CSNbbs
[NEWS] 70% Of Black Voters Now Say Violent Crime Is A ‘Major Crisis’ - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: [NEWS] 70% Of Black Voters Now Say Violent Crime Is A ‘Major Crisis’ (/thread-924987.html)

70% Of Black Voters Now Say Violent Crime Is A ‘Major Crisis’ - CrimsonPhantom - 07-15-2021 06:06 PM

Quote:A new poll from a Democratic voter research firm may be bad news for Democrats heading into the mid-year elections. Although Republicans and Democrats differ widely on key issues, a majority of voters in both parties now agree that violent crime has reached “crisis” levels.

Josh Kraushaar at National Journal reported, over the weekend, that a new poll from Navigator Research, a Democratic firm that releases a weekly “pulse” for candidates and politicos on top issues among voters, shows surprising agreement between Republicans and Democrats on the issue of rising violence in major cities.

“When you see a rare point of agreement between Republicans and Democrats, it’s worth taking notice,” Kraushaar noted. “That moment happened this week when the Democratic polling firm Navigator Research released its weekly survey, which asked voters what issues they rated as major crises. On most of the 14 issues tested, from the coronavirus pandemic to inflation, Republicans and Democrats differed sharply over their significance. For instance, 70 percent of Democrats still see the pandemic as a ‘major crisis,’ but only 30 percent of Republicans agree.”

“For the first time, crime ranked ahead of the pandemic as the top issue for all voters,” he continued. “Even more surprisingly, it was an issue that voters of both parties ranked highly: 57 percent of Republicans called the issue a major crisis while 52 percent of Democrats concurred.”

“Most significantly, 70 percent of African-American voters called violent crime a major crisis,” Kraushaar reported.

Last year, in the wake of the national anti-racism and anti-police brutality that followed George Floyd’s death in Minneapolis, Democrats adopted a progressive approach to crime — notably, Democratic politicians at all levels of government supported efforts to “defund the police.”

Those efforts, while popular among progressives, were unpopular among black Americans. According to Newsweek, a poll taken last year — at the height of efforts to “defund the police” — more than 80% said that “they want police presence in their area to either remain the same or increase.”

As recently as April, Democratic strategists were counseling Democrats to shy away from calls to “defund the police,” according to Axios. “Calls by activists to ‘defund’ police departments can — and have — hurt Democrats in tight races, said Celinda Lake, a pollster who does work for the Democratic National Committee,” told the outlet.

Now, with crime spiking across the country, and following a “bloody” Fourth of July weekend that saw dozens killed and hundreds wounded in incidents of gun violence nationwide, it seems Democrats are “struggling” to find a way to stay tough on crime without alienating progressives — and at the same time stay tough on police reform without alienating black voters.

“It’s no secret that the ‘defund the police’ stuff is not popular. There’s a mainstream way out of it. People want to feel safe. They want to see we’re addressing the problem. I still think people think we need police accountability, but they can’t hear just one side of that issue from us,” one Democratic strategist told National Journal.

Meanwhile, even the White House is having difficulty getting ahead of the problem. After a particularly violent weekend in Chicago, President Joe Biden reportedly committed to sending a federal “strike force” to the city to help Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot get a handle on spiking violent crime, but Biden has yet to address crime on a national scale.

Link

Meanwhile the Democrats will say they are over reacting and that they aren't smart enough to find the DMV or a photocopier.

RE: 70% Of Black Voters Now Say Violent Crime Is A ‘Major Crisis’ - Todor - 07-15-2021 09:50 PM

In other words, no plan they can possibly come up with address any real issues without alienating large parts of their base. Total lack of ability to govern built in.

RE: 70% Of Black Voters Now Say Violent Crime Is A ‘Major Crisis’ - GoodOwl - 07-15-2021 10:09 PM

Well, well, well, Success! Didn;'the Dem idiots announce a goal that they'd get to 70% by July? Now, they can go ahead and shoot for 100%...oops, did I say "shoot"? My bad.

RE: 70% Of Black Voters Now Say Violent Crime Is A ‘Major Crisis’ - No2rdame - 07-16-2021 10:39 AM

1. Vilify the police.
2. Defund the police.
3. Attack the police.
4. Restrict the ability of the police to do their job.
5. Victimize and martyr the criminals.

And now they are shocked that violent crime has become a major crisis? Well, Captain Obvious, maybe your Democrat policies have led to this spike in crime. By the way, this is a question to the liberals who vote for the Dems, name a Democrat-controlled city where their policies have significantly reduced crime.

