CSNbbs
Rebounding must be a focus - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: UNCW (/forum-686.html)
+----- Thread: Rebounding must be a focus (/thread-930639.html)

Rebounding must be a focus - billthebighawksfan - 09-26-2021 08:35 PM

I just looked at the conference stats last year and rebounding stood out as a big problem. Hawks lost that battle in most games and it was one- sided. If they can just be close to even, they compete well in the other categories. Hope they can turn that around this year because they certainly have offensive pieces.

RE: Rebounding must be a focus - Seahawkhoops - 09-27-2021 07:36 AM

(09-26-2021 08:35 PM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  I just looked at the conference stats last year and rebounding stood out as a big problem. Hawks lost that battle in most games and it was one- sided. If they can just be close to even, they compete well in the other categories. Hope they can turn that around this year because they certainly have offensive pieces.

Ya think? A team playing a 6'7 shooter that weighed 150 pounds at center had a rebounding problem? How could it be 02-13-banana

RE: Rebounding must be a focus - billthebighawksfan - 09-27-2021 11:14 AM

Yep Hoops I agree. Need a little girth and meanness one good time. A Dennis Rodman wouldn’t hurt either. A minus 10 in conference will get you beat 9/10 even if you win several other categories. Hopefully our fast break points and steals/ deflections go up nicely. You can live with a -2/3 board disadvantage if that happens but not a - freaking 10!

RE: Rebounding must be a focus - 82hawk - 09-27-2021 02:29 PM

(09-27-2021 11:14 AM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  Yep Hoops I agree. Need a little girth and meanness one good time. A Dennis Rodman wouldn’t hurt either. A minus 10 in conference will get you beat 9/10 even if you win several other categories. Hopefully our fast break points and steals/ deflections go up nicely. You can live with a -2/3 board disadvantage if that happens but not a - freaking 10!

Toss 2020 on the trash pile. Not relevant to this year. We have size in the post and size all around that we didn't have last year. Rebounding will likely never be our strength in a four guard offense though, but it will be far better this year without a doubt.

RE: Rebounding must be a focus - Seahawkhoops - 09-27-2021 02:50 PM

(09-27-2021 02:29 PM)82hawk Wrote:  
(09-27-2021 11:14 AM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  Yep Hoops I agree. Need a little girth and meanness one good time. A Dennis Rodman wouldn’t hurt either. A minus 10 in conference will get you beat 9/10 even if you win several other categories. Hopefully our fast break points and steals/ deflections go up nicely. You can live with a -2/3 board disadvantage if that happens but not a - freaking 10!

, but it will be far better this year without a doubt.
Can't really be worse

RE: Rebounding must be a focus - jumpinmullet - 09-27-2021 03:12 PM

I checked the schedule for this season and not real impressive so I look forward to UNCW out rebounding and more importantly out scoring teams this year. Coach has his players/system in place and it's time to win games .

RE: Rebounding must be a focus - billthebighawksfan - 09-27-2021 03:19 PM

The conference games are seemingly the issue as rock fights seem to be the flavor and their rocks seemed bigger for some reason. I don’t doubt our speed relative to most teams.

RE: Rebounding must be a focus - Seahawkhoops - 09-27-2021 03:19 PM

(09-27-2021 03:12 PM)jumpinmullet Wrote:  I checked the schedule for this season and not real impressive so I look forward to UNCW out rebounding and more importantly out scoring teams this year. Coach has his players/system in place and it's time to win games .

Yep, with you 1000% no more excuses. That guy in Raleigh says we have the best coach in the country, time to show it.