CSNbbs
Week 5: BGSU - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - East Team Talk (/forum-463.html)
+----- Forum: Kent State (/forum-474.html)
+----- Thread: Week 5: BGSU (/thread-930897.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Week 5: BGSU - Polish Hammer - 10-02-2021 04:53 PM

Yes! Touchdown…and no laundry on the field. Its now 20-20 and a new ballgame.

RE: Week 5: BGSU - ilovegymnast - 10-02-2021 05:13 PM

Important drive here to start the 4th

RE: Week 5: BGSU - Polish Hammer - 10-02-2021 05:23 PM

Nice pick, now let’s drive and get 7!

RE: Week 5: BGSU - ilovegymnast - 10-02-2021 05:27 PM

Refs are going to be icing their shoulders after this game

RE: Week 5: BGSU - Polish Hammer - 10-02-2021 05:34 PM

Great play by Crum for the score.

RE: Week 5: BGSU - Polish Hammer - 10-02-2021 05:49 PM

I get playing field position, but our kicking game is weak…go for it!

RE: Week 5: BGSU - Polish Hammer - 10-02-2021 05:53 PM

Didn’t get the best passing game statistically from Crum and the team didn’t cover, but he ran well in leading an exciting game and a 27-20 Flashes win.

RE: Week 5: BGSU - ilovegymnast - 10-02-2021 05:54 PM

That game was way too close

RE: Week 5: BGSU - thanksjim - 10-02-2021 05:58 PM

Got the W and a piece of humble pie. "We're all together, lets go forward KSU!"

RE: Week 5: BGSU - JimJoyce - 10-02-2021 06:02 PM

Not sure the better team won this one.

RE: Week 5: BGSU - axeme - 10-02-2021 07:15 PM

Crum had an uncharacteristic off day throwing. Was it three open receivers who would have scored he overthrew? And we failed to score on each of those possessions. But the last TD drive was vintage Crum, and at just the right time.

BG is clearly much improved and will give fits to teams with lesser offenses. Their defense has come a very long way in a short time.

RE: Week 5: BGSU - anti-zip - 10-02-2021 08:28 PM

My thoughts. Exciting hard fought game. A ton of ineligible man down field penalties today. Crum didn't have his best game and seems to be off on the deep ball right now. A lot of credit goes to BG though. He was under heavy pressure on most of the deep misses. Didn't get much help from his receivers today. Lots of drops as well. The last drive was completely made by his ability to slip out of seemingly impossible situations in the back field.

I really wish they would fix the sound system at Dix. Man is it awful to listen to. And what's the deal with the music for the dance team? Are they hooking up an iPod with their music on it or something? It sounds way worse than the normal music (which is already cringy bad).

RE: Week 5: BGSU - Older and Older - 10-03-2021 11:32 AM

(10-02-2021 08:28 PM)anti-zip Wrote:  My thoughts. Exciting hard fought game. A ton of ineligible man down field penalties today. Crum didn't have his best game and seems to be off on the deep ball right now. A lot of credit goes to BG though. He was under heavy pressure on most of the deep misses. Didn't get much help from his receivers today. Lots of drops as well. The last drive was completely made by his ability to slip out of seemingly impossible situations in the back field.

I really wish they would fix the sound system at Dix. Man is it awful to listen to. And what's the deal with the music for the dance team? Are they hooking up an iPod with their music on it or something? It sounds way worse than the normal music (which is already cringy bad).

I wish the band participated more and the sound system turned off. Simply
Awful. Jeff Kurtz replacement as bad as sound system. On missed Field Goal he said “The kick is incomplete “. Bring back Jeff Kurtz now !!
Nice win but we need to play way better next week.
Also concession stands were out of items before kickoff. What kind of crowd did the Admin expect. Really poor planning. Parking horrible took us an hour from 261 and 59 to park 90 min before kick off
Bathrooms spotless , kudos to staff.

Entertaining game, We really miss McKoy.

