CSNbbs
NCAA Baseball Tournament - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Rice (/forum-444.html)
+----- Thread: NCAA Baseball Tournament (/thread-923165.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: NCAA Baseball Tournament - Musicowl1965 - 06-26-2021 01:24 PM

(06-26-2021 11:25 AM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  
(06-26-2021 10:57 AM)Musicowl1965 Wrote:  
(06-26-2021 08:06 AM)cr11owl Wrote:  
(06-26-2021 07:49 AM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  
(06-26-2021 07:23 AM)Tiki Owl Wrote:  I think the Head Coach’s statement will give you a clue.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vanderbilt/2021/06/25/nc-state-coach-covid-19-vaccines-indoctrinate-cws-vanderbilt/5352913001/

Quote: “My job is to teach them baseball, make sure they get an education and keep them on the right track forward,” Avent said. “But I don’t try to indoctrinate my kids with my values or my opinions. Obviously, we talk about a lot of things, but these are young men that can make their own decisions. And that’s what they did.”

Really tough break for the Wolfpack. We weren’t in the semifinals, but obviously our women suffered the same fate in volleyball.

There’s a lot of moving parts in hosting these tournaments, so I get that it isn’t simple to delay a number of games the required amount of time for people to get over the infection, but I wish they could.

The NCAA is run by idiots, but shutting down a semifinal game because vaccinated 20 year old kids who play their game outdoors at a distance
is unbelievably stupid (also the NC state players should’ve just been vaccinated to avoid the stupid testing rules). Can’t imagine what the people who write these rules would think if they walked into a bar/store/restaurant in the south somewhere.

Not any better at a national level though, our own government doesn’t accept the CDC vaccine card as sufficient to re-enter the US.

x1000" Idiots is a KIND word. 4 VACCINATED players tested POSITIVE and were not allowed to play (so I guess vaxing didn't help them). In fact, all the players that were prevented from playing on Friday tested NEGATIVE prior and just before the game and still were not allowed to play. They got the honor of watching in their hotel rooms. If VACCINATED players can test positive same us unvaccinated then maybe the problem is the TESTING. So those that say, "should've been vaccinated to avoid this scenario" are ill informed since our testing is so accurate that a vaccinated person can test positive or negative depending on which way the wind is blowing that day!!!! Entire CWS is now tainted no matter who wins. Assign an ASTERISK to whoever wins. Thank you NCAA!!! Morons

Not sure where the “so I guess vaxing didn’t help them” comment comes from. Haven’t seen any indication about how sick or asymptomatic any of the players are. But I’d guess that the unvaxxed players were actually showing symptoms/sick whereas the vaccinated players weren’t (so likely that the vaccines helped reduce severity of infection).

I’m wondering what the testing protocol is for other major sport bodies (NBA, olympics, etc) and how NCAA compares.

+/-1/2 the team was vaccinated. 4 of the 6 positive tests were from vaccinated players (unsure if symptomatic). Many of the 13 unvaccinated showed no symptoms and, in fact, tested negative later in the day but were still not allowed on the field. So, if you are removed with a positive test it doesn't matter if you were vaccinated or not. If vaccinated player tests positive and unvaccinated player tests positive and both are removed what's the point. Testing determines who plays regardless of vaccination. So, tell me the benefits of vaccination in this scenario. Not anti-vax here as I think vaccination is the way to go but in this case it didn't matter. As I saw earlier let's let 40,000 people (unknown vaccination status) in to watch the game but not 27 healthy players on the field. HYPOCRITES!!! Give me the money and we'll let you watch the games we'll allow. Obviously being sarcastic but hopefully you get my point.

RE: NCAA Baseball Tournament - RiceLad15 - 06-26-2021 02:15 PM

(06-26-2021 01:24 PM)Musicowl1965 Wrote:  
(06-26-2021 07:49 AM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  Really tough break for the Wolfpack. We weren’t in the semifinals, but obviously our women suffered the same fate in volleyball.

There’s a lot of moving parts in hosting these tournaments, so I get that it isn’t simple to delay a number of games the required amount of time for people to get over the infection, but I wish they could.

The NCAA is run by idiots, but shutting down a semifinal game because vaccinated 20 year old kids who play their game outdoors at a distance
is unbelievably stupid (also the NC state players should’ve just been vaccinated to avoid the stupid testing rules). Can’t imagine what the people who write these rules would think if they walked into a bar/store/restaurant in the south somewhere.

