CSNbbs
Memphis Grizzlies trade Patrick Beverley to.... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------- Forum: the Grindhouse (/forum-722.html)
+------- Thread: Memphis Grizzlies trade Patrick Beverley to.... (/thread-927131.html)

Memphis Grizzlies trade Patrick Beverley to.... - ByrdDogX - 08-17-2021 10:48 AM

The Memphis Grizzlies are trading Patrick Beverley to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Jarrett Culver and Juancho Hernangomez, sources tell ESPN.

Woj Tweet

RE: Memphis Grizzlies trade Patrick Beverley to.... - mairving - 08-17-2021 11:24 AM

(08-17-2021 10:48 AM)ByrdDogX Wrote:  The Memphis Grizzlies are trading Patrick Beverley to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Jarrett Culver and Juancho Hernangomez, sources tell ESPN.

Woj Tweet

Culver was a lottery pick who averaged 9 points a game but shot under 50% from the free throw line and under 30% from 3. That would be bad for a center but a shooting guard, come on.

Not sure what the end game is in all of this. I think we have 18 guys under contract now not including the two-way contracts.

RE: Memphis Grizzlies trade Patrick Beverley to.... - tiger1016 - 08-17-2021 12:05 PM

(08-17-2021 11:24 AM)mairving Wrote:  
(08-17-2021 10:48 AM)ByrdDogX Wrote:  The Memphis Grizzlies are trading Patrick Beverley to the Minnesota Timberwolves for Jarrett Culver and Juancho Hernangomez, sources tell ESPN.

Woj Tweet

Culver was a lottery pick who averaged 9 points a game but shot under 50% from the free throw line and under 30% from 3. That would be bad for a center but a shooting guard, come on.

Not sure what the end game is in all of this. I think we have 18 guys under contract now not including the two-way contracts.

More trades upcoming

RE: Memphis Grizzlies trade Patrick Beverley to.... - Crazier - 08-17-2021 01:39 PM

I wonder what the Grizzlies are trying to do. I'm trying to see the silver lining. I know these are not the last of the trades. I don't expect Rondo to be on the roster for long with us having Tyus Jones.

RE: Memphis Grizzlies trade Patrick Beverley to.... - tiger1016 - 08-17-2021 01:50 PM

(08-17-2021 01:39 PM)Crazier Wrote:  I wonder what the Grizzlies are trying to do. I'm trying to see the silver lining. I know these are not the last of the trades. I don't expect Rondo to be on the roster for long with us having Tyus Jones.

It’s a ton of fun though. So much off-season activity!

RE: Memphis Grizzlies trade Patrick Beverley to.... - MEMPH1S - 08-17-2021 02:26 PM

Culver is not an NBA player.

RE: Memphis Grizzlies trade Patrick Beverley to.... - MemphisTigerPawr - 08-17-2021 04:50 PM

No clue what the Grizzlies are doing, but they aren't afraid to trade.

RE: Memphis Grizzlies trade Patrick Beverley to.... - SpiderMan79x - 08-17-2021 05:43 PM

I guess we need to wait until we see how everything finally shakes out, but I don't get it. It's like there's some weird "Moneyball" vibe going on.

RE: Memphis Grizzlies trade Patrick Beverley to.... - MemphisTigerPawr - 08-17-2021 07:12 PM

(08-17-2021 05:43 PM)SpiderMan79x Wrote:  I guess we need to wait until we see how everything finally shakes out, but I don't get it. It's like there's some weird "Moneyball" vibe going on.

We are collecting assets for players who we evidently decided we weren't going to be building around. (Grayson, Val) Im guessing it least 4 Grizzlies are on their way out.

It looks like the Grizz are going two ride with Ja, Dillon and Jaren for sure. (Who can blame them for that?)

I think everyone else is expendable at this point and fully expect to see one or two more multi player/team trades.

The contracts we are taking on are all much more reasonable, and some other teams might find these expiring contracts appealing. Most all seem to be 1 year deals with a team option for the second year.

It seems like the Grizzlies have their sights set on someone else still yet. Not really sure who that might be as most noteworthy players appear out of our of our reach but we do have a lot of trade bait.

RE: Memphis Grizzlies trade Patrick Beverley to.... - misplaced tiger - 08-18-2021 11:52 AM

I like the young talent, but this does not look like a playoff roster. I'm hopeful they can overachieve.

RE: Memphis Grizzlies trade Patrick Beverley to.... - ByrdDogX - 08-18-2021 12:49 PM

I think they are tying to develop the young talent and create space need to sign and keep that talent and perhaps pick up a free agent or two when the time is right. Getting players with expiring contracts and/or value to another team is a good approach to get there. I think there is a certain way to build in a small market and they are doing it that particular way. We know that a Kevin Durant is not going to walk through that door as a FA. But if you can do what the Bucks did by building around your draft picks - the sky is the limit.

RE: Memphis Grizzlies trade Patrick Beverley to.... - BamaTigerCub - 08-18-2021 02:17 PM

(08-18-2021 12:49 PM)ByrdDogX Wrote:  I think they are tying to develop the young talent and create space need to sign and keep that talent and perhaps pick up a free agent or two when the time is right. Getting players with expiring contracts and/or value to another team is a good approach to get there. I think there is a certain way to build in a small market and they are doing it that particular way. We know that a Kevin Durant is not going to walk through that door as a FA. But if you can do what the Bucks did by building around your draft picks - the sky is the limit.

You, my friend, win in clarity and sharp thinking.