CSNbbs
Tevin Carter update - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------- Forum: Tom Mays Memorial Recruiting (/forum-505.html)
+------- Thread: Tevin Carter update (/thread-925148.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Tevin Carter update - Tigerx3 - 07-15-2021 05:56 AM

I’ve been waiting to post this to see if anything new comes out.

Tigersportsreport Adam Gorney and Bryan Moss believe that Georgia Tech leads for Tevin Carter. I get the position is crowded for the immediate future but I don’t think all of the QB roster will stay past this year. It would be a disappointment to lose Carter who I think has Star Quality and hometown hero potential.

Guess we will soon know!

RE: Tevin Carter update - hsvtiger - 07-16-2021 11:40 PM

(07-15-2021 05:56 AM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  I’ve been waiting to post this to see if anything new comes out.

Tigersportsreport Adam Gorney and Bryan Moss believe that Georgia Tech leads for Tevin Carter. I get the position is crowded for the immediate future but I don’t think all of the QB roster will stay past this year. It would be a disappointment to lose Carter who I think has Star Quality and hometown hero potential.

Guess we will soon know!

GaTech is so “meh”.

RE: Tevin Carter update - Stammers - 07-17-2021 10:04 AM

(07-16-2021 11:40 PM)hsvtiger Wrote:  
(07-15-2021 05:56 AM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  I’ve been waiting to post this to see if anything new comes out.

Guess we will soon know!

GaTech is so “meh”.

It's not even that simple. The coach is in his 3rd year, trying to transition from the option offense that they ran for 10 years with the previous coach. IMO, it is still at least a 2 year rebuild. On top of that, the current coach, Collins, has never had good offenses.

It's a mess.

RE: Tevin Carter update - Tigerx3 - 07-17-2021 07:10 PM

Didn’t say it made sense. Just reporting the message.

RE: Tevin Carter update - DallasTiger - 07-17-2021 07:34 PM

Not sure Ga Tech is a great choice. You have to complete with Notre Dame, Clemson and now FSU with a resurgence under Norvell with one of the best recuriting classes in the country. If he is that good, seems like he has some other more serious options.

RE: Tevin Carter update - Dynamos - 07-18-2021 07:27 PM

(07-17-2021 10:04 AM)Stammers Wrote:  

Guess we will soon know!

GaTech is so “meh”.

It's not even that simple. The coach is in his 3rd year, trying to transition from the option offense that they ran for 10 years with the previous coach. IMO, it is still at least a 2 year rebuild. On top of that, the current coach, Collins, has never had good offenses.

It's a mess.

Most kids don’t care about wins and loses. They just want to develop and play

RE: Tevin Carter update - Stammers - 07-18-2021 08:41 PM

(07-18-2021 07:27 PM)Dynamos Wrote:  
(07-17-2021 10:04 AM)Stammers Wrote:  

Guess we will soon know!

GaTech is so “meh”.

It's a mess.

Most kids don’t care about wins and loses. They just want to develop and play

That makes a lot of sense 03-lmfao01-wingedeagle

RE: Tevin Carter update - tigers18 - 07-24-2021 12:35 PM

This guy looks like he has the physical tools but in all seriousness when is the last time a QB out of the Memphis/Shelby County area contributed to any D1 team? Kenton Evans was the most hyped but between injuries and performance he wasn't even mediocre.

RE: Tevin Carter update - TigerBo - 07-24-2021 06:18 PM

(07-24-2021 12:35 PM)tigers18 Wrote:  This guy looks like he has the physical tools but in all seriousness when is the last time a QB out of the Memphis/Shelby County area contributed to any D1 team? Kenton Evans was the most hyped but between injuries and performance he wasn't even mediocre.

But he looked damn good getting off the bus... My hopes were high for that young man.

RE: Tevin Carter update - NDTiger - 07-29-2021 06:16 PM

(07-24-2021 06:18 PM)TigerBo Wrote:  
(07-24-2021 12:35 PM)tigers18 Wrote:  This guy looks like he has the physical tools but in all seriousness when is the last time a QB out of the Memphis/Shelby County area contributed to any D1 team? Kenton Evans was the most hyped but between injuries and performance he wasn't even mediocre.

But he looked damn good getting off the bus... My hopes were high for that young man.

Kenton Evans just hired as OC for MS Valley State. Glad for him:
https://mvsusports.com/news/2021/7/12/mvsu-football-announces-new-editions-to-coaching-staff.aspx

RE: Tevin Carter update - danny1 - 07-31-2021 05:41 AM

Tevin Carter would certainly be a nice addition and you can never have too many QB’s, but I believe Seth Hennigan out of Texas is going to eventually be ThE guy. May be a couple of years out, maybe not.

