM

(10-26-2021 08:27 PM)mjs Wrote:  
(10-26-2021 07:33 PM)Karl B Wrote:  It would be nice for someone in the local media to chase this and interview our AD or chancellor and give us fans some idea of what they’re thinking.

A novel concept. The local media providing locals with some information about the local university. Wouldn't hold my breath. The local paper still refers to us as UALR.

How about the local University providing some information about their teams to fans! I don’t blame the media for us being in the dark. It is unreal to me that the Athletic Department hasn’t issued some kind of statement, but there it is!

RE: Could take awhile... - eh9198 - 10-27-2021 09:47 PM

Well, we had that with Conque, but we ran him out. Frankly, sometimes I think these jerks don’t deserve to have supporters.