CSNbbs
Will the season get Fauci’ed? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+------ Forum: Chris Tipton Off Topic Forum (/forum-638.html)
+------ Thread: Will the season get Fauci’ed? (/thread-926122.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Will the season get Fauci’ed? - doss2 - 07-29-2021 07:52 PM

Faucet wants masks again indoors.

Will lockdowns be next?

This is day 500 of The 15 Days to Stop The Spread!

RE: Will the season get Fauci’ed? - Billy_Bearcat - 07-29-2021 08:00 PM

Without this turning political, I am concerned the latest CDC guidelines will sidetrack the season.

RE: Will the season get Fauci’ed? - glacier_dropsy - 07-29-2021 08:21 PM

I saw a patient in consultation today, admitted for can't breathe due to COVID. I think it has been like 2 or 3 months since I saw one at that hospital.

RE: Will the season get Fauci’ed? - UCBearcatlawjd2 - 07-29-2021 08:42 PM

I think we are going in for some trouble ahead.

1. We need to have more people get vaccinated, which includes making children eligible.
2. We need to have stronger safety measures with mask mandates, capacity limits, and other mitigation tools back in place.
3. We need to get ready for boosters.
4. We need to get get politics out of public health and start acting like this a long term crisis they needs everyone moving in the same direction

Do all four of those things and we can get back to a more normal life.

So yes, I think game cancellations, reduced capacity, and other covid safety measures are going to be on the table this season. I was hoping we didn’t have to go there but it’s something I now expect to be part of college sports.

RE: Will the season get Fauci’ed? - colohank - 07-29-2021 09:16 PM

As Pogo said, "We have met the enemy, and it is us." Some of us, anyway.

If everyone had behaved responsibly, we'd be in a better place by now.

RE: Will the season get Fauci’ed? - doss2 - 07-29-2021 09:22 PM

(07-29-2021 08:42 PM)UCBearcatlawjd2 Wrote:  I think we are going in for some trouble ahead.

1. We need to have more people get vaccinated, which includes making children eligible.
2. We need to have stronger safety measures with mask mandates, capacity limits, and other mitigation tools back in place.
4. We need to get get politics out of public health and start acting like this a long term crisis they needs everyone moving in the same direction

So yes, I think game cancellations, reduced capacity, and other covid safety measures are going to be on the table this season. I was hoping we didn’t have to go there but it’s something I now expect to be part of college sports.

Do #2 and the season sucks. I would not mind requiring vaccination or anti body proof to attend.

RE: Will the season get Fauci’ed? - Bear Catlett - 07-29-2021 10:02 PM

Not again.

RE: Will the season get Fauci’ed? - Bruce Monnin - 07-29-2021 10:17 PM

I would have thought we would have little to no governmental interference this year since there are no national elections to influence.

Next year, watch out.

RE: Will the season get Fauci’ed? - colohank - 07-29-2021 10:52 PM

(07-29-2021 10:17 PM)Bruce Monnin Wrote:  I would have thought we would have little to no governmental interference this year since there are no national elections to influence.

Next year, watch out.

That's the problem in a nutshell. Too many folks are treating Covid as a political rather than public health issue. The virus couldn't care less what any of us believe.

RE: Will the season get Fauci’ed? - UCGrad1992 - 07-29-2021 10:59 PM

I like our chances in an empty Notre Dame stadium even better. Just sayin..

RE: Will the season get Fauci’ed? - CliftonAve - 07-30-2021 06:14 AM

I read the California State University is requiring vaccinations for students and staff. Are they going to require visiting teams to be fully vaxxed? If UNLV’s football team is only at 90% will Fresno State tell them they can’t come on their campus?

RE: Will the season get Fauci’ed? - bearcatmark - 07-30-2021 06:38 AM

(07-30-2021 06:14 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  I read the California State University is requiring vaccinations for students and staff. Are they going to require visiting teams to be fully vaxxed? If UNLV’s football team is only at 90% will Fresno State tell them they can’t come on their campus?

