CSNbbs
FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER (/thread-929908.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - HuskiePride12 - 01-24-2023 04:57 PM

(01-24-2023 02:05 PM)HuskieJ Wrote:  
(01-24-2023 01:21 PM)Big Red Wrote:  
(01-24-2023 01:14 PM)HuskieJ Wrote:  
(01-24-2023 12:48 PM)chihuskie Wrote:  The problem with Frazier is that from day one he treated NIU like a mini Wisconsin or a mini Alabama. But that was wrong! Comparing NIU athletics to athletics at Wisconsin or Alabama is like comparing apples to elephants. Frazier limited availability of season tickets or tickets for "big games" or road game tickets and trips and parking and etc etc etc. That all should be perks for large donors, he thought.

He turned off the average fan, and showed NO INTEREST in the "casual fan." Students were also an after thought.

So yeah. It's a difficult job. But his failures made it much more so.

Excellent Summary. Add to it University Administrations that have drove
the student population and fans away with its stupidity
(current Administration for its inane policies and past Administrations for graft and destroying DeKalb as a safe place to live and visit) as well and you get the sad situation NIU faces today.

This is almost statewide (all but UofI and ISU). And if I'm not mistaken, didn't all of our neighboring states do away with out of state tuition for Illinois residents? Seems like the state and our schools got caught with their pants down on that one.

Add UIC to the list of winners as well. U of I brought in 6,000 Chinese students to help ease their issues, ISU and UIC just out-marketed NIU for the remaining decent students that did not go out of state. NIU has been asleep at the switch for 25 years while all the neighboring states took out provisions for out of state so that their tuition was even lower than NIU. NIU missed a chance decades ago to offset the student population decline and now many of NIU's once proud programs are a shell of what they were. Added to the depressing news is an incoming class has a good fake GPA, but reads at a 8/9 grade level with little to no math or science skills.

(01-24-2023 03:48 PM)niu1980 Wrote:  
(01-24-2023 12:48 PM)chihuskie Wrote:  The problem with Frazier is that from day one he treated NIU like a mini Wisconsin or a mini Alabama. But that was wrong! Comparing NIU athletics to athletics at Wisconsin or Alabama is like comparing apples to elephants. Frazier limited availability of season tickets or tickets for "big games" or road game tickets and trips and parking and etc etc etc. That all should be perks for large donors, he thought.

He turned off the average fan, and showed NO INTEREST in the "casual fan." Students were also an after thought.

(current Administration for its inane policies and past Administrations for graft and destroying DeKalb as a safe place to live and visit) as well and you get the sad situation NIU faces today.

This is almost statewide (all but UofI and ISU). And if I'm not mistaken, didn't all of our neighboring states do away with out of state tuition for Illinois residents? Seems like the state and our schools got caught with their pants down on that one.

Add UIC to the list of winners as well. U of I brought in 6,000 Chinese students to help ease their issues, ISU and UIC just out-marketed NIU for the remaining decent students that did not go out of state. NIU has been asleep at the switch for 25 years while all the neighboring states took out provisions for out of state so that their tuition was even lower than NIU. NIU missed a chance decades ago to offset the student population decline and now many of NIU's once proud programs are a shell of what they were. Added to the depressing news is an incoming class has a good fake GPA, but reads at a 8/9 grade level with little to no math or science skills.

So what is your source that our once proud programs are a shell of what they were? Where did you get the facts to back up your claim of fake GPAs?

Well I believe that most districts were not failing any students during the 2 years of remote/covid. It was a joke of what they were "learning" during that time.

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - HawaiiToNIU - 01-24-2023 05:55 PM

(01-24-2023 04:57 PM)HuskiePride12 Wrote:  

(01-24-2023 01:14 PM)HuskieJ Wrote:  Excellent Summary. Add to it University Administrations that have drove

So what is your source that our once proud programs are a shell of what they were? Where did you get the facts to back up your claim of fake GPAs?

