CSNbbs
Toledo QB Finn embraces summer of hard knocks - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: Toledo QB Finn embraces summer of hard knocks (/thread-925342.html)

Toledo QB Finn embraces summer of hard knocks - northcoastRocket - 07-19-2021 03:08 PM

https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/ut/2021/07/17/toledo-quarterback-finn-embraces-summer-of-hard-knocks/stories/20210717019

RE: Toledo QB Finn embraces summer of hard knocks - Somersetco - 07-19-2021 08:17 PM

In the beginning of the article Candle says great things about Finn. For some reason, I still think he will never play much at UT. Just a gut feeling and I think if he doesn’t play this year, he’s gone. Wouldn’t blame him. We have done pretty well with scrambling QBs, except Mitch. Makes the game a lot more interesting to watch.

RE: Toledo QB Finn embraces summer of hard knocks - IamN2daRockets! - 07-20-2021 08:16 AM

(07-19-2021 08:17 PM)Somersetco Wrote:  In the beginning of the article Candle says great things about Finn. For some reason, I still think he will never play much at UT. Just a gut feeling and I think if he doesn’t play this year, he’s gone. Wouldn’t blame him. We have done pretty well with scrambling QBs, except Mitch. Makes the game a lot more interesting to watch.

I basically agree.

Per the article UT has invested in his success. He undoubtedly can play. can he pass at a DI level?

Today's game requires the top passer to be on the field. Mac Jones couldn't scramble but he is a pure passer and he was the top QB last year. Accuracy and timing is everything. A dual threat QB is nice but not at expense of spreading the field. A lot could happen and he could see substantial PT if CB is not ready for a true season vs a pandemic season. I wish him success and i hope he finds it at UT. My crystal ball sees the likely progression being Bradley to Fitzgerald if we can keep him as part of '22 class.

Go Rockets!

RE: Toledo QB Finn embraces summer of hard knocks - rocketpaul - 07-20-2021 08:07 PM

I think Finn will end up being a Running back or Wide receiver after this season

RE: Toledo QB Finn embraces summer of hard knocks - eastisbest - 07-21-2021 08:32 AM

(07-20-2021 08:07 PM)rocketpaul Wrote:  I think Finn will end up being a Running back or Wide receiver after this season
If he really likes getting hit that much, maybe a switch to defense where his QB knowledge can be put to use?