CSNbbs
CBS Sports: Regionalization concept that would realign teams... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: CBS Sports: Regionalization concept that would realign teams... (/thread-931614.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: CBS Sports: Regionalization concept that would realign teams... - monarx - 10-11-2021 01:36 PM

1. I doubt any MAC school moves. Theyve got a good thing going. 2. The only way any of this works is if the AAC loses 2/3 of its payout (possible) and there is a one time moratorium on entrance and exit fees. (unlikely). If that happened, its possible. I hope it happens. But doubt that it does.

RE: CBS Sports: Regionalization concept that would realign teams... - MadEagle - 10-11-2021 01:37 PM

So it sounds to me like CUSA is finally saying we should disban this conference and everyone try to find some other programs in your region to form a conference with

RE: CBS Sports: Regionalization concept that would realign teams... - papa_dawg - 10-11-2021 01:40 PM

(10-10-2021 08:05 PM)rileylives Wrote:  So.....this is what CUSA hired Delaney for?

A message board post proposal on realignment?

I thought the same thing when I first read it. And I know many posters on this board taking shots at it have created realignment threads that are basically the same proposal.

(10-11-2021 11:31 AM)FrankyP Wrote:  ULM is not going to FCS. The SBC is certainly supportive of them right where they are. And if I remember right their budget is only $7 million less than LTU.

Dude, we get it. You're like....totally invested in our failure. I guess when you get housed over and over again on the field there isn't much left to root for. Hate to disappoint you, but we will be just fine.

RE: CBS Sports: Regionalization concept that would realign teams... - monarx - 10-11-2021 01:43 PM

(10-11-2021 01:40 PM)papa_dawg Wrote:  
(10-10-2021 08:05 PM)rileylives Wrote:  So.....this is what CUSA hired Delaney for?

I thought the same thing when I first read it. And I know many posters on this board taking shots at it have created realignment threads that are basically the same proposal.

(10-11-2021 11:31 AM)FrankyP Wrote:  ULM is not going to FCS. The SBC is certainly supportive of them right where they are. And if I remember right their budget is only $7 million less than LTU.

Dude, we get it. You're like....totally invested in our failure. I guess when you get housed over and over again on the field there isn't much left to root for. Hate to disappoint you, but we will be just fine.

Sure. You'd expect a paid professional to come up with something better than the blatantly obvious solution keyboard jockeys on a message board have been touting for several years. Talk about a waste of money.

RE: CBS Sports: Regionalization concept that would realign teams... - 49RFootballNow - 10-11-2021 01:46 PM

(10-11-2021 01:43 PM)monarx Wrote:  

Sure. You'd expect a paid professional to come up with something better than the blatantly obvious solution keyboard jockeys on a message board have been touting for several years. Talk about a waste of money.

It's not his idea. He's getting paid for his reputation and name.

RE: CBS Sports: Regionalization concept that would realign teams... - loki_the_bubba - 10-11-2021 01:46 PM

I would hope the value would be in the supporting details: tv estimates, travel costs, structures, revenue projections, scheduling issues, etc. It has to be more than just 'hey, let's realign'.

RE: CBS Sports: Regionalization concept that would realign teams... - Tmac13 - 10-11-2021 01:50 PM

(10-11-2021 01:37 PM)MadEagle Wrote:  So it sounds to me like CUSA is finally saying we should disban this conference and everyone try to find some other programs in your region to form a conference with

I highly doubt CUSA or any conference would consider disbanding now..Once it's agreed upon, the new CFP proposals for 12 teams in the playoffs is going to be a huge windfall for every existing FBS conference. Sure, the P5 will get the largest chunks, but I have seen forecasts of the SBC and CUSA getting 50 plus million each yearly..Depending on how conferences distributed the money, that's 4 to 5 million for each school in found money..So even if CUSA has to recruit 4 or 6 FCS callups, they won't disband..

RE: CBS Sports: Regionalization concept that would realign teams... - mturn017 - 10-11-2021 01:51 PM

Agreed. We can talk about it but who can make it happen. Can Delaney? Probably not but it seems the idea is gaining traction and I think we’ll see a lot more movement in the coming years, so maybe it’s a few more years down the line.

RE: CBS Sports: Regionalization concept that would realign teams... - papa_dawg - 10-11-2021 01:53 PM

(10-11-2021 01:50 PM)Tmac13 Wrote:  
(10-11-2021 01:37 PM)MadEagle Wrote:  So it sounds to me like CUSA is finally saying we should disban this conference and everyone try to find some other programs in your region to form a conference with

I highly doubt CUSA or any conference would consider disbanding now..Once it's agreed upon, the new CFP proposals for 12 teams in the playoffs is going to be a huge windfall for every existing FBS conference. Sure, the P5 will get the largest chunks, but I have seen forecasts of the SBC and CUSA getting 50 plus million each yearly..Depending on how conferences distributed the money, that's 4 to 5 million for each school in found money..So even if CUSA has to recruit 4 or 6 FCS callups, they won't disband..

