CSNbbs
FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER (/thread-929908.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - epasnoopy - 09-24-2021 03:58 PM

(09-24-2021 02:09 PM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  I really think NIU is counting on on-field success to be their savior. I’ve made the analogy before with the white Sox fan base. When the Sox lose they’re bottom 5 in attendance. When the Sox win they move to right around the middle in attendance. NIU needs to replicate that 2010-2014 run. Make improvements and hope to keep the new fans. Winning may be the only way to move the needle. Stadium improvements(while in much need) is a temporary fix. People get complacent quick and they won’t mean much the second year they see them.

Sometimes you are just what you are when it comes to fans. The White Sox are talking about moving the stadium again. You can try building a new stadium, winning, all
Kinds of promo’s…sometimes the fans just won’t consistently come to you so I guess you go find new fans.

We had the onfield success for many years and NIU didn't capitalize on it with fan engagement or fundraising. Plus, all our games are either on TV or can be streamed online so people can watch from the comfort of their home. You have to make the lazy or apathetic people not want to watch it from home and come in-person for the Gameday experiences. Those gameday experiences have diminished since I went to NIU. People need more than just beer stands in the south end zone. They want lively tailgating, pageanty of cheerleaders coming around, working concessions with more food options, not to wait in long lines for tickets or concessions (yes, we have created a culture of instant gratification with same day shipping and cell phones in our hands every waking moment), modern amenities in the stadium, store to buy merchandise, etc.

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - numbersdontlie - 09-24-2021 05:39 PM

Let me know when you guys are cutting that $200M check.

We don't get any money from a broke state
We don't have a huge donor base
We don't have a single big donor capable of making that sizable of a donation.

These are pipe dreams. Our budget is what it is at this point.

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - HawaiiToNIU - 09-24-2021 05:42 PM

(09-24-2021 05:39 PM)numbersdontlie Wrote:  Let me know when you guys are cutting that $200M check.

We don't get any money from a broke state
We don't have a huge donor base
We don't have a single big donor capable of making that sizable of a donation.

These are pipe dreams. Our budget is what it is at this point.

This guy gets it. The numbers truly don't lie.

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - Big Red - 09-24-2021 05:44 PM

(09-24-2021 02:09 PM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  I really think NIU is counting on on-field success to be their savior. I’ve made the analogy before with the white Sox fan base. When the Sox lose they’re bottom 5 in attendance. When the Sox win they move to right around the middle in attendance. NIU needs to replicate that 2010-2014 run. Make improvements and hope to keep the new fans. Winning may be the only way to move the needle. Stadium improvements(while in much need) is a temporary fix. People get complacent quick and they won’t mean much the second year they see them.

Sometimes you are just what you are when it comes to fans. The White Sox are talking about moving the stadium again. You can try building a new stadium, winning, all
Kinds of promo’s…sometimes the fans just won’t consistently come to you so I guess you go find new fans.

White Sox fans are a hard comparison to make to any team since they are so outspoken about being fickle. It's like they almost pride themselves on not going to their own ballpark unless the team is a favorite to win a world series.

They wear it like a badge on their sleeves and, imo, it's a detriment to the organization because they bend over backwards for their fans with ticket pricing and promotions and the fans snub their noses at it. It makes it really hard for the team to build any momentum.

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - epasnoopy - 09-25-2021 11:48 AM

(09-24-2021 03:33 PM)JHG722 Wrote:  
(09-18-2021 02:14 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  Why would you fire Sean Frazier for our loss to Michigan? Michigan has soundly beat WMU, Washington, and now us.

At least we aren't Temple who could only score 3 points against an unranked BC team.

Carey is a disaster, but that's one of the best defenses in the country.

Thanks again for paying us to take him off our hands! Frazier would have just kept giving him extensions until the end of time.

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - JHG722 - 09-25-2021 01:00 PM

(09-25-2021 11:48 AM)epasnoopy Wrote:  
(09-18-2021 02:14 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  Why would you fire Sean Frazier for our loss to Michigan? Michigan has soundly beat WMU, Washington, and now us.

At least we aren't Temple who could only score 3 points against an unranked BC team.

Thanks again for paying us to take him off our hands! Frazier would have just kept giving him extensions until the end of time.

No problem. Hopefully our new president has big balls and tells him to get ******.

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - epasnoopy - 09-25-2021 01:46 PM

(09-25-2021 01:00 PM)JHG722 Wrote:  
(09-25-2021 11:48 AM)epasnoopy Wrote:  

No problem. Hopefully our new president has big balls and tells him to get ******.