Well I believe that most districts were not failing any students during the 2 years of remote/covid. It was a joke of what they were "learning" during that time.

https://newsroom.niu.edu/niu-removes-use-of-standardized-test-scores-for-2021-applicants/

https://www.chicagocontrarian.com/blog/chicago-educational-standards-failing-students-comparative-testing

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - niu1980 - 01-24-2023 11:35 PM

(01-24-2023 05:55 PM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  
(01-24-2023 01:14 PM)HuskieJ Wrote:  Excellent Summary. Add to it University Administrations that have drove

(01-24-2023 01:21 PM)Big Red Wrote:  This is almost statewide (all but UofI and ISU). And if I'm not mistaken, didn't all of our neighboring states do away with out of state tuition for Illinois residents? Seems like the state and our schools got caught with their pants down on that one.

https://newsroom.niu.edu/niu-removes-use-of-standardized-test-scores-for-2021-applicants/

https://www.chicagocontrarian.com/blog/chicago-educational-standards-failing-students-comparative-testing

As of December 2022 96% of universities and colleges have eliminated standardized test scores as part of admissions so that proves NIU’s once great programs are now a shell of what they were? So when was the last time you have spent anytime with current NIU students or educators? I volunteer my time in several areas of the university to help keep it great and to help evaluate it’s results. Unfortunately message boards are often used to attempt to tear down things and spread baseless claims. I don’t get it, especially if you are an alum. It’s disgraceful.

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - HuskieJ - 01-25-2023 08:06 AM

(01-24-2023 11:35 PM)niu1980 Wrote:  
(01-24-2023 01:21 PM)Big Red Wrote:  This is almost statewide (all but UofI and ISU). And if I'm not mistaken, didn't all of our neighboring states do away with out of state tuition for Illinois residents? Seems like the state and our schools got caught with their pants down on that one.

(01-24-2023 02:05 PM)HuskieJ Wrote:  Add UIC to the list of winners as well. U of I brought in 6,000 Chinese students to help ease their issues, ISU and UIC just out-marketed NIU for the remaining decent students that did not go out of state. NIU has been asleep at the switch for 25 years while all the neighboring states took out provisions for out of state so that their tuition was even lower than NIU. NIU missed a chance decades ago to offset the student population decline and now many of NIU's once proud programs are a shell of what they were. Added to the depressing news is an incoming class has a good fake GPA, but reads at a 8/9 grade level with little to no math or science skills.

As of December 2022 96% of universities and colleges have eliminated standardized test scores as part of admissions so that proves NIU’s once great programs are now a shell of what they were? So when was the last time you have spent anytime with current NIU students or educators? I volunteer my time in several areas of the university to help keep it great and to help evaluate it’s results. Unfortunately message boards are often used to attempt to tear down things and spread baseless claims. I don’t get it, especially if you are an alum. It’s disgraceful.

Baseless?????? Take a deep dive into the Reading, Science, and Math achievement of the schools NIU now gets the majority of its students from the last few years, and don't take the lazy "Covid did this" path. It has been going on for a long time. Since the nonsensical move to eliminate the standardized test guard rails, the quality of incoming students comes down to the High School you graduated from to a very high degree now. NIU is getting very few of them to enroll now. Business school ranking has plummeted, CPA program is not what it was, Nursing ranking way down, Engineering used to be highly ranked for schools that do not offer PHDs, etc. National ranking overall got above 125 now it is 300s. You have no basis to say NIU is anywhere near the school is was 25 years ago. You can expand to how the entire city of DeKalb has changed as well from a safe semi-college town to what it is today as well. Some people are being delusional about the situation and not accepting reality compared to others that can actually make a critical assessment on what is going on in DeKalb. Burry your head if you want, but NIU is not the school it used to be. It is now a 3rd tier public school about the same as EIU, WIU, and SIU.
I cherished the time that I spent at NIU and that is why I am just heartbroken by what it has become. NIU has been torn down by poor leadership that has lead to the catastrophic situation not my meaningless post that 100 people have read.

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - HawaiiToNIU - 01-25-2023 08:42 AM

(01-24-2023 02:05 PM)HuskieJ Wrote:  Add UIC to the list of winners as well. U of I brought in 6,000 Chinese students to help ease their issues, ISU and UIC just out-marketed NIU for the remaining decent students that did not go out of state. NIU has been asleep at the switch for 25 years while all the neighboring states took out provisions for out of state so that their tuition was even lower than NIU. NIU missed a chance decades ago to offset the student population decline and now many of NIU's once proud programs are a shell of what they were. Added to the depressing news is an incoming class has a good fake GPA, but reads at a 8/9 grade level with little to no math or science skills.

All the time. They frequently invite me on campus and even wrote an article about me.

Chance, the ethics board, the COB, football events and card writing. I'm also a 1st gen minority? Am I qualified to have an opinion?

I had my blinders on for years, because NIU is very near and dear to my heart. I got my bachelor's there and was even a part of the first Chicago based MBA program. Personally I credit a lot of my success to the university and can only wish the same for anyone who passes through those halls.