Not any better at a national level though, our own government doesn’t accept the CDC vaccine card as sufficient to re-enter the US.

x1000" Idiots is a KIND word. 4 VACCINATED players tested POSITIVE and were not allowed to play (so I guess vaxing didn't help them). In fact, all the players that were prevented from playing on Friday tested NEGATIVE prior and just before the game and still were not allowed to play. They got the honor of watching in their hotel rooms. If VACCINATED players can test positive same us unvaccinated then maybe the problem is the TESTING. So those that say, "should've been vaccinated to avoid this scenario" are ill informed since our testing is so accurate that a vaccinated person can test positive or negative depending on which way the wind is blowing that day!!!! Entire CWS is now tainted no matter who wins. Assign an ASTERISK to whoever wins. Thank you NCAA!!! Morons

Not sure where the “so I guess vaxing didn’t help them” comment comes from. Haven’t seen any indication about how sick or asymptomatic any of the players are. But I’d guess that the unvaxxed players were actually showing symptoms/sick whereas the vaccinated players weren’t (so likely that the vaccines helped reduce severity of infection).

I’m wondering what the testing protocol is for other major sport bodies (NBA, olympics, etc) and how NCAA compares.

+/-1/2 the team was vaccinated. 4 of the 6 positive tests were from vaccinated players (unsure if symptomatic). Many of the 13 unvaccinated showed no symptoms and, in fact, tested negative later in the day but were still not allowed on the field. So, if you are removed with a positive test it doesn't matter if you were vaccinated or not. If vaccinated player tests positive and unvaccinated player tests positive and both are removed what's the point. Testing determines who plays regardless of vaccination. So, tell me the benefits of vaccination in this scenario. Not anti-vax here as I think vaccination is the way to go but in this case it didn't matter. As I saw earlier let's let 40,000 people (unknown vaccination status) in to watch the game but not 27 healthy players on the field. HYPOCRITES!!! Give me the money and we'll let you watch the games we'll allow. Obviously being sarcastic but hopefully you get my point.

Ah, I see you’re talking about the benefits of vaccination with respect to playing eligibility, and not health outcomes.

From an eligibility perspective, it sounds like the NCAA was only doing initial testing of unvaccinated players, and only went to vaccinated players once a positive case was ID’d.

RE: NCAA Baseball Tournament - Texasowl - 06-26-2021 05:07 PM

I wonder how long this stupidity will go on. Might as well be tested for flu and cold also. NCS should have played anyway and tell the NCAA to go to hell.

RE: NCAA Baseball Tournament - Tomball Owl - 06-26-2021 05:31 PM

(06-26-2021 01:24 PM)Musicowl1965 Wrote:  
(06-26-2021 07:49 AM)RiceLad15 Wrote:  Really tough break for the Wolfpack. We weren’t in the semifinals, but obviously our women suffered the same fate in volleyball.

I wonder if the folks that bought tickets to the 2nd Vandy vs NCSt game will get their money back?

RE: NCAA Baseball Tournament - Owl 69/70/75 - 06-26-2021 07:12 PM

Geopolitical analyst George Friedman, in his latest book, THE STORM BEFORE THE CALM, postulates that the USA is in the midst of a conflict between experts and common sense. Nowhere is that more apparent than in our struggle with COVID-19.

RE: NCAA Baseball Tournament - Tomball Owl - 06-26-2021 08:53 PM

MSSt walks it off vs UT.

HBP, stolen base, rbi single. 4-3.

All SEC final (with an *).

RE: NCAA Baseball Tournament - Almadenmike - 06-26-2021 08:53 PM

'Horns lose, 4-3, in B9 on a 1-out HBP, SB by the pinch runner, and RBI single to left-center.

CWS final will be All-SEC (Vandy vs. Miss. St.)

RE: NCAA Baseball Tournament - waltgreenberg - 06-26-2021 10:16 PM

(06-26-2021 08:53 PM)Almadenmike Wrote:  'Horns lose, 4-3, in B9 on a 1-out HBP, SB by the pinch runner, and RBI single to left-center.

CWS final will be All-SEC (Vandy vs. Miss. St.)

And the RBI "single" in the gap was hit by the #9 batting SS (hitting .225), who was brought in for defensive purposes.

RE: NCAA Baseball Tournament - westsidewolf1989 - 06-26-2021 11:34 PM

Will definitely be pulling for Miss State in this one.

RE: NCAA Baseball Tournament - Almadenmike - 06-27-2021 02:38 AM

(06-26-2021 11:34 PM)westsidewolf1989 Wrote:  Will definitely be pulling for Miss State in this one.

Personally, I'm not a fan of their cowbell racket ... and our Liberty Bowl loss to them. Plus a Rice classmate worked at the Vandy Med Center, a good friend for their research communications group and several cousins are alums. :-)

RE: NCAA Baseball Tournament - tanqtonic - 06-27-2021 07:34 AM

Im a member of the 'anyone but the T-sips' fan club.