Do it now and do it quick. Otherwise you will regret it and watch your program regress.

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - VegasHuskie - 09-27-2021 12:44 AM

(09-18-2021 02:17 PM)bikechuck Wrote:  
(09-18-2021 02:14 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  At least we aren't Temple who could only score 3 points against an unranked BC team.

Someday very soon Roderick Carey is going to become a heck of an offensive line coach.

Do you really think he will be a good one?

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - chihuskie - 09-27-2021 08:30 AM

(09-24-2021 05:44 PM)Big Red Wrote:  

White Sox fans are a hard comparison to make to any team since they are so outspoken about being fickle. It's like they almost pride themselves on not going to their own ballpark unless the team is a favorite to win a world series.

They wear it like a badge on their sleeves and, imo, it's a detriment to the organization because they bend over backwards for their fans with ticket pricing and promotions and the fans snub their noses at it. It makes it really hard for the team to build any momentum.
I go to Sox games on occasion. Always a good time. Pretty well attended. Pretty wallet friendly. Good atmosphere. Good product on the field. Lots of merchandise for sale. They are working with some restraints-- and so what? They make it work. They aren't the Yankees, the Red Sox, or the Cubs. So what? They make it work. So..... actually it is a good comparison. And that has been my point. Where is the effort to market Big Time Football right in your own back yard? I think the last time there was discernable effort was around the years 2000-2003 or so.

Also, to clarify, I am not "arguing" that ticket prices are too high. I am stating that I see no logic in floundering around with ticket prices and everything else... and note that the ultimate goal has to be fans in the stands and that being the ultimate goal, we are failing miserably.
Question:
1. Does attendance matter? Yes or NO. If yes, then
2. Are sufficient efforts being made to address the issue of low attendance?
3. If so, please explain what those efforts are, in detail.

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - calvin12 - 09-27-2021 02:05 PM

(09-24-2021 10:11 AM)epasnoopy Wrote:  
(09-24-2021 10:05 AM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  NIU tickets are damn near close to movie ticket prices. Me and a buddy buy season tickets every year, knowing full well we won't go to most of the games. We just love and support a great program. Albeit a dying one.

You and I are a rare bread though. I do the same and buy two season tickets for East side and I live nowhere close to Illinois. Many friends who would go to every NIU football game when we were students in college won't even take my season tickets to go to the games for free now that they are long out of college. They're busy having families, kids, etc. and seem to have long lost their interest in NIU except for maybe vaguely following the program on Facebook or news articles.

I have 4 on the west side and probably wont make a game this year and didn't in 19 either. Might get to 1 or 2 a year for the last 10 years. got to more before that.

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - The Huskie - 09-29-2021 01:35 AM

Speaking of the Chicago White Sox comparisons; maybe NIU should have a disco demolition night! Comiskey Park was packed that night! Just a thought.

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN - 09-29-2021 08:11 AM

(09-29-2021 01:35 AM)The Huskie Wrote:  Speaking of the Chicago White Sox comparisons; maybe NIU should have a disco demolition night! Comiskey Park was packed that night! Just a thought.

03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN - 09-29-2021 08:54 AM

(09-29-2021 08:11 AM)HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN Wrote:  
(09-29-2021 01:35 AM)The Huskie Wrote:  Speaking of the Chicago White Sox comparisons; maybe NIU should have a disco demolition night! Comiskey Park was packed that night! Just a thought.

03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

Instead of Disco Records, we can blow up PIG10 accouterment

FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - Dog Fan - 09-29-2021 10:16 AM

(09-27-2021 02:05 PM)calvin12 Wrote:  
(09-24-2021 10:11 AM)epasnoopy Wrote:  
(09-24-2021 10:05 AM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  NIU tickets are damn near close to movie ticket prices. Me and a buddy buy season tickets every year, knowing full well we won't go to most of the games. We just love and support a great program. Albeit a dying one.

You and I are a rare bread though. I do the same and buy two season tickets for East side and I live nowhere close to Illinois. Many friends who would go to every NIU football game when we were students in college won't even take my season tickets to go to the games for free now that they are long out of college. They're busy having families, kids, etc. and seem to have long lost their interest in NIU except for maybe vaguely following the program on Facebook or news articles.

I have 4 on the west side and probably wont make a game this year and didn't in 19 either. Might get to 1 or 2 a year for the last 10 years. got to more before that.

I also have four on the West side. Chairbacks plus premium benefits. Looks like I’ll only be able to get to one game this year (if the weather is decent). That will turn out to be one hell of an expensive game for me! But as everyone has said, I view it as a donation to the program.

