CSNbbs
Did we lose one? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: OVCbbs (/forum-17.html)
+---- Forum: Ohio Valley Team Talk (/forum-784.html)
+----- Forum: Little Rock (/forum-291.html)
+----- Thread: Did we lose one? (/thread-923523.html)

Did we lose one? - mjs - 06-11-2021 10:58 AM

I was told awhile ago that we were getting a transfer from Georgetown. Obviously, we never announced this and I could find no verification on the internet. Today UTEP announced the signing of 6'8" Jamari Sibley, a 4 star transfer from Georgetown. According to his twitter page he had an offer from UNC among others. I hope he is not the one we thought was coming here.

RE: Did we lose one? - TrojanTeen2 - 06-11-2021 06:59 PM

Nothing about him and us on any recruiting sites nor any indications we offered him in the first place on Twitter. They have another transfer but he’s going to Maryland.

So either there’s a transfer nobody knows about, perhaps a Juco player who came from Georgetown, or we never had a Georgetown player coming at all.

So far I only see us offering freshmen for next year.

RE: Did we lose one? - mjs - 06-12-2021 07:27 AM

(06-11-2021 06:59 PM)TrojanTeen2 Wrote:  Nothing about him and us on any recruiting sites nor any indications we offered him in the first place on Twitter. They have another transfer but he’s going to Maryland.

So either there’s a transfer nobody knows about, perhaps a Juco player who came from Georgetown, or we never had a Georgetown player coming at all.

So far I only see us offering freshmen for next year.

Someone, inside the athletic program, reiterated the Georgetown transfer "rumor" just couple of days ago. Then I saw this kid announce his signing with UTEP. Could mean nothing- since like you I have seen no evidence on internet sites that Sibley was even on our radar. I saw another Georgetown transfer announce he was going to San Diego and you saw one going to Maryland. I assumed the rumor had "legs" because of the source and Darrell being friends with Patrick Ewing. At this point I am grasping at straws for any recruiting news. I guess at some point we will get some official news. After Covid, and a disappointing season on the court, I would think the program would want to promote incoming talent to get fans excited about the upcoming season.