CSNbbs
Big 12 Expansion Report - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+----- Forum: Off Topic (/forum-738.html)
+----- Thread: Big 12 Expansion Report (/thread-931088.html)

Big 12 Expansion Report - Kandy Atz - 10-02-2021 11:27 AM

Very late last night, I visited the board and found a post with a link to a Big 12 expansion report. It was quite lengthy and professionally done by Altimore Collins and dated 9/30/2021.

I cannot seem to find that post today. Was it deleted? Was this the right forum?

Big 12 Expansion Report - Pony94 - 10-02-2021 11:29 AM

This is the AAC forum

RE: Big 12 Expansion Report - namssa - 10-02-2021 11:47 AM

Its in the Off Topic section. But I'll repost it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stVThj9R_q4

A fascinating look at all the expansion candidates for the BIG XII and the criteria by which one might choose a school.

After watching it the common thought is Memphis and Boise State are next up, but they actually rank quite low (because of very poor academic ranking).

RE: Big 12 Expansion Report - Kandy Atz - 10-02-2021 11:56 AM

It was from this board. I have never visited the Big 12 board on CSNbbs.

Maybe it was posted by mistake and deleted. I was hoping it would trigger some interesting discussion.

RE: Big 12 Expansion Report - tigerjamesc - 10-02-2021 12:00 PM

(10-02-2021 11:56 AM)Kandy Atz Wrote:  It was from this board. I have never visited the Big 12 board on CSNbbs.

Maybe it was posted by mistake and deleted. I was hoping it would trigger some interesting discussion.

It’s on the College Realignment board as well

RE: Big 12 Expansion Report - Kandy Atz - 10-02-2021 12:06 PM

(10-02-2021 11:47 AM)namssa Wrote:  Its in the Off Topic section. But I'll repost it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stVThj9R_q4

A fascinating look at all the expansion candidates for the BIG XII and the criteria by which one might choose a school.

After watching it the common thought is Memphis and Boise State are next up, but they actually rank quite low (because of very poor academic ranking).

I did find the hard copy, so apparently I did download it.

Thank you.

RE: Big 12 Expansion Report - HoustonRocks - 10-02-2021 01:37 PM

This may be the report

https://youtu.be/stVThj9R_q4

RE: Big 12 Expansion Report - namssa - 10-02-2021 02:00 PM

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2sdsqbm5qtu160/SicEm365_Big12_Discussion_2021-09-30.pdf?dl=0

Here is the download of the entire report.

RE: Big 12 Expansion Report - Realignment - 10-02-2021 02:14 PM

It's an interesting video. I only think the Big 12 would expand right now if Kansas leaves and possibly Oklahoma State. Other than that, we're probably good. But the Big Ten has to be enticed by adding Kansas & Missouri in the next TV rights deal and the easy and obvious back-fill for the SEC is Oklahoma State.

RE: Big 12 Expansion Report - mtmedlin - 10-02-2021 02:19 PM

(10-02-2021 02:00 PM)namssa Wrote:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2sdsqbm5qtu160/SicEm365_Big12_Discussion_2021-09-30.pdf?dl=0

Here is the download of the entire report.

It’s reports like this that remind me that no matter what fans say, USF is in a really good spot.

RE: Big 12 Expansion Report - Charlie Broadway - 10-02-2021 04:56 PM

I posted this on the realignment board, but as someone who skimmed through the report and didn’t watch the video:

According to that report people are really sleeping on USF and SMU for future additions. Furthermore, if Tulane could ever get it rolling watch out.

It just reinforces FTT’s mantra of thinking like a university president rather than a fan. I also had no idea Memphis is changing presidents. Tiger fans would know better than me but I wonder if it’s to their benefit that there is no more expansion until that new prez is settled in.

I know all of this talk centers around athletics, but I’d find it hard to believe that Big 12 presidents wouldn’t look at those institutional fit and academic charts and not want to add to the academic reputation of the conference. Much like the AAC must decide if it wants to favor football, basketball, or academics the next round of Big 12 expansion may come down to a similar decision: institutional fit or football?

RE: Big 12 Expansion Report - Fishpro10987 - 10-02-2021 05:09 PM

(10-02-2021 04:56 PM)Charlie Broadway Wrote:  I posted this on the realignment board, but as someone who skimmed through the report and didn’t watch the video:

According to that report people are really sleeping on USF and SMU for future additions. Furthermore, if Tulane could ever get it rolling watch out.

It just reinforces FTT’s mantra of thinking like a university president rather than a fan. I also had no idea Memphis is changing presidents. Tiger fans would know better than me but I wonder if it’s to their benefit that there is no more expansion until that new prez is settled in.

I know all of this talk centers around athletics, but I’d find it hard to believe that Big 12 presidents wouldn’t look at those institutional fit and academic charts and not want to add to the academic reputation of the conference. Much like the AAC must decide if it wants to favor football, basketball, or academics the next round of Big 12 expansion may come down to a similar decision: institutional fit or football?

Institutional fit has a strong pull.

RE: Big 12 Expansion Report - Charlie Broadway - 10-02-2021 05:20 PM

(10-02-2021 05:09 PM)Fishpro10987 Wrote:  
(10-02-2021 04:56 PM)Charlie Broadway Wrote:  I posted this on the realignment board, but as someone who skimmed through the report and didn’t watch the video:

Congrats on the win! I should’ve also mentioned Temple is another school identified as an institutional fit obviously.

RE: Big 12 Expansion Report - Fishpro10987 - 10-02-2021 05:50 PM

(10-02-2021 05:20 PM)Charlie Broadway Wrote:  
(10-02-2021 05:09 PM)Fishpro10987 Wrote:  

Congrats on the win! I should’ve also mentioned Temple is another school identified as an institutional fit obviously.

Yes it was. Sports was considered its weakness in those graphics. We lost all our momentum after Rhule left. Would love to gain it back.

RE: Big 12 Expansion Report - mtmedlin - 10-02-2021 06:38 PM

I think SMU and USF have a really good chance. Both being big rivalry games, monster markets, top level academics… we fit better than Boise does by far.

Boise just got beat by Nevada… got a feeling their successful run is coming to an end. If it does, then you have a tiny market and a long trip.