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - NIUSAE - 09-29-2021 11:18 AM

"The Huskie Wrote:
Speaking of the Chicago White Sox comparisons; maybe NIU should have a disco demolition night! Comiskey Park was packed that night! Just a thought."

I was there. Crazy. Got the last beer served!

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - chihuskie - 09-29-2021 11:27 AM

We seriously can't even plant a news story about the Huskies. STF's marketing department is doing a great job! Google NIU Football and all you get is NIU web page article, or articles about PREVIOUS games and most of those from the opposing side's view point. We get ZERO press. Wonder why no one is particularly interested in going to a game.

Sorry to be negative--- but a fricking 5 year extension with a raise??? Give me a ******* break!

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - Dog Fan - 09-29-2021 12:05 PM

(09-29-2021 11:27 AM)chihuskie Wrote:  We seriously can't even plant a news story about the Huskies. STF's marketing department is doing a great job! Google NIU Football and all you get is NIU web page article, or articles about PREVIOUS games and most of those from the opposing side's view point. We get ZERO press. Wonder why no one is particularly interested in going to a game.

Sorry to be negative--- but a fricking 5 year extension with a raise??? Give me a ******* break!

True. NIU football (and all sports in general) is a non-issue. The newspaper articles after our games are a blip from AP - even for home games. NIU football basically exists for the 10K - 11K diehards and no one else. There is nothing to attract a casual fan to the games. Publicity is non-existent or deplorable. Athletics throws a blurb or two on social media and that is supposed to attract new fans? If I lived in Chicago or suburbs and had a passing interest in NIU and would maybe consider attending a game, how would I know if or where there is a game unless I actively searched the Huskies web site? Not everyone is on social media, and you can forget the older fans being on social media. Personally, I am very active on my computer but I am on no social media because I have zero interest in it. So, how is Athletics marketing to old farts like me? Because I am a registered fan and donor with season tickets, I get periodic e-mails. What about the others? How is the casual fan in Naperville being marketed to?? Is there more marketing out there that I just don't know about?

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - randyfensfanclub1 - 09-29-2021 12:13 PM

(09-29-2021 12:05 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(09-29-2021 11:27 AM)chihuskie Wrote:  We seriously can't even plant a news story about the Huskies. STF's marketing department is doing a great job! Google NIU Football and all you get is NIU web page article, or articles about PREVIOUS games and most of those from the opposing side's view point. We get ZERO press. Wonder why no one is particularly interested in going to a game.

True. NIU football (and all sports in general) is a non-issue. The newspaper articles after our games are a blip from AP - even for home games. NIU football basically exists for the 10K - 11K diehards and no one else. There is nothing to attract a casual fan to the games. Publicity is non-existent or deplorable. Athletics throws a blurb or two on social media and that is supposed to attract new fans? If I lived in Chicago or suburbs and had a passing interest in NIU and would maybe consider attending a game, how would I know if or where there is a game unless I actively searched the Huskies web site? Not everyone is on social media, and you can forget the older fans being on social media. Personally, I am very active on my computer but I am on no social media because I have zero interest in it. So, how is Athletics marketing to old farts like me? Because I am a registered fan and donor with season tickets, I get periodic e-mails. What about the others? How is the casual fan in Naperville being marketed to?? Is there more marketing out there that I just don't know about?

I was going to do a post on it after last week's visit, but there is nothing to bring anyone to NIUs campus in general, let alone attend school there. Ghost town and majority of people I saw anywhere in any number on Friday after 3pm or Saturday outside of game were people outside the section 8 housing areas to south and kids on playgrounds near there. No one on campus, around dorms. Was shocked to see Grant South closed, but expected I guess.

Also of note, Lord Stanley's was sold. Saw workers inside, called. Said since they were sold, had to be closed per state for 3-10 days.

First strip to Sullivan's. Pleasantly surprised. Will be back there at least. Had more people than Molly's.

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - NIU1981 - 09-29-2021 12:39 PM

Kudos to you guys who buy season tix without being able to attend many/any games. You are awesome Huskies.

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - Dog Fan - 09-29-2021 12:51 PM

I gave my Wyoming tickets to some friends who attended the game. I spoke with them after the game to find out how they liked it. They said that if I ever have tickets to give away again, please do not contact them. They had a terrible time and we all know the reasons. No pre-game atmosphere and then they unloaded to me about the concessions. They were stuck in the long lines only to find out that a lot of the food had run out. So, we lost a couple more fans who would have maybe attended more games.