However there have been significant challenges, and I'm allowed to critique some of the decisions of the current administration. With that being said, I like Sean, I love Dr Freeman. But I hold NIU in the highest regards and can only wish the best for it moving forward. My opinion may vary with theirs, but we can't declare either to be perfect. That's the beauty of opinions.

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - HawaiiToNIU - 01-25-2023 10:31 AM

(01-25-2023 08:42 AM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  

(01-24-2023 03:48 PM)niu1980 Wrote:  So what is your source that our once proud programs are a shell of what they were? Where did you get the facts to back up your claim of fake GPAs?

All the time. They frequently invite me on campus and even wrote an article about me.

Chance, the ethics board, the COB, football events and card writing. I'm also a 1st gen minority? Am I qualified to have an opinion?

I had my blinders on for years, because NIU is very near and dear to my heart. I got my bachelor's there and was even a part of the first Chicago based MBA program. Personally I credit a lot of my success to the university and can only wish the same for anyone who passes through those halls.

However there have been significant challenges, and I'm allowed to critique some of the decisions of the current administration. With that being said, I like Sean, I love Dr Freeman. But I hold NIU in the highest regards and can only wish the best for it moving forward. My opinion may vary with theirs, but we can't declare either to be perfect. That's the beauty of opinions.

To add on to this, perception is everything. Despite how you and I think of the university, people outside of the university and diehards like the few in here seem to think otherwise.

Looking at the key metrics of success that are constantly voiced over in here: attendance is down, football games unattended, key staples are closing, and there are still many buildings untouched from the Kennedy Administration. Hate to say it, but that crazy ISU guy is right.

This doesn't mean that NIU isn't trying. We've seen a bunch of new projects develop over the last decade. However, attendance is still down. We need to keep pushing for more, so people's perceptions change and kids keep thinking about NIU as a spot to grow, as well as alumni thinking NIU is a wise investment.

A lot of work has been done, but much more is to be completed. Now with all that being said, we shouldn't turn away the opinions of others within the NIU community because we feel like they are less involved than us. Their opinions matter too, because their dollars matter.

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - pvk75 - 01-25-2023 11:57 AM

(01-24-2023 11:35 PM)niu1980 Wrote:  As of December 2022 96% of universities and colleges have eliminated standardized test scores as part of admissions so that proves NIU’s once great programs are now a shell of what they were? So when was the last time you have spent anytime with current NIU students or educators? I volunteer my time in several areas of the university to help keep it great and to help evaluate it’s results. Unfortunately message boards are often used to attempt to tear down things and spread baseless claims. I don’t get it, especially if you are an alum. It’s disgraceful.

I admire your volunteer work and willingness to post your activites at NIU, but I contest the tear-it-down mentality you seem to think is dominant here. (For myself, I have been a college football fan since the mid-1960s and an NIU fan and supporter since the early 1970s).

NIU has a history of major screwups and reluctance (or downright ignoring requests) to disclose what's going on so it's alumni/donors/fans can make informed choices on what to do with *their* money. It's an internalist "attitude" (I know quite a bit about the history there, directly and indirectly, but I'll dispense with that; you're welcome).

"Volunteerism" became channeled into allowing in only those people who toed the line the internalists set. Dissent and even just plain open and innocent suggestions were ignored or buried. Those trends continue, university-wide

Returning to athletics, I have posted this for years: 10,000 fans each donating $100 is the same $1 million as 1,000 fans each donating $1,000, but the 10,000 can fill more seats (obviously). The point questions why the A.Dept. has made no serious, continuous efforts to engage and keep engaged the large pool of fans who are not big donors.

STF has claimed there are 160,000 in the Chicago area alone; see 2020 attempt to move BYU@NIU to SeatGeek Stadium in Bridgeview prior to forced-by-Covid cancellation. Allegedly there was a plan/consultant/survey targeting those fans; no updates on results.