RE: Week 5: BGSU - ilovegymnast - 10-03-2021 01:25 PM

I stopped parking at the stadium years ago because it takes too long to get in. I park on summit street in the summit east parking lot. There is access to it from horning road. Parking is free and I will either walk or take the bus. It's only a 5-10 minute walk if you take the esplanade walkway that has a bridge over 261. Parking there saves a lot of frustration getting in and out of the game.

RE: Week 5: BGSU - anti-zip - 10-03-2021 01:26 PM

It was hilarious when the new PA guy forgot to turn off his mic and accidentally said "what is going on?" when the refs were delaying a snap to let BG sub. I was with a couple of friends that don't go to Kent games. One of many moments they thought were hilariously amateur.

PS. The refs were 100% right. We subbed so BG needed time to as well.

RE: Week 5: BGSU - Older and Older - 10-03-2021 03:47 PM

(10-03-2021 01:26 PM)anti-zip Wrote:  It was hilarious when the new PA guy forgot to turn off his mic and accidentally said "what is going on?" when the refs were delaying a snap to let BG sub. I was with a couple of friends that don't go to Kent games. One of many moments they thought were hilariously amateur.

PS. The refs were 100% right. We subbed so BG needed time to as well.

Bring Back Jeff Kurtz…. No brainer. Understand new AD has balked at involving himself.

RE: Week 5: BGSU - AlphaFlash - 10-03-2021 08:38 PM

We got the ugly win out of the way. I can't help but think this was the first ACTUAL game we played this year and in front of a crowd. Let's learn from this game tape. The penalties and drops need correction. Again, I wish we had 1 or 2 games with equal competition before playing in the conference.

The crowd was spectacular! I hope they all return when the weather sucks.

I wish Marketing would play off winning the Frisco bowl. I know it was 2019, but the fans never had any real celebration except the halftime of the Akron B-ball game right before the pandemic. I would love to see a photo opportunity with the trophy like the Cavs did. They could give it a tour to other campuses. (Who do I email with ideas?)

Jeff Kurtz and the MGF having more playing time are needed. I understand the advertisements and paying bills, but whenever the pump music through the speakers it sounds bad.

RE: Week 5: BGSU - Older and Older - 10-05-2021 07:47 AM

(10-03-2021 08:38 PM)AlphaFlash Wrote:  We got the ugly win out of the way. I can't help but think this was the first ACTUAL game we played this year and in front of a crowd. Let's learn from this game tape. The penalties and drops need correction. Again, I wish we had 1 or 2 games with equal competition before playing in the conference.

I wish Marketing would play off winning the Frisco bowl. I know it was 2019, but the fans never had any real celebration except the halftime of the Akron B-ball game right before the pandemic. I would love to see a photo opportunity with the trophy like the Cavs did. They could give it a tour to other campuses. (Who do I email with ideas?)

Jeff Kurtz and the MGF having more playing time are needed. I understand the advertisements and paying bills, but whenever the pump music through the speakers it sounds bad.
“Crowd was spectacular”. 60-70% of student section and end zone left at halftime. I don’t call that spectacular. Real fans stay until the outcome
no longer in doubt.
Let’s hope that doesn’t happen this week on National TV.

RE: Week 5: BGSU - anti-zip - 10-05-2021 08:18 AM

I actually thought more of the student section stayed for the second half than normal.

RE: Week 5: BGSU - AlphaFlash - 10-05-2021 12:31 PM

(10-05-2021 07:47 AM)Older and Older Wrote:  
(10-03-2021 08:38 PM)AlphaFlash Wrote:  We got the ugly win out of the way. I can't help but think this was the first ACTUAL game we played this year and in front of a crowd. Let's learn from this game tape. The penalties and drops need correction. Again, I wish we had 1 or 2 games with equal competition before playing in the conference.

“Crowd was spectacular”. 60-70% of student section and end zone left at halftime. I don’t call that spectacular. Real fans stay until the outcome
no longer in doubt.
Let’s hope that doesn’t happen this week on National TV.

Considering that most don't show up, I don't see your complaint. Plus when we give away free tickets, people will treat it as such.