I do know that our quality throughout the QB ranks is the best ever and Tevin may not want to step in to that situation. Of course, the transfer portal may change things quickly. I would not be surprised if we loose one or two after the depth chart shakes out. Just the way things are these days.

RE: Tevin Carter update - griffin - 07-31-2021 08:37 AM

Tevin liked Georgia Tech because of the city of Atlanta and it's metropolitan appeal, Georgia Tech is pushing the city of Atlanta to him.

He wants/wanted/still does to be a Tiger as of 3 to 4 weeks ago, not sure now. That is what he told our HC, I do not know if that has changed.

RS will also do and go after what is good for Memphis.

RE: Tevin Carter update - Marc Mensa - 07-31-2021 03:40 PM

Is Tevin Carter better than Seth Henigan? Given the quality of play in Texas & the accolades bestowed on Henigan, then Carter would have to be awfully special.

I say this never seeing the kid play… he might just be that good… but given the void of QB talent to coming from this area, I’m a little skeptical. I think Barry Brunetti was the last D1 starter to come from here.

RE: Tevin Carter update - Unionman76 - 07-31-2021 03:46 PM

Dan Ellington from Center Hill (Olive Branch,ms) played at georgia state (beat UTk)

RE: Tevin Carter update - tigers18 - 07-31-2021 06:10 PM

(07-31-2021 03:40 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  Is Tevin Carter better than Seth Henigan? Given the quality of play in Texas & the accolades bestowed on Henigan, then Carter would have to be awfully special.

I say this never seeing the kid play… he might just be that good… but given the void of QB talent to coming from this area, I’m a little skeptical. I think Barry Brunetti was the last D1 starter to come from here.

I think Seth is going to be good as well. That is a high level of competition that he was winning against. I thought about Brunnetti. He definitely contributed, but I don't think he lived up to the four star hype. I hope we get Carter, but I feel really good about the future of the position with Gunnell and Henigan.

RE: Tevin Carter update - k2tigers - 07-31-2021 08:09 PM

Seth Hennigan could end up as one of the best

RE: Tevin Carter update - jsw3ent - 07-31-2021 08:53 PM

(07-31-2021 08:09 PM)k2tigers Wrote:  Seth Hennigan could end up as one of the best

...if he don't transfer like Brady Davis. How long will he sit behind Gunnell ?

RE: Tevin Carter update - Tiger87 - 08-04-2021 10:47 AM

Kevin Johns recently sounded a lot like Gunnell would be the starter - as most of us assume.
Sounded like Brown would be a capable backup.
And that Henigan might have the most potential. I believe the quote was "Henigan is better than the older guys want him to be."
Finally, sounded like Parrish might have some work to do. Johns said it will be interesting to see how much he's developed when summer camp starts.

Yes, we could lose 2 guys to transfer before season starts, even. That's the way it is these days. (If we do, we likely grab a transfer out of the portal so we have a 3rd stringer.)
Parrish very well might be BOH if he is 4th on the chart.
Brown might want to transfer down where he can start.
I have to think Henigan, being a coach's son, knows that he has to work to get to start. He will come into this season knowing he would be a backup - likely running scout team. Next year, we will see.

RE: Tevin Carter update - jsw3ent - 08-04-2021 02:40 PM

(08-04-2021 10:47 AM)Tiger87 Wrote:  Kevin Johns recently sounded a lot like Gunnell would be the starter - as most of us assume.
Sounded like Brown would be a capable backup.
And that Henigan might have the most potential. I believe the quote was "Henigan is better than the older guys want him to be."
Finally, sounded like Parrish might have some work to do. Johns said it will be interesting to see how much he's developed when summer camp starts.

Yes, we could lose 2 guys to transfer before season starts, even. That's the way it is these days. (If we do, we likely grab a transfer out of the portal so we have a 3rd stringer.)
Parrish very well might be BOH if he is 4th on the chart.
Brown might want to transfer down where he can start.
I have to think Henigan, being a coach's son, knows that he has to work to get to start. He will come into this season knowing he would be a backup - likely running scout team. Next year, we will see.

Good stuff--thank you

RE: Tevin Carter update - DDrum1961 - 08-05-2021 10:04 AM

(07-31-2021 03:40 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  Is Tevin Carter better than Seth Henigan? Given the quality of play in Texas & the accolades bestowed on Henigan, then Carter would have to be awfully special.

Looking forward to seeing him play on the 20th against Bartlett in the season opener for both teams ...