Now add STF's big Wisconin/Alabama-sized master plan for Huskie athletic facilities (circa 2014-15). What happened? Some examples:
--- Huskie Stadium rebuild efforts have now boiled down to selling *exclusive* fancy rings to raise money for a premium seating area in the north end zone/Yordan Center. (With no updates since about how that's going; it's in "planning.")
--- A plan for a new baseball stadium northeast of the Convo is now an as-we-get-the-money rebuild of the current stadium, which eliminated the land planned for a new Olympic Village and tennis center on the current baseball site. Also, the cost of the baseball rebuild has grown by over $150,000 because an underground drainage system in the original plans could not be found to actually exist in the ground. Also (typical) no updates on the rebuild.
--- The above change in the master plan forced the conversion of Evans Fieldhouse into a tennis center to eliminate having to commute to Rockford for bad-weather, indoor tennis matches. I believe STF tapped the same Nelson family who helped finance the big-donor skybox in the Convo for the conversion, since he named it after them, same as the Nelson Club skybox. There was apparently no plan where to move recreation and other student users of the Fieldhouse; latest is an Athletic Board note that this -- like everything else -- is in planning. (Also, STF did this after his title added director of recreation).
--- Nobody, except on this board, has mentioned the plan to build a soccer/track&field grandstand on the west side of that field, not even after men's soccer got to the second round of the NCAA tournament (Nov. 2022). Just like almost zilch was done to promote improvements to Huskie Stadium after NIU went to the Orange Bowl in January 2013 (setting a precedent?). And we know what happened to the big 2014-15 plan. We're still waiting for those new restrooms, but ... the stadium turf is looking like a replacement is needed soon. (However, nearly $300,000 was spent to do some repairs on the stadium; but ... no details provided and no big announcement on improvements made).

This is a shortened list, but understand why there might be a little skepticism around here? We care and we pay attention, but we're not the AD or the NIU president and we get squat for updates.

But hey! We get an almost-quarterly STF "Frazier's Corner" rah-rah commentary, full of excerpts from already-posted press releases on the official website.

Lucky us.

(Apologies for length.)

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - HawaiiToNIU - 01-25-2023 12:51 PM

(01-25-2023 11:57 AM)pvk75 Wrote:  
(01-24-2023 11:35 PM)niu1980 Wrote:  As of December 2022 96% of universities and colleges have eliminated standardized test scores as part of admissions so that proves NIU’s once great programs are now a shell of what they were? So when was the last time you have spent anytime with current NIU students or educators? I volunteer my time in several areas of the university to help keep it great and to help evaluate it’s results. Unfortunately message boards are often used to attempt to tear down things and spread baseless claims. I don’t get it, especially if you are an alum. It’s disgraceful.

I admire your volunteer work and willingness to post your activites at NIU, but I contest the tear-it-down mentality you seem to think is dominant here. (For myself, I have been a college football fan since the mid-1960s and an NIU fan and supporter since the early 1970s).

NIU has a history of major screwups and reluctance (or downright ignoring requests) to disclose what's going on so it's alumni/donors/fans can make informed choices on what to do with *their* money. It's an internalist "attitude" (I know quite a bit about the history there, directly and indirectly, but I'll dispense with that; you're welcome).

"Volunteerism" became channeled into allowing in only those people who toed the line the internalists set. Dissent and even just plain open and innocent suggestions were ignored or buried. Those trends continue, university-wide

Returning to athletics, I have posted this for years: 10,000 fans each donating $100 is the same $1 million as 1,000 fans each donating $1,000, but the 10,000 can fill more seats (obviously). The point questions why the A.Dept. has made no serious, continuous efforts to engage and keep engaged the large pool of fans who are not big donors.

STF has claimed there are 160,000 in the Chicago area alone; see 2020 attempt to move BYU@NIU to SeatGeek Stadium in Bridgeview prior to forced-by-Covid cancellation. Allegedly there was a plan/consultant/survey targeting those fans; no updates on results.

Now add STF's big Wisconin/Alabama-sized master plan for Huskie athletic facilities (circa 2014-15). What happened? Some examples:
--- Huskie Stadium rebuild efforts have now boiled down to selling *exclusive* fancy rings to raise money for a premium seating area in the north end zone/Yordan Center. (With no updates since about how that's going; it's in "planning.")
--- A plan for a new baseball stadium northeast of the Convo is now an as-we-get-the-money rebuild of the current stadium, which eliminated the land planned for a new Olympic Village and tennis center on the current baseball site. Also, the cost of the baseball rebuild has grown by over $150,000 because an underground drainage system in the original plans could not be found to actually exist in the ground. Also (typical) no updates on the rebuild.
--- The above change in the master plan forced the conversion of Evans Fieldhouse into a tennis center to eliminate having to commute to Rockford for bad-weather, indoor tennis matches. I believe STF tapped the same Nelson family who helped finance the big-donor skybox in the Convo for the conversion, since he named it after them, same as the Nelson Club skybox. There was apparently no plan where to move recreation and other student users of the Fieldhouse; latest is an Athletic Board note that this -- like everything else -- is in planning. (Also, STF did this after his title added director of recreation).
--- Nobody, except on this board, has mentioned the plan to build a soccer/track&field grandstand on the west side of that field, not even after men's soccer got to the second round of the NCAA tournament (Nov. 2022). Just like almost zilch was done to promote improvements to Huskie Stadium after NIU went to the Orange Bowl in January 2013 (setting a precedent?). And we know what happened to the big 2014-15 plan. We're still waiting for those new restrooms, but ... the stadium turf is looking like a replacement is needed soon. (However, nearly $300,000 was spent to do some repairs on the stadium; but ... no details provided and no big announcement on improvements made).