Universities requiring vaccinations is nothing new. Mine had to be up to date before attending college.

RE: Will the season get Fauci’ed? - BearcatsUC - 07-30-2021 09:04 AM

(07-29-2021 07:52 PM)doss2 Wrote:  Faucet wants masks again indoors.

Will lockdowns be next?

If we have to wear masks or there are lockdowns, or we see empty stadiums, that certainly won’t be Fauci’s fault.

There were/are ways to avoid this scenario, but the stupid people among us choice to ignore them.

RE: Will the season get Fauci’ed? - Cat-Man - 07-30-2021 09:45 AM

(07-30-2021 09:04 AM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  

Will lockdowns be next?

If we have to wear masks or there are lockdowns, or we see empty stadiums, that certainly won’t be Fauci’s fault.

There were/are ways to avoid this scenario, but the stupid people among us choice to ignore them.

I know, right. That stupid Biden keeps letting in infected immigrants.

https://news.yahoo.com/surge-raises-suspicions-migrants-propelling-185900170.html

RE: Will the season get Fauci’ed? - doss2 - 07-30-2021 10:15 AM

(07-30-2021 09:45 AM)Cat-Man Wrote:  
(07-30-2021 09:04 AM)BearcatsUC Wrote:  

Will lockdowns be next?

I know, right. That stupid Biden keeps letting in infected immigrants.

https://news.yahoo.com/surge-raises-suspicions-migrants-propelling-185900170.html

No to Canada yes too illegals from over 100 countries. Biden & Co. nailed it!

RE: Will the season get Fauci’ed? - ladeda - 07-30-2021 07:06 PM

(07-29-2021 08:42 PM)UCBearcatlawjd2 Wrote:  I think we are going in for some trouble ahead.

Nope. If you don't want to catch the virus. Get the vaccine. Why should everyone else stop living their life because some people don't want to get the vaccine?

We should be @ a normal life now bc the vaccine is readily available to anyone who wants it.

RE: Will the season get Fauci’ed? - UCBearcatlawjd2 - 07-30-2021 08:10 PM

(07-30-2021 07:06 PM)ladeda Wrote:  

Nope. If you don't want to catch the virus. Get the vaccine. Why should everyone else stop living their life because some people don't want to get the vaccine?

We should be @ a normal life now bc the vaccine is readily available to anyone who wants it.

The virus changes and the way to stop that is to vaccinated and use mitigation. When people don’t do either the vaccines become less effective if a more contagious and deadly version emerges, that is what we are seeing now due the poor vaccination rates and bad public health policy.

It’s really not that hard to get this right unfortunately nobody wants to sacrifice their lifestyle or “freedom” when people are basically putting everyone at risk and delaying a return to normal life.

I believe there a good chance we will college football games canceled this fall due to the virus but i hope we do what it takes to get back on track.

RE: Will the season get Fauci’ed? - doss2 - 07-30-2021 08:10 PM

(07-30-2021 07:06 PM)ladeda Wrote:  

Everyone in my family got the Trump Warp Speed created vaccine. No China virus illness and no vaccine reactions!

RE: Will the season get Fauci’ed? - Kyle Mack - 07-30-2021 08:44 PM

Social distancing works, Social distancing doesn't work, masks don't work, masks do work, vaccines work, vaccines don't work, PCR tests work, PCR tests include influenza per cdc. If you are vaccinated you can't get infected or spread it, if you are vaccinated you can get infected and spread it. Does anyone believe any of it?

RE: Will the season get Fauci’ed? - doss2 - 07-30-2021 09:56 PM

(07-30-2021 08:44 PM)Kyle Mack Wrote:  Social distancing works, Social distancing doesn't work, masks don't work, masks do work, vaccines work, vaccines don't work, PCR tests work, PCR tests include influenza per cdc. If you are vaccinated you can't get infected or spread it, if you are vaccinated you can get infected and spread it. Does anyone believe any of it?

That's the Fauci flip flop.