CSNbbs
UNT: Hopefully the Fight is Over - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: UNT: Hopefully the Fight is Over (/thread-932151.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

UNT: Hopefully the Fight is Over - Side.Show.Joe - 10-15-2021 10:29 PM

Littrell has been an embarrassment for UNT, and now he has to leave. It is over. The fans have had enough. The gloves are off. All of my attention is now focused on getting people at our athletic department fired. I've probably made a few enemies on the GOMEANGREEN board and certainly within the athletic department tonight, but that's okay. I love UNT football too much to continue watching it be an embarrassment. Littrell must be fired, and if Wren Baker won't do it, than Baker needs to be fired too. My inside information, may take a hit as all of this goes down, but it is time to take a stand.

RE: UNT: We Will Burn It Down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - GreenBison - 10-15-2021 10:54 PM

(10-15-2021 10:29 PM)Side.Show.Joe Wrote:  Littrell has been an embarrassment for UNT, and now he has to leave. It is over. The fans have had enough. The gloves are off. All of my attention is now focused on getting people at our athletic department fired. I've probably made a few enemies on the GOMEANGREEN board and certainly within the athletic department tonight, but that's okay. I love UNT football too much to continue watching it be an embarrassment. Littrell must be fired, and if Wren Baker won't do it, than Baker needs to be fired too. My inside information, may take a hit as all of this goes down, but it is time to take a stand.

Been there before (Snyder era of MU Football). We had a ****** coach and an AD that was so arrogant he'd never back down. Good luck my friend.

RE: UNT: We Will Burn It Down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - deb025 - 10-15-2021 11:01 PM

(10-15-2021 10:29 PM)Side.Show.Joe Wrote:  Littrell has been an embarrassment for UNT, and now he has to leave. It is over. The fans have had enough. The gloves are off. All of my attention is now focused on getting people at our athletic department fired. I've probably made a few enemies on the GOMEANGREEN board and certainly within the athletic department tonight, but that's okay. I love UNT football too much to continue watching it be an embarrassment. Littrell must be fired, and if Wren Baker won't do it, than Baker needs to be fired too. My inside information, may take a hit as all of this goes down, but it is time to take a stand.

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

RE: UNT: We Will Burn It Down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - deb025 - 10-15-2021 11:02 PM

Seriously though I agree with you Sideshow. UNT can not afford to keep Littrell around any longer. The team has quit on him.

RE: UNT: We Will Burn It Down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Magic95Fan - 10-15-2021 11:15 PM

(10-15-2021 11:02 PM)deb025 Wrote:  

Seriously though I agree with you Sideshow. UNT can not afford to keep Littrell around any longer. The team has quit on him.

We fans have too.

RE: UNT: We Will Burn It Down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Side.Show.Joe - 10-16-2021 12:01 AM

Tonight, I burned every bridge I had at our athletic department.

But... UNT appears to have Littrell's buyout. $2.9 million. I won't go into those details.

The big donors, BOR, Baker, and Smat will have to hash it all out over the next few days, maybe even weeks, but it will be worth it. Change is coming to UNT.

I'm tired. Too much COVID. I need to go to bed.

RE: UNT: We Will Burn It Down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - UAB Band Dad - 10-16-2021 12:01 AM

Mailing what's left of your season ticket package back to the athletic department seems to make a point, particularly if it happens in numbers.

RE: UNT: We Will Burn It Down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - FriscoDawg - 10-16-2021 01:46 AM

100%. That busted coverage TD is all you needed to see from that game. Could have jogged to the endzone from the 20 and probably still would have scored because the out of position secondary wasn't running much faster.

Better effort in the second half, but mailing in four first halves in a row just doesn't cut it.

RE: UNT: We Will Burn It Down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - rileylives - 10-16-2021 07:44 AM

(10-16-2021 12:01 AM)Side.Show.Joe Wrote:  

But... UNT appears to have Littrell's buyout. $2.9 million. I won't go into those details.

The big donors, BOR, Baker, and Smat will have to hash it all out over the next few days, maybe even weeks, but it will be worth it. Change is coming to UNT.

Hey Joe, I feel for you. You have a lot of passion, and if your friends in the UNT athletic department are smart, they will see it's just your passion coming out.

