CSNbbs
Protective Life Corp. rebrands amid rapid growth - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Protective Life Corp. rebrands amid rapid growth (/thread-928866.html)

Protective Life Corp. rebrands amid rapid growth - WesternBlazer - 09-08-2021 08:55 AM

https://www.bizjournals.com/birmingham/news/2021/09/08/protective-life-corp-changes-branding.html?utm_source=st&utm_medium=en&utm_campaign=me&utm_content=bb&ana=e_bb_me&j=24982611&senddate=2021-09-08

One of the most well-known companies in metro Birmingham will soon have a new logo on its building and on one of the new crown jewels of the Magic City's sports scene.

Protective Life Corp., a wholly owned subsidiary of Dai-ichi Life Holdings Inc. and one of Birmingham’s largest employers is rebranding.

Over the next year, the company will introduce an updated visual identity on each of its core site offices in Birmingham, Cincinnati and St. Louis, and on Protective Stadium in downtown Birmingham.

Signage at the company’s Birmingham headquarters off U.S. 280 will be replace Wednesday, and the company will hold a sign lighting next week at Protective Stadium, which will open this year.

Protective partnered with global creative consultancy Lippincott to reimagine its identity. The company’s new logo features its name in purple lettering along with two entwined figures, representing the company’s commitment to being by each customer’s side. The company’s previous logo featured a blue arch above its name.

The company said its new brand exemplifies its 114-year commitment of putting people first, delivering on promises and striving to do more for its customers, business partners, employees and communities.

Protective President and CEO Rich Bielen said the Protective brand “needed to evolve to capitalize on our strengths, amplify who we are today and inspire our future.”

“Our branding positions us as protectors and reflects our unwavering commitment to stand by your side,” Bielen said.

The company said its rapid growth and evolution presented the need to craft a brand that would further accelerate momentum.

Protective has experienced 41% customer growth and 48% revenue increase in the past three years. The company was able to grow amid a global pandemic by accelerating its virtual workforce plans, driving technology adoption and processing increased claims during a critical time.

“Protective’s new brand will drive further growth by helping us better connect with employees, customers, partners and the community through a people-centric lens,” Bielen said. “Protective has embraced change and thrived through many challenges during its history. Over the past year, we have demonstrated our protective spirit through adaptability, resilience and ingenuity, and we have come together like never before. We knew this was the right time to build on our strengths in a way that would accelerate our momentum for the next 100 years and ultimately empower more people to become protectors.”

RE: Protective Life Corp. rebrands amid rapid growth - hooverblazer - 09-08-2021 09:00 AM

This is why they left space between Protective and Stadium - room to put up the company's new logo, but they weren't ready to unveil it yet.

RE: Protective Life Corp. rebrands amid rapid growth - BlazerFromMD - 09-08-2021 09:37 AM

It probably also explains why the construction cam has been frozen since Sept. 3.

RE: Protective Life Corp. rebrands amid rapid growth - WesternBlazer - 09-08-2021 09:49 AM

(09-08-2021 09:00 AM)hooverblazer Wrote:  This is why they left space between Protective and Stadium - room to put up the company's new logo, but they weren't ready to unveil it yet.

My thought exactly. I was wondering why there was such a large space...

RE: Protective Life Corp. rebrands amid rapid growth - BlazerFromMD - 09-08-2021 10:02 AM

Has someone driven by there in the last few days and seen if they're working behind a curtain?

RE: Protective Life Corp. rebrands amid rapid growth - BlazintheAtl1 - 09-08-2021 10:08 AM

(09-08-2021 10:02 AM)BlazerFromMD Wrote:  Has someone driven by there in the last few days and seen if they're working behind a curtain?

I walked around it last Sat afternoon. I saw one guy doing a bit of work there on the concrete area outside of the club seats, but nothing else.

RE: Protective Life Corp. rebrands amid rapid growth - C-Finder - 09-08-2021 02:16 PM

https://www.al.com/business/2021/09/protective-life-unveils-new-logo-will-be-featured-on-stadium.html

RE: Protective Life Corp. rebrands amid rapid growth - Plaid Blazer - 09-08-2021 03:02 PM

(09-08-2021 02:16 PM)C-Finder Wrote:  https://www.al.com/business/2021/09/protective-life-unveils-new-logo-will-be-featured-on-stadium.html
Karen says the new logo looks like inappropriate touching.

RE: Protective Life Corp. rebrands amid rapid growth - BlazrDawg - 09-08-2021 03:19 PM

(09-08-2021 02:16 PM)C-Finder Wrote:  https://www.al.com/business/2021/09/protective-life-unveils-new-logo-will-be-featured-on-stadium.html

ARGHH! not a fan of that thing.

RE: Protective Life Corp. rebrands amid rapid growth - BlazerGreen - 09-08-2021 03:29 PM

(09-08-2021 03:02 PM)Plaid Blazer Wrote:  
Karen says the new logo looks like inappropriate touching.

LOL. What the hell!?!

Handjob Stadium.

RE: Protective Life Corp. rebrands amid rapid growth - BlazerMatt - 09-08-2021 03:57 PM

I can imagine the court cases now... "Show me on the doll where the stadium touched you."

RE: Protective Life Corp. rebrands amid rapid growth - rook360 - 09-08-2021 04:21 PM

not a big fan of the new logo

RE: Protective Life Corp. rebrands amid rapid growth - HiddenDragon - 09-08-2021 08:54 PM

Should have stuck with the condom logo.

RE: Protective Life Corp. rebrands amid rapid growth - C-Finder - 09-08-2021 09:25 PM

(09-08-2021 08:54 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  Should have stuck with the condom logo.

03-lmfao but yes

RE: Protective Life Corp. rebrands amid rapid growth - JSUBlazer - 09-09-2021 04:11 AM

Reacharound Stadium. ?

RE: Protective Life Corp. rebrands amid rapid growth - BlazerGreen - 09-09-2021 07:21 AM

(09-08-2021 08:54 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  Should have stuck with the condom logo.

Yeah, busting out laughing (what I did) probably not the first response they're looking for.

RE: Protective Life Corp. rebrands amid rapid growth - bftb - 09-09-2021 09:17 AM

Appears to be like a Rorshach test for this group.05-nono

RE: Protective Life Corp. rebrands amid rapid growth - HiddenDragon - 09-09-2021 09:23 AM

(09-09-2021 04:11 AM)JSUBlazer Wrote:  Reacharound Stadium. ?

That's a good one... lol

RE: Protective Life Corp. rebrands amid rapid growth - blazr - 09-13-2021 05:04 AM

Unfortunately, I have to admit that a reacharound was my immediate "oops" impression. Unfortunate because that means if we all see it, we're never going to hear the end of it from our opponents' fans.