CSNbbs
Video of all Sun Belt stadiums - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Video of all Sun Belt stadiums (/thread-923208.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Video of all Sun Belt stadiums - Michael in Raleigh - 06-05-2021 03:02 PM

This is a pretty funny video with dry British humor/Dad-style jokes covering each of the ten Sun Belt stadiums. I think you all will enjoy.

He has videos covering all kinds of stadiums. The Sun Belt is the first G5 league he's covered. The other CFB leagues he has done so far are the Big 12, SEC, and ACC.

RE: Video of all Sun Belt stadiums - RamblinRedWolf - 06-05-2021 03:21 PM

it drives me nuts how outdated google earth is in the Jonesboro area

RE: Video of all Sun Belt stadiums - Michael in Raleigh - 06-05-2021 03:48 PM

(06-05-2021 03:21 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  it drives me nuts how outdated google earth is in the Jonesboro area

It's the same in Boone.

RE: Video of all Sun Belt stadiums - Oldyeller - 06-05-2021 04:45 PM

Well done in my opinion. Looks like Troy is his favorite and I would agree. Paulson seems to be the consensus worst in conference but it's worth mentioning GS ranks high on the team most hated. That makes me happy! 04-cheers

RE: Video of all Sun Belt stadiums - RamblinRedWolf - 06-05-2021 05:02 PM

(06-05-2021 04:45 PM)Oldyeller Wrote:  Well done in my opinion. Looks like Troy is his favorite and I would agree. Paulson seems to be the consensus worst in conference but it's worth mentioning GS ranks high on the team most hated. That makes me happy! 04-cheers

I think southern actually has a damn good looking stadium-it’s nothing too fancy but still looks cozy yet solid sidelines.

I respect that Georgia State repurposed Turner Field but it still looks incredibly awkward to take in a football game. I’d put it at my worst (Malone a near second though they’re trying to make it better with what they have).

RE: Video of all Sun Belt stadiums - Michael in Raleigh - 06-05-2021 08:44 PM

(06-05-2021 05:02 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  
(06-05-2021 04:45 PM)Oldyeller Wrote:  Well done in my opinion. Looks like Troy is his favorite and I would agree. Paulson seems to be the consensus worst in conference but it's worth mentioning GS ranks high on the team most hated. That makes me happy! 04-cheers

I think southern actually has a damn good looking stadium-it’s nothing too fancy but still looks cozy yet solid sidelines.

I respect that Georgia State repurposed Turner Field but it still looks incredibly awkward to take in a football game. I’d put it at my worst (Malone a near second though they’re trying to make it better with what they have).

10) ULM
9) Ga. State
8) Louisiana
7) Ga. Southern
6) Coastal
5) Arkansas State
4) Troy
3) App State
2) South Alabama
1) Texas State

Just my opinion

RE: Video of all Sun Belt stadiums - AppfanInCAAland - 06-06-2021 01:28 AM

I've been a fan of this guy's YT channel for a while now. Something about his intentionally corny, pun-filled commentary on stadiums around the world always makes me laugh. And I find the highlights of unique or unusual variety of stadium to be really interesting. He had previously taken a little swipe at Paulson when showing the Statesboro team in his video about USL1 stadiums.

RE: Video of all Sun Belt stadiums - Oldyeller - 06-06-2021 09:59 AM

(06-06-2021 01:28 AM)AppfanInCAAland Wrote:  I've been a fan of this guy's YT channel for a while now. Something about his intentionally corny, pun-filled commentary on stadiums around the world always makes me laugh. And I find the highlights of unique or unusual variety of stadium to be really interesting. He had previously taken a little swipe at Paulson when showing the Statesboro team in his video about USL1 stadiums.

Hehe. His lack of research is apparent. The Kid Brewer name commentary was exceptional but I doubt he researched for that.

RE: Video of all Sun Belt stadiums - CardinalBlackTrojan - 06-06-2021 01:47 PM

He does seem to like Troy the best.

I concur.

RE: Video of all Sun Belt stadiums - RamblinRedWolf - 06-06-2021 02:15 PM

(06-05-2021 08:44 PM)Michael in Raleigh Wrote:  

10) ULM
9) Ga. State
8) Louisiana
7) Ga. Southern
6) Coastal
5) Arkansas State
4) Troy
3) App State
2) South Alabama
1) Texas State

Just my opinion

10) Ga State
09) Louisiana
08) ULM
07) Ga Southern
06) Coastal
05) Astate
04) Texas State
03) App State
02) Troy
01) South Al

RE: Video of all Sun Belt stadiums - CardinalBlackTrojan - 06-06-2021 03:26 PM

(06-06-2021 02:15 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  

10) ULM
9) Ga. State
8) Louisiana
7) Ga. Southern
6) Coastal
5) Arkansas State
4) Troy
3) App State
2) South Alabama
1) Texas State

Just my opinion

10) Ga State
09) Louisiana
08) ULM
07) Ga Southern
06) Coastal
05) Astate
04) Texas State
03) App State
02) Troy
01) South Al

I will say... Georgia State doesn't get enough credit for their stadium. In pictures, it looks funky. But if you actually go the stadium for a game, it's not bad at all. All of the seats are chairback, they have a huge video board, LED ribbon boards in the endzone and around the upper decks, and a very nice entrance and concourse.