RE: 70% Of Black Voters Now Say Violent Crime Is A ‘Major Crisis’ - Claw - 07-16-2021 10:41 AM

Don't get comfortable. The left's solution will be a Federal police force.

RE: 70% Of Black Voters Now Say Violent Crime Is A ‘Major Crisis’ - nomad2u2001 - 07-20-2021 04:44 PM

(07-16-2021 10:39 AM)No2rdame Wrote:  1. Vilify the police.
2. Defund the police.
3. Attack the police.

And now they are shocked that violent crime has become a major crisis? Well, Captain Obvious, maybe your Democrat policies have led to this spike in crime. By the way, this is a question to the liberals who vote for the Dems, name a Democrat-controlled city where their policies have significantly reduced crime.

1. They kinda became villains on their own accord. Police as a group have always been controversial.

RE: 70% Of Black Voters Now Say Violent Crime Is A ‘Major Crisis’ - nomad2u2001 - 07-20-2021 04:50 PM

(07-16-2021 10:41 AM)Claw Wrote:  Don't get comfortable. The left's solution will be a Federal police force.

I’ve never heard that, but tell us more.

But TBH local police management has been somewhat of a problem causer for a long time and it’s probably the biggest driver of corruption in our system. I’d never advocate for a federal system, but I would say that there needs to be a state force.

RE: 70% Of Black Voters Now Say Violent Crime Is A ‘Major Crisis’ - Bear Catlett - 07-20-2021 05:04 PM

Welcome to the party, pal.

RE: 70% Of Black Voters Now Say Violent Crime Is A ‘Major Crisis’ - Native Georgian - 07-20-2021 05:09 PM

(07-16-2021 10:41 AM)Claw Wrote:  Don't get comfortable. The left's solution will be a Federal police force.
Agreed.

It will be framed as an expansion of existing agencies, primarily the FBI.

RE: 70% Of Black Voters Now Say Violent Crime Is A ‘Major Crisis’ - nomad2u2001 - 07-20-2021 05:46 PM

(07-20-2021 05:09 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  
Agreed.

It will be framed as an expansion of existing agencies, primarily the FBI.

Nah, the left is just as interested as the right is for not wanting to expand federal law enforcement. You expand federal policing, you have to expand prosecution and the judiciary. The last thing the right or the left would want is more people anxious to investigate them.

RE: 70% Of Black Voters Now Say Violent Crime Is A ‘Major Crisis’ - olliebaba - 07-20-2021 09:08 PM

(07-20-2021 04:50 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  

But TBH local police management has been somewhat of a problem causer for a long time and it’s probably the biggest driver of corruption in our system. I’d never advocate for a federal system, but I would say that there needs to be a state force.

I don't know but I live pretty close to a DMV office and I see a whole bunch of State Police all the time. Heck, even Conservation Officers in some states are regarded as State Police.

RE: 70% Of Black Voters Now Say Violent Crime Is A ‘Major Crisis’ - nomad2u2001 - 07-20-2021 09:25 PM

(07-20-2021 09:08 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  

I don't know but I live pretty close to a DMV office and I see a whole bunch of State Police all the time. Heck, even Conservation Officers in some states are regarded as State Police.

Yep. There are a lot of state police forces already and I think local forces should be added to that fold. Better training and better career opportunities

RE: 70% Of Black Voters Now Say Violent Crime Is A ‘Major Crisis’ - Todor - 07-21-2021 06:35 AM

(07-20-2021 09:08 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  

From the citations and fines a certain friend of mine has, I think Game Wardens are considered state police everywhere. They are armed, can cite you, and can make arrests.

Maybe they need people with animal handling backgrounds to visit certain places. They are pretty well trained on how to herd, round up, and control animals without killing them. A hot shot and a head gate could work wonders!

https://realtuff.com/livestock-cattle-head-gate/

RE: 70% Of Black Voters Now Say Violent Crime Is A ‘Major Crisis’ - umbluegray - 07-21-2021 04:58 PM

(07-20-2021 04:44 PM)nomad2u2001 Wrote:  
(07-16-2021 10:39 AM)No2rdame Wrote:  1. Vilify the police.
2. Defund the police.
3. Attack the police.

1. They kinda became villains on their own accord. Police as a group have always been controversial.

Wow! Reallt? Not in a civilized society.