This is a shortened list, but understand why there might be a little skepticism around here? We care and we pay attention, but we're not the AD or the NIU president and we get squat for updates.

But hey! We get an almost-quarterly STF "Frazier's Corner" rah-rah commentary, full of excerpts from already-posted press releases on the official website.

Lucky us.

(Apologies for length.)

Like I said, level of involvement is irrelevant. Anyone who is involved with the university in any capacity matters. Every little dollar counts.

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - epasnoopy - 01-25-2023 05:47 PM

It is frustrating that they refuse to publicly announce facility campaign fundraising plans.

You can't say you don’t have money to upgrade facilities when you never actually try to fundraise besides going behind scenes to a few big donors to hit them up for money.

It seems like the annual Huskies Invest is the only public fundraising event they want to do and it's just easier to complain about lack of money for facilities than to actually do the job of fundraising from more than just the big donors.

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - randyfensfanclub1 - 01-25-2023 06:36 PM

(01-25-2023 12:51 PM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  

Lucky us.

(Apologies for length.)

Like I said, level of involvement is irrelevant. Anyone who is involved with the university in any capacity matters. Every little dollar counts.

10k people are not donating $100 to NIU. No way. There isn't that many who care about NIU sports. And honestly, the cost to attempt isn't even there.

NIU used to have $100+ donors for a couple years when STF started for Spring game receptions. Was all inclusive 1st yr, pay for booze 2nd year I went. I know they they increased to $300 All fine, got to hear Rod say "I don't know (what we have at any position)" dozens of times. But reality is there were maybe 200-250 tops I am guessing.

I sent plenty of stuff to get people to donate after OB Probably about 8-10 grads.Guys into the bowl, heisman. From a friend who travels to games with me every year (who will read this) to guys who make well into 6 figures, one a millionaire. Nothing. No one.

And after 2014 , I bet 8 of them could not even name a guy who played.

IMHO, I think the sale has to be DeKalb Sycamore for the new upper middle class+ and business for money and middle class family for tickets.

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - HawaiiToNIU - 01-25-2023 07:22 PM

(01-25-2023 06:36 PM)randyfensfanclub1 Wrote:  
(01-25-2023 12:51 PM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  

Lucky us.

(Apologies for length.)

10k people are not donating $100 to NIU. No way. There isn't that many who care about NIU sports. And honestly, the cost to attempt isn't even there.

NIU used to have $100+ donors for a couple years when STF started for Spring game receptions. Was all inclusive 1st yr, pay for booze 2nd year I went. I know they they increased to $300 All fine, got to hear Rod say "I don't know (what we have at any position)" dozens of times. But reality is there were maybe 200-250 tops I am guessing.

I sent plenty of stuff to get people to donate after OB Probably about 8-10 grads.Guys into the bowl, heisman. From a friend who travels to games with me every year (who will read this) to guys who make well into 6 figures, one a millionaire. Nothing. No one.

And after 2014 , I bet 8 of them could not even name a guy who played.

IMHO, I think the sale has to be DeKalb Sycamore for the new upper middle class+ and business for money and middle class family for tickets.

I used to work for the NIU Annual Fund in the basement of Grant. There were probably more than 10K people donating $100 each. Not including Employer matching donations.

But that was back in 2006-2011.

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - NIUfilmmaker - 08-24-2023 10:06 AM

Due to Sean Frazier's losing the IHSA football championships (link below), his continued lackluster-at-best performance, and uninspired dud of a 2023-2026 Strategic Plan, I thought it sensible to bring this thread back.

I wish him all the best in future endeavors, but pray he is gone ASAP and replaced with someone more capable and effective.