It also gets very loud when they have high attendance. If Georgia State could ever get a sellout in there, that place would be thunderous.

Once GSU finally removes all of that unused seating, it'll be a top-notch football stadium.

RE: Video of all Sun Belt stadiums - Ewglenn - 06-06-2021 03:34 PM

(06-06-2021 03:26 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  

10) ULM
9) Ga. State
8) Louisiana
7) Ga. Southern
6) Coastal
5) Arkansas State
4) Troy
3) App State
2) South Alabama
1) Texas State

Just my opinion

10) Ga State
09) Louisiana
08) ULM
07) Ga Southern
06) Coastal
05) Astate
04) Texas State
03) App State
02) Troy
01) South Al

I will say... Georgia State doesn't get enough credit for their stadium. In pictures, it looks funky. But if you actually go the stadium for a game, it's not bad at all. All of the seats are chairback, they have a huge video board, LED ribbon boards in the endzone and around the upper decks, and a very nice entrance and concourse.

It also gets very loud when they have high attendance. If Georgia State could ever get a sellout in there, that place would be thunderous.

Once GSU finally removes all of that unused seating, it'll be a top-notch football stadium.

It’s the worst for me because for the weird remaining seats. However, when they remove the unused seating it will jump up quite a bit for me. ULM is terrible.

RE: Video of all Sun Belt stadiums - AppfanInCAAland - 06-06-2021 07:47 PM

(06-06-2021 09:59 AM)Oldyeller Wrote:  
(06-06-2021 01:28 AM)AppfanInCAAland Wrote:  I've been a fan of this guy's YT channel for a while now. Something about his intentionally corny, pun-filled commentary on stadiums around the world always makes me laugh. And I find the highlights of unique or unusual variety of stadium to be really interesting. He had previously taken a little swipe at Paulson when showing the Statesboro team in his video about USL1 stadiums.

Hehe. His lack of research is apparent. The Kid Brewer name commentary was exceptional but I doubt he researched for that.

The lack of serious research mixed with the lame jokes is part of the charm.

RE: Video of all Sun Belt stadiums - GSUALUM17 - 06-06-2021 11:56 PM

never realized how many stadiums in this conference dug football fields below street level. Troy did the best job of hiding it. not as obvious from plain sight.

RE: Video of all Sun Belt stadiums - RamblinRedWolf - 06-07-2021 04:27 AM

(06-06-2021 03:34 PM)Ewglenn Wrote:  
(06-06-2021 03:26 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  
(06-05-2021 05:02 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  I think southern actually has a damn good looking stadium-it’s nothing too fancy but still looks cozy yet solid sidelines.

10) ULM
9) Ga. State
8) Louisiana
7) Ga. Southern
6) Coastal
5) Arkansas State
4) Troy
3) App State
2) South Alabama
1) Texas State

Just my opinion

10) Ga State
09) Louisiana
08) ULM
07) Ga Southern
06) Coastal
05) Astate
04) Texas State
03) App State
02) Troy
01) South Al

It’s the worst for me because for the weird remaining seats. However, when they remove the unused seating it will jump up quite a bit for me. ULM is terrible.

If and when they remove the upper decks I think it’ll certainly improve for me (their video board is awesome). Malone Stadium at least has an interesting look to it the way it is designed and laid out (Cajun Stadium is just really bland).

RE: Video of all Sun Belt stadiums - eaglewraith - 06-07-2021 12:14 PM

(06-06-2021 11:56 PM)GSUALUM17 Wrote:  never realized how many stadiums in this conference dug football fields below street level. Troy did the best job of hiding it. not as obvious from plain sight.

Go look at the Yale Bowl.

That influence is pretty long lasting.

Also it's easier to dig down to support the structure. Also keeps it from bloating in size due to everything required to support it above ground level.

RE: Video of all Sun Belt stadiums - 111App - 06-07-2021 06:17 PM

Could have sworn stAte had waterfalls

RE: Video of all Sun Belt stadiums - Saint3333 - 06-07-2021 08:21 PM

(06-07-2021 06:17 PM)111App Wrote:  Could have sworn stAte had waterfalls

When we go after a red wolves recruit do we blast TLC on the tour of the stadium?

RE: Video of all Sun Belt stadiums - AppinSC - 06-08-2021 05:06 AM

(06-07-2021 06:17 PM)111App Wrote:  Could have sworn stAte had waterfalls

I think that they do have waterfalls. However, the lights are apparently burned out. 05-stirthepot

RE: Video of all Sun Belt stadiums - RedMan - 06-08-2021 06:29 AM

Please enjoy Centennial Bank Stadium and how it looked many years ago. Everyone else got to look their best and they show stAte's stadium from basically 1970. See the north side of the stadium where a dirt pad was laid out? That is now the home of a completely enclosed full size indoor practice stadium. See the new north end zone? No, because they failed to show it. It's a state of the art faciitty housing offices, players dressing areas, entainment, meeting areas, barber shop, etc, etc..See the 1970'era tower? It's long gone. Replaced years ago with a new five story tower sitting from one end zone to the other and housing luxury seating area's and all the amenities that one would expect. Too much not seen to call this our stadium. Thanks a lot to Keith and the SBC for all that you have done in showing off our roughly $70 million additions and not even sure that number includes the nice water falls found today.