CSNbbs
2021 NBA Draft - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------- Forum: the Grindhouse (/forum-722.html)
+------- Thread: 2021 NBA Draft (/thread-924157.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

2021 NBA Draft - MemphisTigerPawr - 06-24-2021 08:01 AM

The Grizz are slated to pick at #17 in the first round. Any thought on players you would like to. see the Grizzlies draft?
Ill go first, as it looks like Ayo. Dosunmu may be on the board at 17. Her is a strong scoring guard. who plays defense well.. Hopefully he will be around at 17

RE: 2021 NBA Draft - k2tigers - 06-24-2021 09:25 AM

Kispert from Gonzaga or Chris Duarte from Oregon.....someone who can shoot and score

RE: 2021 NBA Draft - MemphisTigerPawr - 06-24-2021 03:30 PM

(06-24-2021 09:25 AM)k2tigers Wrote:  Kispert from Gonzaga or Chris Duarte from Oregon.....someone who can shoot and score

I like both of them, they have a slight shooting edge over Dosunmu but I think he is better defensively than those two.

All three can fill it up, Krispert and Duarte are elite 3pt shooters, but I don't think well be as strong defensively. Dosunmu can likely play 1-3 in the NBA.

We have some really good guards and the Grizz could go big and draft Kai Jones from Texas.. It appears our front office will keep JJJ so JV could be on the trade block. I think this would be a huge mistake on the Grizzlies part.

I hope we build around :

Ja (obviously)
Dillon Brooks
JJJ
Jonas

We really need a big strong wing/guard and someone to replace Jonas in a few years. I really like Bane,Tillman, Jones and Grayson Allen off the bench. Kyle Anderson has been a very good role player but I don't see him permanently as our starting wing. It will be interesting to see which way our front office goes.

Seems like at some point we will likely deal either Melton or Jones.Winslow seems finished here and I don't know why BC was relegated to the bench during our stretch run this past season, he may be trade bait as well but I hope not.

Hopefully we can keep JV for one more contract period and let some of our younger bigs fill out.

RE: 2021 NBA Draft - MemphisTigerPawr - 06-24-2021 06:46 PM

Fansided suggests we draft this young center out of Turkey, idk much about him.

https://bealestreetbears.com/2021/06/24/memphis-grizzlies-take-chance-18-year-old-turkish-star/

RE: 2021 NBA Draft - misplaced tiger - 06-25-2021 12:49 PM

Historically you don't get a starter outside of the top 10. Getting a good 2nd unit player is realistic. I think this draft is filled with scorers and playmakers. In my opinion there is not a lot of separation between players that will be selected 6-25.

Kispert probably won't be there at 17. Doesn't look like Kai Jones will be either, though I'm not a firm believer in him.

I'm in favor of getting shooters. I love Dosunmu. He's more of a scorer than pure shooter, but he has a lot of potential in that area.

RE: 2021 NBA Draft - tigertaylor - 06-27-2021 06:51 PM

i think the grizz have enough wings/guards. i'm worried about JJJ's health and we could use a better SF. so, i say get a big guy.

Usman Garuba is an intriguing prospect if you watch his videos. He may be gone by 17th pick.

For the 2nd round, i like Herbert Jones from Bama.

What about luke garza with the 2nd round pick?

RE: 2021 NBA Draft - MemphisTigerPawr - 07-09-2021 05:21 PM

Speculation is that then Grizz may try to land Moses Moody in the draft as well as keep Justin Winslow around for at least one more season.

RE: 2021 NBA Draft - misplaced tiger - 07-12-2021 02:54 PM

If Moody is available at 17, they should pick him. he most likely would be the best available at that point. I doubt they would trade up to get him though. If you look at this draft, there is not a lot of separation between the projected #7-#30 players.

RE: 2021 NBA Draft - MemphisTigerPawr - 07-29-2021 08:53 AM

(07-12-2021 02:54 PM)misplaced tiger Wrote:  If Moody is available at 17, they should pick him. he most likely would be the best available at that point. I doubt they would trade up to get him though. If you look at this draft, there is not a lot of separation between the projected #7-#30 players.

Draft day is here and there looks like there may be some movement, if not I think we draft Giddy or Wagner at 10. Not sure about #40. Looks like Moody has been skyrocketing and could go as high as 7.

We have had several great drafts lately and I really like our front office. Seems like there are a top 5 or 6, then a second 5 or 6. Beyond that it becomes more speculative.

