CSNbbs
Orlando Sentinel: SBC Continues to Monitor Conference Realignment Moves - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Orlando Sentinel: SBC Continues to Monitor Conference Realignment Moves (/thread-931412.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Orlando Sentinel: SBC Continues to Monitor Conference Realignment Moves - RamblinRedWolf - 10-06-2021 03:08 PM

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/college-gridiron-365/os-sp-sun-belt-commissioner-keith-gill-conference-realignment-20211006-wzgg6jc4pfc6jcsex66qp3swqy-story.html

RE: Orlando Sentinel: SBC Continues to Monitor Conference Realignment Moves - herdfan129 - 10-06-2021 04:19 PM

Interesting quotes to me. Makes me think the SBC isn't going to be able to poach CUSA teams so Gill is setting the stage for saying 10 teams is what's best.

Quote:“We’re evaluating the landscape and certainly have our eyes open as to what is happening and what some of our other conference colleagues are doing,” Gill said. “If there are some opportunities for us to grow and they make sense, we’re open to that but at the same time, we feel good about our 10 football-playing schools. We’re a strong college football conference and we feel good where we are and how we’re positioned.

“We know 10 [member schools] is a good number and maybe that’s the best place for us to be.”

RE: Orlando Sentinel: SBC Continues to Monitor Conference Realignment Moves - RamblinRedWolf - 10-06-2021 04:20 PM

Or he's still playing his cards close to the vest and remaining mum on internal moves

RE: Orlando Sentinel: SBC Continues to Monitor Conference Realignment Moves - The WEST is the BEST - 10-06-2021 04:23 PM

(10-06-2021 04:20 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  Or he's still playing his cards close to the vest and remaining mum on internal moves

Bingo.

his main concern is members that may move to other conferences.

RE: Orlando Sentinel: SBC Continues to Monitor Conference Realignment Moves - chiefsfan - 10-06-2021 05:15 PM

(10-06-2021 04:19 PM)herdfan129 Wrote:  Interesting quotes to me. Makes me think the SBC isn't going to be able to poach CUSA teams so Gill is setting the stage for saying 10 teams is what's best.

Quote:“We’re evaluating the landscape and certainly have our eyes open as to what is happening and what some of our other conference colleagues are doing,” Gill said. “If there are some opportunities for us to grow and they make sense, we’re open to that but at the same time, we feel good about our 10 football-playing schools. We’re a strong college football conference and we feel good where we are and how we’re positioned.

“We know 10 [member schools] is a good number and maybe that’s the best place for us to be.”

That’s the same statement we gave early on in this. We’re open to the right expansion options but also comfortable with our 10 if need be. He didn’t say anything earth shattering there. We’re not going to straight up announce our plan

RE: Orlando Sentinel: SBC Continues to Monitor Conference Realignment Moves - trueeagle98 - 10-06-2021 05:25 PM

Since the AAC is still in Limbo and the BIG12 may not be done, a few teams the SBC is looking at are probably waiting. This could take awhile.

RE: Orlando Sentinel: SBC Continues to Monitor Conference Realignment Moves - hotrod2001 - 10-06-2021 05:32 PM

(10-06-2021 04:19 PM)herdfan129 Wrote:  Interesting quotes to me. Makes me think the SBC isn't going to be able to poach CUSA teams so Gill is setting the stage for saying 10 teams is what's best.

He's also letting everyone know that the Belt is both a sound and stable conference. And even that in the case the conference doesn't take on any new members that we're good to go regardless while nobody is doing the death watch on us like they are CUSA and AAC.

I'm sure he's got his list of invites ready to go once the signal is given.

RE: Orlando Sentinel: SBC Continues to Monitor Conference Realignment Moves - THUNDERStruck73 - 10-06-2021 05:38 PM

He is creating/illustrating a position of leverage and power if and when negotiations come about. The old “You need us more than we need you.” Schpeel. Smart.

RE: Orlando Sentinel: SBC Continues to Monitor Conference Realignment Moves - TealNation - 10-06-2021 05:48 PM

(10-06-2021 05:38 PM)THUNDERStruck73 Wrote:  He is creating/illustrating a position of leverage and power if and when negotiations come about. The old “You need us more than we need you.” Schpeel. Smart.
In this case, he's not pushing the envelope either though. The SBC should be fine regardless.

