CSNbbs
We need to approach the ACC ... Forget the Big 12 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: We need to approach the ACC ... Forget the Big 12 (/thread-928443.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

We need to approach the ACC ... Forget the Big 12 - DDrum1961 - 09-03-2021 06:16 PM

Sell them on another footprint in SEC country .... Reach out to ACC people who "should" support our application ...

Fuente - Va Tech
Norvell - Fla St.
Pastner - Ga Tech

Have Larry Brown / Rasheed Wallace use any N. Carolina connections ...

etc. etc.

Time for us to go on the offensive ...

RE: We need to approach the ACC ... Forget the Big 12 - BIGDTiger - 09-03-2021 06:23 PM

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9527453a10d655ffb9222...p;amp;ct=g]

RE: We need to approach the ACC ... Forget the Big 12 - Wilbur - 09-03-2021 06:27 PM

I dont think them coach fellers got much say so but I dont know

RE: We need to approach the ACC ... Forget the Big 12 - grapes - 09-03-2021 06:44 PM

The ACC isn't an option, realistically this is it.

#1 The ACC wants Notre Dame as a full time member, *if* they agree join one day then I assume the ACC will add another with them. My best guess would be WVU from the Big 12. *If* the Big 12 then wants to replace them we could possibly be that team, or be left again and they pick Boise/SMU/MWC.

#2 The Big 10 has FOMO and adds teams from the Big 12. My best guess would be Kansas and Iowa State. *If* the Big 12 then wants to replace them we could possibly be a team, or be left again and they pick Boise/SMU/MWC.

#3 The Big 12 losses OU and UT and drops from 14 down to 12. They decide they want a 14 team conference (something I feel like they should consider when looking at other P5's) and then here we go again with *if* the Big 12 then wants to add we could be a team or be left again and they pick Boise/SMU/MWC.

#4 We're stuck in the AAC and do our best to run the conference.

RE: We need to approach the ACC ... Forget the Big 12 - 72Tiger - 09-03-2021 06:59 PM

No chance at ACC. It was Big 12 or bust. We got bust.

RE: We need to approach the ACC ... Forget the Big 12 - Alanda - 09-03-2021 07:15 PM

(09-03-2021 06:16 PM)DDrum1961 Wrote:  Sell them on another footprint in SEC country .... Reach out to ACC people who "should" support our application ...

Fuente - Va Tech
Norvell - Fla St.
Pastner - Ga Tech

etc. etc.

Welcome to the bandwagon.

(09-03-2021 06:44 PM)grapes Wrote:  The ACC isn't an option, realistically this is it.

#1 The ACC wants Notre Dame as a full time member, *if* they agree join one day then I assume the ACC will add another with them. My best guess would be WVU from the Big 12. *If* the Big 12 then wants to replace them we could possibly be that team, or be left again and they pick Boise/SMU/MWC.

#2 The Big 10 has FOMO and adds teams from the Big 12. My best guess would be Kansas and Iowa State. *If* the Big 12 then wants to replace them we could possibly be a team, or be left again and they pick Boise/SMU/MWC.

#3 The Big 12 losses OU and UT and drops from 14 down to 12. They decide they want a 14 team conference (something I feel like they should consider when looking at other P5's) and then here we go again with *if* the Big 12 then wants to add we could be a team or be left again and they pick Boise/SMU/MWC.

I agree with your points, but they seem more centered around Big 12 than ACC.

RE: We need to approach the ACC ... Forget the Big 12 - gotigers1 - 09-03-2021 07:18 PM

The ACC wouldn't even take that call

RE: We need to approach the ACC ... Forget the Big 12 - memtigbb - 09-03-2021 07:19 PM

Dont think for a second that we have not been in touch with the ACC. While it is a very low chance, it is something to investigate. We are making all the right investments in the university. It might take many more years to get to the level they would accept us, but continuing to build is something we should be doing anyway.

RE: We need to approach the ACC ... Forget the Big 12 - TigerSeth - 09-03-2021 08:21 PM

Smh

RE: We need to approach the ACC ... Forget the Big 12 - TigerSeth - 09-03-2021 08:21 PM

Lawd Jesus...where do they come from?