Heck, UNT needs that passion to inspire change. Real change. If I were in your shoes I would be doing the same.

Hang in there man.

RE: UNT: We Will Burn It Down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Side.Show.Joe - 10-16-2021 08:36 AM

(10-16-2021 07:44 AM)rileylives Wrote:  

Hey Joe, I feel for you. You have a lot of passion, and if your friends in the UNT athletic department are smart, they will see it's just your passion coming out.

Heck, UNT needs that passion to inspire change. Real change. If I were in your shoes I would be doing the same.

Hang in there man.

It's all out of control, and UNT doesn't have a handle on any of it now. More heads than just Littrell will roll. Baker may not survive this.

Last night the players were cussing the few fans that were left, and the fans were cussing the players right back. Coaches had no control over it, and the players weren't listening to them anyway.

By the time the night was over, many of the players had their windows broken on their cars. Baker has lost control of this situation. It is now a war between the fans and the athletic department. The president will have to step in.

RE: UNT: It is All Coming Down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - mturn017 - 10-16-2021 08:49 AM

(10-16-2021 08:36 AM)Side.Show.Joe Wrote:  

Hang in there man.

It's all out of control, and UNT doesn't have a handle on any of it now. More heads than just Littrell will roll. Baker may not survive this.

Last night the players were cussing the few fans that were left, and the fans were cussing the players right back. Coaches had no control over it, and the players weren't listening to them anyway.

By the time the night was over, many of the players had their windows broken on their cars. Baker has lost control of this situation. It is now a war between the fans and the athletic department. The president will have to step in.

04-jawdrop

RE: UNT: It is All Coming Down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - WKUApollo - 10-16-2021 08:53 AM

17 penalties for 161 yards. That's a sure sign of loss of control.

RE: UNT: It is All Coming Down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - rileylives - 10-16-2021 09:05 AM

Hang in there man.

WHAT!?

Oh my, this all sounds horrible. What a mess.

RE: UNT: It is All Coming Down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Side.Show.Joe - 10-16-2021 09:13 AM

(10-16-2021 09:05 AM)rileylives Wrote:  
(10-15-2021 11:02 PM)deb025 Wrote:  Seriously though I agree with you Sideshow. UNT can not afford to keep Littrell around any longer. The team has quit on him.

Hang in there man.

WHAT!?

Oh my, this all sounds horrible. What a mess.

In my worst nightmare, I never envisioned it coming to this. But here we are, and Wren Baker only has himself to blame. This should have been dealt with long ago. Heads will roll.

RE: UNT: It is All Coming Down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - DogsWin1 - 10-16-2021 09:50 AM

These things work themselves out in time. It was clear on Littrell's face last night that he knows he's already gone at UNT. Just let this dead season play out and you'll have a new coach in Dec/Jan.

RE: UNT: It is All Coming Down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - THUNDERStruck73 - 10-16-2021 09:50 AM

I'm tired. Too much Old Grandad. I need to go to bed.
FIFY

RE: UNT: It is All Coming Down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - THUNDERStruck73 - 10-16-2021 09:54 AM

Is there a feed of Littrell’s post game presser?

RE: UNT: It is All Coming Down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Side.Show.Joe - 10-16-2021 10:13 AM

(10-16-2021 09:54 AM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  Is there a feed of Littrell’s post game presser?

The 6:02 mark is particularly hard to watch...

RE: UNT: It is All Coming Down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Side.Show.Joe - 10-16-2021 10:16 AM

(10-16-2021 09:50 AM)DogsWin1 Wrote:  These things work themselves out in time. It was clear on Littrell's face last night that he knows he's already gone at UNT. Just let this dead season play out and you'll have a new coach in Dec/Jan.

No. It must end now.

Too much is on the line for UNT to allow Littrell to remain a distraction. The AD is losing control and none of that is a good look. The university cannot allow this to continue for even another week. It is time for an interim coach to finish out the season, while we focus on our next hire.

RE: UNT: It is All Coming Down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Side.Show.Joe - 10-16-2021 10:17 AM

[Image: 750907861_firelittrell.jpg.5c4e6f9522249...4747dd.jpg]