CSNbbs
2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament (/thread-922987.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - bill dazzle - 06-22-2021 01:14 PM

(06-21-2021 11:40 PM)jdgaucho Wrote:  Now we'll find out, dazzle. I'm calling it before game time. Kumar Rocker will pitch against Stanford. 3 innings in relief.

I could see it, jdgaucho, as the game is as high stakes as possible. I'm not opposed to it. Will Tim Corbin do it ... ?

This is interesting.

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - Statefan - 06-22-2021 01:44 PM

(06-21-2021 08:46 PM)JRsec Wrote:  Stanford 14 Arizona 5

N.C. State 1 Vanderbilt 0

Each pitcher was phenomenal. The Wolfpack got 1 solo home run midway and made it hold up. Spectacular old fashioned defensive baseball game. Congratulations to the Wolfpack. Other than a sliding strike zone in the last 2 innings a great job by the umps as well.

N.C. State gets to rest. Vandy plays Stanford on Wednesday.

You saw that as well. 04-cheers

It's the first time in years I've seen a Pack team shrug that off - Freshmen is all I can figure.

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - bill dazzle - 06-22-2021 02:15 PM

(06-22-2021 01:44 PM)Statefan Wrote:  
(06-21-2021 08:46 PM)JRsec Wrote:  Stanford 14 Arizona 5

N.C. State 1 Vanderbilt 0

Each pitcher was phenomenal. The Wolfpack got 1 solo home run midway and made it hold up. Spectacular old fashioned defensive baseball game. Congratulations to the Wolfpack. Other than a sliding strike zone in the last 2 innings a great job by the umps as well.

N.C. State gets to rest. Vandy plays Stanford on Wednesday.

You saw that as well. 04-cheers

It's the first time in years I've seen a Pack team shrug that off - Freshmen is all I can figure.

My sister is an N.C. State grad, so if Vanderbilt can't win it all, our family will be pulling for the Pack.

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - dbackjon - 06-22-2021 02:18 PM

The UT Elimination Game is on now. UT is up 4-2 over UT

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - jdgaucho - 06-22-2021 03:39 PM

Horns up 8-4 over the Volunteers going to the top of the 7th inning.

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - bullet - 06-22-2021 06:01 PM

(06-22-2021 03:39 PM)jdgaucho Wrote:  Horns up 8-4 over the Volunteers going to the top of the 7th inning.

That's the final.

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - quo vadis - 06-22-2021 10:12 PM

As of the end of Tuesday

So in the top bracket we have unbeaten NC State.

On Friday, they will play the winner of tomorrow's Vanderbilt vs Stanford game.

In the bottom bracket we have unbeaten Mississippi State.

On Friday, they will play the winner of Thursday's Texas vs Virginia game.

If Mississippi State or NC State win their next game, they advance to the finals. If they lose, they will play that team they just lost to again on Saturday, with the winner advancing to the finals.

So at this point, an NC State vs Mississippi State final is very likely.

Arizona and Tennessee have been eliminated.

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - bill dazzle - 06-22-2021 10:36 PM

I watched the last few innings of the Virginia vs. Miss State game (congrats to the Bulldogs).

A few thoughts regarding the College World Series in general:

* The remaining trio of UVa, MSU and Texas in the one bracket seems a tad stronger than the collective threesome of NCST, Vandy and Stanford in the other. But maybe I'm wrong.

* Both the SEC (which got nine teams in the tourney) and the ACC (which landed eight) need one team in the finals (in theory, both could get two) so as to further validate the strong seasons the two leagues enjoyed. For either league to get zero would be a bit of a disappointment.

* I've been impressed with the overall quality of play (hitting, pitching, base-running and fielding).

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - jdgaucho - 06-23-2021 09:38 PM

(06-22-2021 01:14 PM)bill dazzle Wrote:  
(06-21-2021 11:40 PM)jdgaucho Wrote:  Now we'll find out, dazzle. I'm calling it before game time. Kumar Rocker will pitch against Stanford. 3 innings in relief.

I could see it, jdgaucho, as the game is as high stakes as possible. I'm not opposed to it. Will Tim Corbin do it ... ?

This is interesting.

I was wrong. Kumar did not pitch vs Stanford

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - jdgaucho - 06-23-2021 09:40 PM

Vanderbilt eliminates Stanford 6-5. Commodores score twice with two outs in the bottom of the 9th inning, capped off with a Stanford wild pitch.

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - JRsec - 06-23-2021 09:44 PM

(06-23-2021 09:40 PM)jdgaucho Wrote:  Vanderbilt eliminates Stanford 6-5. Commodores score twice with two outs in the bottom of the 9th inning, capped off with a Stanford wild pitch.

Vanderbilt through errors says, "I don't want it, you can have it."
Stanford through a total choke says, "No! It's too hot for me!"