There is no effing way P5 conferences let 50 million go out the door to G5.

RE: CBS Sports: Regionalization concept that would realign teams... - WKUYG - 10-11-2021 02:09 PM

(10-11-2021 01:46 PM)loki_the_bubba Wrote:  

I would hope the value would be in the supporting details: tv estimates, travel costs, structures, revenue projections, scheduling issues, etc. It has to be more than just 'hey, let's realign'.

I assume there must be figures to show how this would be better for almost every school. Without that, it is DOA.

But the ideal is still the best ideal even if people on message boards also came up with it. None of us has actually shown how it could work to cut cost and raise revenue at the same time. Maybe this guy has that in a power point thats easy to understand

RE: CBS Sports: Regionalization concept that would realign teams... - Luckyshot - 10-11-2021 02:11 PM

To comment 1, so true. To comment 2, huh? A LaTech fan showed ULM dropping to FCS in his projection and the LA fan said they wouldn't drop. Nothing about LaTech failing was mentioned.

RE: CBS Sports: Regionalization concept that would realign teams... - WKUYG - 10-11-2021 02:13 PM

(10-11-2021 01:51 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  Agreed. We can talk about it but who can make it happen. Can Delaney? Probably not but it seems the idea is gaining traction and I think we’ll see a lot more movement in the coming years, so maybe it’s a few more years down the line.

Think you are correct two or three years after this round of moves its probably going to look a lot better ideal because by then most of the AAC TV money will be cut by 2/3 and everyone still spend 1 to 3 million more on travel they needed...

especially so if he can show how the dollars will work.

RE: CBS Sports: Regionalization concept that would realign teams... - b0ndsj0ns - 10-11-2021 02:15 PM

(10-11-2021 01:46 PM)loki_the_bubba Wrote:  

Considering this quote in the article

"Media rights have not been priced for regionalization, a source said."

Doesn't sound to me like they have anywhere near enough supporting details. Like that's the most basic one right there, what would these leagues broken out regionally be able to make in TV revenue? So yeah if you don't have that then this is just Delaney proposing a realignment board scenario and getting paid for it.

RE: CBS Sports: Regionalization concept that would realign teams... - papa_dawg - 10-11-2021 02:25 PM

(10-11-2021 02:11 PM)Luckyshot Wrote:  

To comment 1, so true. To comment 2, huh? A LaTech fan showed ULM dropping to FCS in his projection and the LA fan said they wouldn't drop. Nothing about LaTech failing was mentioned.

#2 True, but it's more a commentary on the meta-conversation going on with FrankyP, ragin4u and anything LA Tech-related. For the record, I like FrankyP. And I like ULL. I'd be perfectly happy penciling in that win every season. 04-chairshot

RE: CBS Sports: Regionalization concept that would realign teams... - PicksUp - 10-11-2021 02:38 PM

This is a Delaney proposal to CUSA.

Get back to us if any Presidents bite.

RE: CBS Sports: Regionalization concept that would realign teams... - PureGold - 10-11-2021 03:06 PM

This proposal is only being presented to college presidents, correct? So we publicly won't be allowed to see this "plan"?

RE: CBS Sports: Regionalization concept that would realign teams... - Ourland - 10-11-2021 03:17 PM

It's desperation. The AAC and Sunbelt are owned by ESPN. They're ready to pull CUSA apart. We asked for it. Our media deal is the weakest of all the conferences, so we'll be the one that loses the most members. The concept of regionalization has merit, but it'll never happen. No one is going to cooperate in this process, just step on one another.

RE: CBS Sports: Regionalization concept that would realign teams... - 49RFootballNow - 10-11-2021 03:25 PM

(10-11-2021 02:38 PM)PicksUp Wrote:  

This is a Delaney proposal to CUSA.

Get back to us if any Presidents bite.

This is a Judy proposal that they have wrapped a Delany veneer onto. She realizes she's behind the curve and now the 8-ball and wants to be perceived as "doing something". She should have put this out there 2 or 3 years ago if she really meant it.

RE: CBS Sports: Regionalization concept that would realign teams... - herdfan129 - 10-11-2021 03:51 PM

President at Temple is open to regionalizing 07-coffee3

https://247sports.com/college/temple/Article/Temple-football-AAC-Jason-Wingard-sees-geographical-limits-to-conference-realignment-172818580/

RE: CBS Sports: Regionalization concept that would realign teams... - 49RFootballNow - 10-11-2021 03:52 PM

(10-11-2021 03:51 PM)herdfan129 Wrote:  President at Temple is open to regionalizing 07-coffee3

https://247sports.com/college/temple/Article/Temple-football-AAC-Jason-Wingard-sees-geographical-limits-to-conference-realignment-172818580/

Well.......there's 1.

Now...............we wait for more.........

Meanwhile in Texas, Judy manically laughs and rubs her hands as her diabolical plan is set into motion.