Was it worth trading Jonas for Adams? (they are reasonably similar) I guess we will see tonight, for it was really about moving up to grab a big guard or wing I think. (Moody, Wagner, Giddey)

RE: 2021 NBA Draft - ByrdDogX - 07-29-2021 12:40 PM

I highly doubt the Grizzlies are done wheelin' and dealin'. One report is they (along with others) are talking to Cleveland about the #3. Might be a stretch, but #7 is a real possibility with Golden State. I know the 'take the best player available' stance that usually goes with drafts, but Memphis has long needed a consistent outside threat. Usually, these guys come as a premium in free agency and outside of the disaster that was Chandler Parsons, we aren't going to draw a lot of interest from high end shooters in this market.

I think they move Anderson, Allen, and/or Bledsoe. It's exciting to be able to look forward to a draft, unlike the Chris Wallace era. This front office has done some great things. Hope they can continue.

RE: 2021 NBA Draft - mairving - 07-29-2021 02:48 PM

(07-29-2021 12:40 PM)ByrdDogX Wrote:  I highly doubt the Grizzlies are done wheelin' and dealin'. One report is they (along with others) are talking to Cleveland about the #3. Might be a stretch, but #7 is a real possibility with Golden State. I know the 'take the best player available' stance that usually goes with drafts, but Memphis has long needed a consistent outside threat. Usually, these guys come as a premium in free agency and outside of the disaster that was Chandler Parsons, we aren't going to draw a lot of interest from high end shooters in this market.

I think they move Anderson, Allen, and/or Bledsoe. It's exciting to be able to look forward to a draft, unlike the Chris Wallace era. This front office has done some great things. Hope they can continue.

Most likely they won't move Bledsoe. Not many teams would want his contract. It would cost them $3.9M to buy out his contract so I assume that they do that.

RE: 2021 NBA Draft - tigertaylor - 07-29-2021 02:50 PM

(07-29-2021 12:40 PM)ByrdDogX Wrote:  I highly doubt the Grizzlies are done wheelin' and dealin'. One report is they (along with others) are talking to Cleveland about the #3. Might be a stretch, but #7 is a real possibility with Golden State. I know the 'take the best player available' stance that usually goes with drafts, but Memphis has long needed a consistent outside threat. Usually, these guys come as a premium in free agency and outside of the disaster that was Chandler Parsons, we aren't going to draw a lot of interest from high end shooters in this market.

I agree. i think the wheeling and dealing is not done yet.

I would love to sign Gary Trent, Jr he's a RFA, so is Duncan Robinson. I'm sure Toronto and Miami will match any offers so they probably won't leave those places. but it's fun to dream.

i'm sure we'll take a guard or wing with the first pick. someone who can make plays for themselves and others.

I feel like we need another big with that 2nd round pick.

Love Steven Adams of 8 years ago, but not now. I hope we don't go into season with him as our starting center. Hope Bledsoe is gone too.

And agree that Anderson / Allen could be gone, both seem to have some value. I hope that Brandon Clarke doesn't end up traded. Still don't know why he was on the bench so much during the last part of the season/playoffs. Wonder if it was injury or just coaches decisions.

I expect a trade or two tonight. We have a lot of draft picks and valuable players on reasonable contracts

RE: 2021 NBA Draft - MemphisTigerPawr - 07-29-2021 07:41 PM

Wow, OKC took Giddy @ #6

They could have traded back a few spots and still drafted him.

RE: 2021 NBA Draft - MemphisTigerPawr - 07-29-2021 07:59 PM

Grizz can get either Moody or Bouknight. I don't think they believed Bouknight would be available at 10, I do I know we like Moody. gonna be interesting.

RE: 2021 NBA Draft - PennyWise - 07-29-2021 07:59 PM

For the love of god Grizz don’t screw this up….get Bouknight!!!!

RE: 2021 NBA Draft - MemphisTigerPawr - 07-29-2021 08:03 PM

Zaire Williams? Passed on Bouknight? Idk

RE: 2021 NBA Draft - PennyWise - 07-29-2021 08:04 PM

w T F

RE: 2021 NBA Draft - PennyWise - 07-29-2021 08:04 PM

Could have got him with the 20th pick

RE: 2021 NBA Draft - SpiderMan79x - 07-29-2021 08:06 PM

Awful pick. I don't get all the movement to pull this out of their butt..I feel like i just go gut-punched.

RE: 2021 NBA Draft - Agrizz - 07-29-2021 08:08 PM

(07-29-2021 07:59 PM)PennyWise Wrote:  For the love of god Grizz don’t screw this up….get Bouknight!!!!

Welp, they did screw it up...smh.