Talk about pulling one out of your bung hole when you didn't deserve it! Just dayumn!

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - quo vadis - 06-23-2021 09:57 PM

So Stanford is gone. Down to five.

NC State vs Vandy. Vandy must beat them twice or State advances to final.

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - bill dazzle - 06-23-2021 10:07 PM

In some respects, we didn't deserve this one. Some fumbling and bumbling early in the game. Beck (the Stanford pitcher) was outstanding until the end. I'm sure he feels terrible and you have to give the young man credit for a strong effort. I thought going into the game (as did my father), and as JDGaucho had predicted, that Corbin might pitch Rocker. Now KR is fully rested for Friday.

It's Vanderbilt vs. N.C. State for the chance to advance to the finals. As some of you now know ... this will be a "family affair" game. My sister is an N.C. State grad but her son is a VU student and our brother is a VU instructor.

May the best team win.

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - quo vadis - 06-24-2021 08:14 AM

(06-23-2021 10:07 PM)bill dazzle Wrote:  In some respects, we didn't deserve this one. Some fumbling and bumbling early in the game. Beck (the Stanford pitcher) was outstanding until the end. I'm sure he feels terrible and you have to give the young man credit for a strong effort. I thought going into the game (as did my father), and as JDGaucho had predicted, that Corbin might pitch Rocker. Now KR is fully rested for Friday.

It's Vanderbilt vs. N.C. State for the chance to advance to the finals. As some of you now know ... this will be a "family affair" game. My sister is an N.C. State grad but her son is a VU student and our brother is a VU instructor.

May the best team win.

The deck is obviously stacked against Vandy, you have to beat NC State twice, and State is playing magical baseball right now, they just have the look of the team that will win it.

At tall order, but you're still alive, and that's what matters right now.

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - bill dazzle - 06-24-2021 08:22 AM

(06-24-2021 08:14 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(06-23-2021 10:07 PM)bill dazzle Wrote:  In some respects, we didn't deserve this one. Some fumbling and bumbling early in the game. Beck (the Stanford pitcher) was outstanding until the end. I'm sure he feels terrible and you have to give the young man credit for a strong effort. I thought going into the game (as did my father), and as JDGaucho had predicted, that Corbin might pitch Rocker. Now KR is fully rested for Friday.

May the best team win.

The deck is obviously stacked against Vandy, you have to beat NC State twice, and State is playing magical baseball right now, they just have the look of the team that will win it.

Agree, Quo. My father tapped N.C. State as the team to beat in Omaha. He watched all three Pack super regional games against Arkansas and made some interesting observations about chemistry and coaching that suggested NCST could win it all. Pops knows baseball. He's sticking with NCST to take the title but is pulling for VU.

But as you correctly note: It will be VERY tough for VU to beat State two times.

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - JRsec - 06-24-2021 11:00 AM

(06-24-2021 08:22 AM)bill dazzle Wrote:  

May the best team win.

Agree, Quo. My father tapped N.C. State as the team to beat in Omaha. He watched all three Pack super regional games against Arkansas and made some interesting observations about chemistry and coaching that suggested NCST could win it all. Pops knows baseball. He's sticking with NCST to take the title but is pulling for VU.

But as you correctly note: It will be VERY tough for VU to beat State two times.

State will have to face both of Vandy's top pitching prospects again. Rocker and Leiter will be ready and that's a tall order too. The edge I give to N.C. State is at the plate. Right now they have the most consistent hitting of any of them followed by Miss St who doesn't have the starters of Vandy but has the deepest pen of anyone.

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - bill dazzle - 06-24-2021 11:51 AM

(06-24-2021 11:00 AM)JRsec Wrote:  

May the best team win.

State will have to face both of Vandy's top pitching prospects again. Rocker and Leiter will be ready and that's a tall order too. The edge I give to N.C. State is at the plate. Right now they have the most consistent hitting of any of them followed by Miss St who doesn't have the starters of Vandy but has the deepest pen of anyone.

I agree on all counts.

The safe pick is NCST vs. Miss State in the finals.

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - ken d - 06-24-2021 07:06 PM

(06-24-2021 11:00 AM)JRsec Wrote:  

May the best team win.

I seem to recall that the adage in baseball is that good pitching will beat good hitting. I got 25 to 1 odds on the Dodgers to sweep the Yankees in the 1963 World Series. Sandy Koufax, Don Drysdale and Johnny Podres held the Yankees to six runs in four games and won me a week's salary. I'm not counting Vandy out.

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - bullet - 06-24-2021 09:19 PM

Because of weather, Texas-Virginia doesn't start until 10:45 eastern. The winner then plays Mississippi St. at 7 pm Friday.

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - jdgaucho - 06-25-2021 01:02 AM

Texas eliminates Virginia 6-2.