...With our luck we'll have a solid football season, which could act as an very undeserved pressure release for the AD.

https://www.shawlocal.com/daily-chronicle/news/local/2022/12/09/dekalb-tourism-bureau-disappointed-after-niu-loses-host-bid-for-state-ihsa-football-conference/

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - NIUfilmmaker - 09-10-2023 08:03 AM

6 straight home football losses, embarrassing home loss to an in-state FCS, and several years in a row of lack-luster AD performance and mistakes (losing the high school championship, zero performance on proposed major projects etc.)

Many many schools would have fired Sean T Frazier lose 12-36 months ago. I hope NIU thanks him for his time ASAP and moves on. Can't afford not to.

FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - Dog Fan - 09-10-2023 08:26 AM

(09-10-2023 08:03 AM)NIUfilmmaker Wrote:  6 straight home football losses, embarrassing home loss to an in-state FCS, and several years in a row of lack-luster AD performance and mistakes (losing the high school championship, zero performance on proposed major projects etc.)

Many many schools would have fired Sean T Frazier lose 12-36 months ago. I hope NIU thanks him for his time ASAP and moves on. Can't afford not to.

He will be here until he leaves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - JoeNovak - 09-10-2023 08:31 AM

(09-10-2023 08:03 AM)NIUfilmmaker Wrote:  6 straight home football losses, embarrassing home loss to an in-state FCS, and several years in a row of lack-luster AD performance and mistakes (losing the high school championship, zero performance on proposed major projects etc.)

But he wins all the diversity awards!!!!!

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - NIU007 - 09-10-2023 08:31 AM

Seems like they have gone out of their way to destroy the game day atmosphere. They have no clue how to run a game day.

FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - Dog Fan - 09-10-2023 08:39 AM

(09-10-2023 08:31 AM)NIU007 Wrote:  Seems like they have gone out of their way to destroy the game day atmosphere. They have no clue how to run a game day.

Yep, even the Huskie clothing concessions were bad. I went by the tent in the usual location looking to buy a couple things. There was virtually nothing there -almost completely bare.

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - HawaiiToNIU - 09-10-2023 09:00 AM

(09-10-2023 08:39 AM)Dog Fan Wrote:  
(09-10-2023 08:31 AM)NIU007 Wrote:  Seems like they have gone out of their way to destroy the game day atmosphere. They have no clue how to run a game day.

Yep, even the Huskie clothing concessions were bad. I went by the tent in the usual location looking to buy a couple things. There was virtually nothing there -almost completely bare.

We pulled into the parking lots near the Convo, and there was no one directing traffic. Me and several other cars were driving around lots that were already full. We ended up driving through the gates behind the Convo where the loading docks were and parking near the school buses.

In the stadium, there were no ushers, except for the lower rows. You literally could sit wherever. If a disaster were ever to breakout, this is a recipe for something grim. Luckily attendance will drop off severely after this one. Even high schools are more prepared than us.

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - Schaefer Beer - 09-10-2023 09:31 AM

(09-10-2023 09:00 AM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  

We pulled into the parking lots near the Convo, and there was no one directing traffic. Me and several other cars were driving around lots that were already full. We ended up driving through the gates behind the Convo where the loading docks were and parking near the school buses.

In the stadium, there were no ushers, except for the lower rows. You literally could sit wherever. If a disaster were ever to breakout, this is a recipe for something grim. Luckily attendance will drop off severely after this one. Even high schools are more prepared than us.

But at least the Sweet Butts Cotton Candy Truck was there.

On a serious note, who does run Huskie Stadium? There has to be a director of operation or manager of the Stadium. I can see this person reporting to the AD, but I can also see them reporting to the Facilities Manager of the campus and the AD has no control of the stadium. Either way, that person has to go. They ran out of food and water right away on a hot day last year on opening day and this year they were understaffed. What is next years blunder, that there is an odor coming from the men's room?

RE: FIRE SEAN T. FRAZIER - HawaiiToNIU - 09-10-2023 10:28 AM

(09-10-2023 09:31 AM)Schaefer Beer Wrote:  
(09-10-2023 09:00 AM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  

But at least the Sweet Butts Cotton Candy Truck was there.

On a serious note, who does run Huskie Stadium? There has to be a director of operation or manager of the Stadium. I can see this person reporting to the AD, but I can also see them reporting to the Facilities Manager of the campus and the AD has no control of the stadium. Either way, that person has to go. They ran out of food and water right away on a hot day last year on opening day and this year they were understaffed. What is next years blunder, that there is an odor coming from the men's room?

Oh, you're talking about Kyle. He's out back.