CSNbbs
Injury Roundup after EMU - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Injury Roundup after EMU (/thread-931158.html)

Pages: 1 2

Injury Roundup after EMU - epasnoopy - 10-03-2021 07:44 AM

So who are all the injured Huskies? For sake of privacy, I won't list the type of injury.

LB Kyle Pugh - out for entire season
DT Jeffrey Griffin - has not played due to undisclosed injury
S Devin Lafayette - out for entire season vs. GT
TE Miles Joiner - out since GT game?
WR Cole Tucker - injured vs. Maine out at least 4 weeks
LB Daveren Rayner - injured
DL Devonte O'Malley - injured vs. EMU
RB Harrison Waylee - injured vs. EMU
CB Eric Rogers - injured vs. EMU

RE: Injury Roundup after EMU - epasnoopy - 10-03-2021 07:46 AM

I'm sure I'm missing others.

Who was the CB who was injured and then replaced with Javaughn Byrd?

I saw Evan Buss on the OL late in the game. Did one of our OL get injured or is he part of the rotation?

RE: Injury Roundup after EMU - BigChilla - 10-03-2021 08:09 AM

(10-03-2021 07:46 AM)epasnoopy Wrote:  I'm sure I'm missing others.

I saw Evan Buss on the OL late in the game. Did one of our OL get injured or is he part of the rotation?

Rodgers was the CB.
Rayner didn’t play at “rover” - but to the greatest shock of my lifetime on defense Dillon Thomas played outstanding and I would no sub him out if Rayner is healthy.

RE: Injury Roundup after EMU - NorthCoast - 10-03-2021 08:11 AM

Rogers. He got hurt in the GT game. This may have been his first game back and now hurt again.

On the good side, McGee is back and healthy.

RE: Injury Roundup after EMU - UniversityPlazaSoftballChamp - 10-03-2021 11:24 AM

How bad did the Waylee injury look? I didn't catch the post-delay part of the game.

RE: Injury Roundup after EMU - numbersdontlie - 10-03-2021 12:15 PM

(10-03-2021 11:24 AM)UniversityPlazaSoftballChamp Wrote:  How bad did the Waylee injury look? I didn't catch the post-delay part of the game.

He was in a sling on the broadcast towards the end of the game.

RE: Injury Roundup after EMU - NIU1981 - 10-03-2021 01:03 PM

Jeff Griffin has been out for the season so far.

RE: Injury Roundup after EMU - NIUSAE - 10-03-2021 02:49 PM

Rayner was on crutches.

RE: Injury Roundup after EMU - DiehardHuskie - 10-03-2021 06:52 PM

(10-03-2021 11:24 AM)UniversityPlazaSoftballChamp Wrote:  How bad did the Waylee injury look? I didn't catch the post-delay part of the game.

He took a big hit.

RE: Injury Roundup after EMU - TXHuskieJA26 - 10-04-2021 12:18 AM

I also saw Buss in there, but last I knew he was the backup at LT, and Cox was still in there, so maybe it was Potter?? Or he could have been a 6th O-lineman brought in. Haven't had a chance for a second watch yet.

RE: Injury Roundup after EMU - klake87 - 10-04-2021 07:39 AM

How serious was Waylee's injury? A concussion? Down in FLA don't get to see too much. This week get Toledo game

RE: Injury Roundup after EMU - Big Red - 10-04-2021 07:47 AM

(10-04-2021 07:39 AM)klake87 Wrote:  How serious was Waylee's injury? A concussion? Down in FLA don't get to see too much. This week get Toledo game

Seems like it was an arm/shoulder injury. I don't think any of us watching the game saw him get hurt because he just kind of disappeared from the game and then a couple reports on tv and radio confirmed he was out for the remainder of the game (and then I think he was spotted on the sideline wearing a sling).

RE: Injury Roundup after EMU - BigChilla - 10-04-2021 08:44 AM

The real measure of Hammocks recruiting is unfolding before our eyes. It appears like we have depth everywhere.

Is there any one spot where we feel like there was a true downgrade to the backup? I mean some *might* even be upgrades (I can’t say this enough…Dillon Thomas has impressed the heck out of me…he deserves praise after his poor play last season was called out.). Honestly the only spot I can circle is from Lafayette to Brown. But Lafayette was just a different level of talent at that safety spot and Brown is just your average MAC safety. Can’t help that.

Did you guys even notice Griffin has been out? He’s a rotation guy if not a starter. With O’Malley going down we got a chance to see the transfer, #54 in your programs, and he flashed a little bit. Rodgers was great with McGee out, now that flips.

Well done coach Hammock.

RE: Injury Roundup after EMU - Red Dog - 10-04-2021 10:36 AM

Rodgers has played all season up until he got injured vs EMU. Waylee was in a sling on the sideline after he got injured vs EMU.

RE: Injury Roundup after EMU - NIU1981 - 10-04-2021 10:46 AM

We could definitely use Griffin back if O'Malley is out for any period of time. Haberman and Hugenin don't look like they're quite ready.

Also, Toure was out vs. EMU

RE: Injury Roundup after EMU - Red Dog - 10-04-2021 10:56 AM

I think Haberman has more than held his own. Can't really say about Hugenin yet but both of those guys are going to be big parts of that DL going forward. Glad they're getting reps now. Big strong kids that will only get stronger.

RE: Injury Roundup after EMU - klake87 - 10-04-2021 11:03 AM

We are small at DT. They are young and still adding bulk

RE: Injury Roundup after EMU - NILAW - 10-04-2021 07:44 PM

(10-03-2021 08:09 AM)BigChilla Wrote:  

Rodgers was the CB.
Rayner didn’t play at “rover” - but to the greatest shock of my lifetime on defense Dillon Thomas played outstanding and I would no sub him out if Rayner is healthy.

Dillon Thomas' outstanding play is getting noticed - he was named MAC West Defensive Player of the Week. Congrats to him!

RE: Injury Roundup after EMU - NIUSAE - 10-04-2021 08:05 PM

Thomas came all the way across the field to tackle the receiver and save a touchdown in the first half. I believe EMU then missed the FG. He showed a lot of speed and took the perfect angle to make the stop.

RE: Injury Roundup after EMU - klake87 - 10-05-2021 09:38 AM

Someone posted on FB, NIU fanatics, that Waylee is out for the year. Huge loss if true