CSNbbs
Open Thread - 2021 Football - Week 1 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: Open Thread - 2021 Football - Week 1 (/thread-928346.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Open Thread - 2021 Football - Week 1 - TerryD - 09-07-2021 06:30 PM

(09-07-2021 06:16 PM)Statefan Wrote:  The lack of respect for FSU is surprising to me. They had ND beat and yet ND stays ranked 9th and FSU is about 28th. That's crap.

Anyone think Coastal Carolina could stay on the field with FSU, or Liberty?

How did FSU have ND beat?

The Irish were up 38-20 with about four minutes left in the third quarter.

FSU tied it up, but never led ND from the second quarter to the end of the game.

ND actually moved up a spot in both polls, it didn't stay at #9.

RE: Open Thread - 2021 Football - Week 1 - Hokie Mark - 09-07-2021 08:15 PM

(09-07-2021 05:02 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  
(09-07-2021 02:57 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(09-07-2021 10:43 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  Week 2 P5 OOC:
Illinois at Virginia
Pitt at Tennessee
Rutgers at Syracuse
NC State at Miss. St.

The only way the ACC gets that nasty taste out of its collective mouth is to go 4-0.

Those are four very favorable matchups, IMO. The two games vs the SEC teams, you have a Mississippi State team that needed a miracle to beat the Lady Techsters, and Tennessee looks bad too.

And games vs Rutgers and Illinois? Those should be locks.

Really, if you wanted to pick four teams from the B1G and SEC for the ACC to rack up some OOC wins against, it would be difficult to cherry-pick four better opponents, IMO.

Hey Mark,

Remember that Greg Schiano is back coaching Rutgers. This is his second year back. He's a very good coach and he averaged over 8 wins a season the last 6 years he was at Rutgers before running off to the NFL. I wouldnt take Rutgers too lightly especially after they scraped up Temple the way they did this past weekend. I still think SU would win but this isnt the same Rutgers that has been losing the last 5 or 6 years.

EDIT: Rutgers is receiving votes in the Coaches Poll this week

I'm with you on that, Cuseroc - Rutgers is probably going to be the favorite and rightly so. That said, the ACC really needs Syracuse to win - and I think the Orange have it in them (if they can just get it to come out during the game!)

RE: Open Thread - 2021 Football - Week 1 - TexanMark - 09-07-2021 09:01 PM

(09-07-2021 08:15 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
Illinois at Virginia
Pitt at Tennessee
Rutgers at Syracuse
NC State at Miss. St.

The only way the ACC gets that nasty taste out of its collective mouth is to go 4-0.

Those are four very favorable matchups, IMO. The two games vs the SEC teams, you have a Mississippi State team that needed a miracle to beat the Lady Techsters, and Tennessee looks bad too.

Really, if you wanted to pick four teams from the B1G and SEC for the ACC to rack up some OOC wins against, it would be difficult to cherry-pick four better opponents, IMO.

Hey Mark,

Remember that Greg Schiano is back coaching Rutgers. This is his second year back. He's a very good coach and he averaged over 8 wins a season the last 6 years he was at Rutgers before running off to the NFL. I wouldnt take Rutgers too lightly especially after they scraped up Temple the way they did this past weekend. I still think SU would win but this isnt the same Rutgers that has been losing the last 5 or 6 years.

I'm with you on that, Cuseroc - Rutgers is probably going to be the favorite and rightly so. That said, the ACC really needs Syracuse to win - and I think the Orange have it in them (if they can just get it to come out during the game!)

If Cuse beats Rutgirls on Saturday a great chance they can go 4-0 in nonconference.
Cuse attendance will be down...kids under 12 need a covid test to enter, everyone to wear masks, non-vaccinated adults need a covid test and vaccinated need to bring their shot record and show an ID. Plus they just went to mobile tickets and concessions are all cashless now. I think this easily knocks 10-15K off the crowd.

I'm guessing 27K. Total bummer.

RE: Open Thread - 2021 Football - Week 1 - Hokie Mark - 09-08-2021 08:38 AM

(09-07-2021 09:01 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  
(09-07-2021 08:15 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
Illinois at Virginia
Pitt at Tennessee
Rutgers at Syracuse
NC State at Miss. St.

Hey Mark,

If Cuse beats Rutgirls on Saturday a great chance they can go 4-0 in nonconference.
Cuse attendance will be down...kids under 12 need a covid test to enter, everyone to wear masks, non-vaccinated adults need a covid test and vaccinated need to bring their shot record and show an ID. Plus they just went to mobile tickets and concessions are all cashless now. I think this easily knocks 10-15K off the crowd.

I'm guessing 27K. Total bummer.

After the move I have no idea where my vaccination card is... it's in ONE of these boxes!!!