RE: Orlando Sentinel: SBC Continues to Monitor Conference Realignment Moves - RamblinRedWolf - 10-06-2021 06:03 PM

Matt browns interpretation

RE: Orlando Sentinel: SBC Continues to Monitor Conference Realignment Moves - Saint3333 - 10-06-2021 06:46 PM

Bro ten days ago: https://csnbbs.com/thread-930613-post-17676815.html#pid17676815

RE: Orlando Sentinel: SBC Continues to Monitor Conference Realignment Moves - arkstfan - 10-06-2021 06:48 PM

Gee not like virtually EVERY poster here hasn’t said the same thing.

RE: Orlando Sentinel: SBC Continues to Monitor Conference Realignment Moves - arkstfan - 10-06-2021 06:49 PM

(10-06-2021 06:03 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  Matt browns interpretation

https://twitter.com/mattbrownep/status/1445883472418119680?s=21

That’s a stretch since he qualified as football.

RE: Orlando Sentinel: SBC Continues to Monitor Conference Realignment Moves - Michael in Raleigh - 10-06-2021 07:31 PM

(10-06-2021 06:46 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  

Bro ten days ago: https://csnbbs.com/thread-930613-post-17676815.html#pid17676815

01-ncaabbs

Post of the month

RE: Orlando Sentinel: SBC Continues to Monitor Conference Realignment Moves - Michael in Raleigh - 10-06-2021 07:36 PM

(10-06-2021 07:31 PM)Michael in Raleigh Wrote:  
(10-06-2021 06:46 PM)Saint3333 Wrote:  

01-ncaabbs

Post of the month

In case herdfan129 tries to delete that post...

(09-26-2021 08:39 PM)herdfan129 Wrote:  
(09-26-2021 06:01 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  
(09-26-2021 05:44 PM)herdfan129 Wrote:  
(09-26-2021 05:00 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  Marshall @ App State - ESPN – 1,014,000 viewers

This is probably why schools like Marshall and Southern Miss would like to be in the SBC.

Over the last decade, Marshall has never had a nationally televised CUSA matchup with over 1 million viewers. As a matter of fact, they've had very few nationally televised CUSA matchups.

The ESPN deal we have is one reason why the SBC and our school brands have grown at a rapid pace over the past decade.

We have only had one game on actual ESPN not reach 1 million viewers and that was our FCS game last year vs EKU which had 980k viewers.

But you are correct, we don't get many chances with the current CUSA media deal and we want to get back in bed with the mouse for obvious reasons.

Yes, but I said CUSA matchups. Marshall has never had a CUSA matchup with over 1 million viewers in the past 10 years.

In the SBC, you'd hit that mark against a few teams.

Yeah.....cause we haven't had any CUSA matchups on ESPN lol

That's exactly why I'm ready to move to the Sun Belt.

RE: Orlando Sentinel: SBC Continues to Monitor Conference Realignment Moves - OsageJ - 10-06-2021 07:36 PM

(10-06-2021 05:15 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  

That’s the same statement we gave early on in this. We’re open to the right expansion options but also comfortable with our 10 if need be. He didn’t say anything earth shattering there. We’re not going to straight up announce our plan

You know I like our conference like it is but I wouldn't mind taking USM and especially Marshal to shut that idiot up.

RE: Orlando Sentinel: SBC Continues to Monitor Conference Realignment Moves - chiefsfan - 10-06-2021 07:39 PM

Good god the most obvious nothing quote is going to create a 5 page thread isn’t it?

RE: Orlando Sentinel: SBC Continues to Monitor Conference Realignment Moves - bluephi1914 - 10-06-2021 07:49 PM

Here is an interview with Baylor’s AD. He is on the Big12 expansion committee. He said for the Big 12 to add more it will have to be a compelling reason for the add. I don’t see anyone out there who the Big 12 didn’t recently take suddenly providing a compelling reason for the add. Also, he talked about how tough scheduling is for a 14 member league. Given all of that, I doubt the Big 12 will expand. The messaging regarding a Round 2 of Big 12 expansion is being done to keep the AAC in limbo. It’s working.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF3kzQl_zs8

RE: Orlando Sentinel: SBC Continues to Monitor Conference Realignment Moves - slycat - 10-06-2021 07:56 PM

He left out that TXST was added in the last realignment. Womp womp.

RE: Orlando Sentinel: SBC Continues to Monitor Conference Realignment Moves - GaSoEagle - 10-06-2021 08:09 PM

It was expected that the AAC would add at least 2 MWC schools and maybe 4. When that did not happen it has put things into a holding pattern