RE: We need to approach the ACC ... Forget the Big 12 - Alanda - 09-03-2021 08:27 PM

(09-03-2021 07:19 PM)memtigbb Wrote:  Dont think for a second that we have not been in touch with the ACC. While it is a very low chance, it is something to investigate. We are making all the right investments in the university. It might take many more years to get to the level they would accept us, but continuing to build is something we should be doing anyway.

I agree with all of this. Just have to keep focusing on improving where we need to improve and stay consistent where we need to stay consistent.

(09-03-2021 08:21 PM)TigerSeth Wrote:  Lawd Jesus...where do they come from?

We are one. We are...

[Image: 800px-Logo_Skippy.svg.png]

RE: We need to approach the ACC ... Forget the Big 12 - grapes - 09-03-2021 09:05 PM

(09-03-2021 07:15 PM)Alanda Wrote:  
(09-03-2021 06:16 PM)DDrum1961 Wrote:  Sell them on another footprint in SEC country .... Reach out to ACC people who "should" support our application ...

Fuente - Va Tech
Norvell - Fla St.
Pastner - Ga Tech

etc. etc.

Welcome to the bandwagon.

(09-03-2021 06:44 PM)grapes Wrote:  The ACC isn't an option, realistically this is it.

I agree with your points, but they seem more centered around Big 12 than ACC.

Because we have no chance at the ACC. The only other conference the Memphis Tigers can be in besides the one we are now is the Big 12.

RE: We need to approach the ACC ... Forget the Big 12 - Alanda - 09-03-2021 11:00 PM

(09-03-2021 09:05 PM)grapes Wrote:  Because we have no chance at the ACC. The only other conference the Memphis Tigers can be in besides the one we are now is the Big 12.

[Image: anything-is-possible-if-you-just-believe.gif]

RE: We need to approach the ACC ... Forget the Big 12 - DallasTiger - 09-03-2021 11:08 PM

Geez. Lots of GLOOM AND DOME from posters who really have no sources for their comments. Just WILD AZZ OPINIONS. I have a really unique idea....if you actually know something and have a source..post the source. If you have no idea what the ACC will do...just let us know you are totally clueless in your post.

RE: We need to approach the ACC ... Forget the Big 12 - grapes - 09-03-2021 11:38 PM

(09-03-2021 11:08 PM)DallasTiger Wrote:  Geez. Lots of GLOOM AND DOME from posters who really have no sources for their comments. Just WILD AZZ OPINIONS. I have a really unique idea....if you actually know something and have a source..post the source. If you have no idea what the ACC will do...just let us know you are totally clueless in your post.

If you follow college sports and understand the structure of it you would understand.
The ACC isn't going to add Memphis when it has other options ahead of us.

Why skip over teams that are better and add someone from a G5 conference?
It's just obvious, sorry.

RE: We need to approach the ACC ... Forget the Big 12 - TigerSeth - 09-03-2021 11:40 PM

(09-03-2021 11:08 PM)DallasTiger Wrote:  Geez. Lots of GLOOM AND DOME from posters who really have no sources for their comments. Just WILD AZZ OPINIONS. I have a really unique idea....if you actually know something and have a source..post the source. If you have no idea what the ACC will do...just let us know you are totally clueless in your post.

The rainy day has arrived. Only a lifeboat can save us.

RE: We need to approach the ACC ... Forget the Big 12 - 3rdgenerationtiger - 09-04-2021 12:57 AM

Yep let’s stick with the ones with the sources, Stammers and IKE. They’ve been so informative.

RE: We need to approach the ACC ... Forget the Big 12 - Crazier - 09-04-2021 01:03 AM

Well let's hope Coach Penny brings us a championship

RE: We need to approach the ACC ... Forget the Big 12 - Alanda - 09-04-2021 01:24 AM

(09-03-2021 11:38 PM)grapes Wrote:  

If you follow college sports and understand the structure of it you would understand.

That's why I focus so much on the academics side. This to me is the biggest gap that can be closed if UM keeps working on it.

RE: We need to approach the ACC ... Forget the Big 12 - grapes - 09-04-2021 01:54 AM

(09-04-2021 01:24 AM)Alanda Wrote:  
(09-03-2021 11:38 PM)grapes Wrote:  

That's why I focus so much on the academics side. This to me is the biggest gap that can be closed if UM keeps working on it.

Academics are very important I agree, but if we put a winning football team out each year that draws a large viewing and puts butts in the seats that can be overlooked.