RE: NCAA Baseball Tournament - Tomball Owl - 06-27-2021 10:42 AM

(06-27-2021 07:34 AM)tanqtonic Wrote:  Im a member of the 'anyone but the T-sips' fan club.

+1!

Always good to see the horns, and their entitled fans, sent home.

I also am no fan of the cowbells, and I think Vandy was handed a free pass, so I guess I'm rooting for rain.

RE: NCAA Baseball Tournament - waltgreenberg - 06-27-2021 03:45 PM

I would favor the cow bells in this series. Yes, Vandy has Leiter and Rocker, but it's not as if MSU doesn't have strong pitching, as well, and MSU has the far, far superior offense.

RE: NCAA Baseball Tournament - Almadenmike - 06-28-2021 07:53 PM

(06-27-2021 03:45 PM)waltgreenberg Wrote:  I would favor the cow bells in this series. Yes, Vandy has Leiter and Rocker, but it's not as if MSU doesn't have strong pitching, as well, and MSU has the far, far superior offense.

When the Bulldogs' pitchers weren't walking or hitting Vandy's batters in B1, they were pitching batting practice.

7-1, Commodores ... after 1

MSU's starter was the starting first pitcher in CWS finals history not to last the 1st inning!

RE: NCAA Baseball Tournament - Tomball Owl - 06-28-2021 08:40 PM

(06-28-2021 07:53 PM)Almadenmike Wrote:  
(06-27-2021 03:45 PM)waltgreenberg Wrote:  I would favor the cow bells in this series. Yes, Vandy has Leiter and Rocker, but it's not as if MSU doesn't have strong pitching, as well, and MSU has the far, far superior offense.

When the Bulldogs' pitchers weren't walking or hitting Vandy's batters in B1, they were pitching batting practice.

MSU's starter was the starting first pitcher in CWS finals history not to last the 1st inning!

MSSt starter gave up 6 runs on 2 hits, 2 walks, 2 HBPs in 2/3 of an inning. Ouch!

RE: NCAA Baseball Tournament - waltgreenberg - 06-28-2021 09:28 PM

(06-28-2021 08:40 PM)Tomball Owl Wrote:  

MSSt starter gave up 6 runs on 2 hits, 2 walks, 2 HBPs in 2/3 of an inning. Ouch!

He's their #4 starter, I believe. Vandy had the advantage today because MSU's top two starters pitched Friday and Saturday. Vandy can't hit against even decent pitching. I'd give the edge to MSU tomorrow, even with Rocker on the mound for Vandy. That extra day of rest, thanks to the forfeit, really helped Vandy.

RE: NCAA Baseball Tournament - Owl Is In Chains - 06-28-2021 09:34 PM

I wonder what the NCAA would have done if NC St had beaten Vandy on Friday. Would they have cancelled the final series and awarded the trophy to Miss St? Would they have looked at the money side of it and decided that NC St could play? I don't see how they could have let Vandy advance.

RE: NCAA Baseball Tournament - Almadenmike - 06-28-2021 09:59 PM

(06-28-2021 09:28 PM)waltgreenberg Wrote:  

He's their #4 starter, I believe. Vandy had the advantage today because MSU's top two starters pitched Friday and Saturday. Vandy can't hit against even decent pitching. I'd give the edge to MSU tomorrow, even with Rocker on the mound for Vandy. That extra day of rest, thanks to the forfeit, really helped Vandy.

Vandy wins, 8-2.

(ESPN announcers agreed that Rocker would not start Game 2.)

RE: NCAA Baseball Tournament - Musicowl1965 - 06-29-2021 08:48 AM

(06-28-2021 09:28 PM)waltgreenberg Wrote:  

Which is why this title will be tainted IMO. Vandy given the advantage allowing Leiter to pitch. Again, this is in no way the fault of Vandy is all they can do is play the game before them, but NCAA will have an asterisk on the champion this year whoever wins. Although, I'm kind of pulling for MS since at least they got there winning on the field against a stout Texas team.

RE: NCAA Baseball Tournament - Almadenmike - 06-29-2021 08:45 PM

I found it interesting that the NCAA published an article earlier today touting "The silver linings for Mississippi State in its 8-2 Game 1 loss against Vanderbilt."

The headline used the plural -- "linings" -- but I could see only one significant one in the article itself:

Quote:Four of the past five Game 1 losers ended up in a dogpile as national champions ... .(O)ne of victims of that trend was Vanderbilt, against Virginia in 2015.