CSNbbs
2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament (/thread-922987.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - BePcr07 - 06-17-2021 09:23 AM

College World Series Bracket

Bracket A

#9 Stanford vs North Carolina St
#4 Vanderbilt vs #5 Arizona

Bracket B

#3 Tennessee vs Virginia
#2 Texas vs #7 Mississippi St

---

I don't think anyone can discount both Tennessee schools. My money is on either of the schools bringing home the title.

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - jdgaucho - 06-19-2021 01:01 PM

TCU promotes their pitching coach Kirk Saarloos as their next head coach.

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - jdgaucho - 06-19-2021 01:03 PM

Hawaii hires USD's Rich Hill as their next head coach.

https://hawaiiathletics.com/news/2021/6/18/rich-hill-tabbed-as-third-ever-baseball-head-coach.aspx

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - ken d - 06-19-2021 01:15 PM

(06-17-2021 09:23 AM)BePcr07 Wrote:  College World Series Bracket

Bracket A

#9 Stanford vs North Carolina St
#4 Vanderbilt vs #5 Arizona

Bracket B

#3 Tennessee vs Virginia
#2 Texas vs #7 Mississippi St

---

I don't think anyone can discount both Tennessee schools. My money is on either of the schools bringing home the title.

Let the games begin!

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - jdgaucho - 06-19-2021 05:44 PM

NC State opens the 2021 College World Series with a 10-4 win over Stanford.

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - bill dazzle - 06-19-2021 05:50 PM

I watched some of the first six innings. NCST looked very solid.

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - JRsec - 06-20-2021 09:16 AM

Vanderbilt 7 Arizona 6 in 12 innings. A rough start for the PAC 12.

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - bill dazzle - 06-20-2021 09:47 AM

(06-20-2021 09:16 AM)JRsec Wrote:  Vanderbilt 7 Arizona 6 in 12 innings. A rough start for the PAC 12.

Some very questionable strategic moves/decisions from both coaching staffs. Zona is quite good and could have easily beaten VU.

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - jdgaucho - 06-20-2021 11:12 AM

Vanderbilt gets NC State in the winners bracket. Arizona and Stanford in an elimination game.

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - JRsec - 06-20-2021 11:47 AM

(06-20-2021 09:47 AM)bill dazzle Wrote:  
(06-20-2021 09:16 AM)JRsec Wrote:  Vanderbilt 7 Arizona 6 in 12 innings. A rough start for the PAC 12.

Some very questionable strategic moves/decisions from both coaching staffs. Zona is quite good and could have easily beaten VU.

Since we are stating the obvious, it is the CWS final 8 so they are all quite good, and since the game went 12 full innings of course either team could have won. Extraneous coaching decisions aside the depth of Vandy's bullpen was pushed deep enough to reveal that advantage. Both schools could have won it in regulation, obviously, but it is baseball, and therefore like life is filled with greatness and error, fate and routine, and each day destiny deals a different hand. And since no fate is determined by finite time it is divine in that both sides get an equal chance. And as George Carlin once pointed out it is the only game where the boundary lines extend beyond the outfield fence to infinity. All other sports are played with finite boundaries limited by humanity's imagination and governed by a clock more or less manipulated by events.

Baseball is unique, literally timeless, combines the greatness and flaws of both individual and team play, and is ultimately fair, except for video review. Until video review both sides were equally subjected to the human error of umpires, which isn't that severe. Now they are subject to the frame by frame judgement rendered not over all play but subjective plays and then remotely. I'll take the real speed judgment as being fair because it is equally distributed instead of selectively enforced. It doesn't surprise me however that Satan has insinuated himself into God's game through arbitrary enforcement of rules. Such is how Paradise fell!

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - bill dazzle - 06-20-2021 01:16 PM

(06-20-2021 11:47 AM)JRsec Wrote:  

Since we are stating the obvious, it is the CWS final 8 so they are all quite good, and since the game went 12 full innings of course either team could have won. Extraneous coaching decisions aside the depth of Vandy's bullpen was pushed deep enough to reveal that advantage. Both schools could have won it in regulation, obviously, but it is baseball, and therefore like life is filled with greatness and error, fate and routine, and each day destiny deals a different hand. And since no fate is determined by finite time it is divine in that both sides get an equal chance. And as George Carlin once pointed out it is the only game where the boundary lines extend beyond the outfield fence to infinity. All other sports are played with finite boundaries limited by humanity's imagination and governed by a clock more or less manipulated by events.

Baseball is unique, literally timeless, combines the greatness and flaws of both individual and team play, and is ultimately fair, except for video review. Until video review both sides were equally subjected to the human error of umpires, which isn't that severe. Now they are subject to the frame by frame judgement rendered not over all play but subjective plays and then remotely. I'll take the real speed judgment as being fair because it is equally distributed instead of selectively enforced. It doesn't surprise me however that Satan has insinuated himself into God's game through arbitrary enforcement of rules. Such is how Paradise fell!

My father agrees fully with you on the VU pitching rotation depth.

And the George Carlin reference ... you never fail to deliver, my good man. Dazzy can now leave his modest-sized condo and take on this sunny Sunday with a smile on his face.

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - jdgaucho - 06-20-2021 02:50 PM

(06-20-2021 01:16 PM)bill dazzle Wrote:  

And the George Carlin reference ... you never fail to deliver, my good man. Dazzy can now leave his modest-sized condo and take on this sunny Sunday with a smile on his face.

One thing about the CWS double elimination format. There's a day off between games, at least initially. By winning the first game Vandy essentially ensured that Rocker will pitch again in Omaha. And he ain't giving up 5 runs in consecutive starts.

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - JRsec - 06-20-2021 08:56 PM

Virginia 6 Tennessee 0

A 1-0 game until late when Virginia broke it open.

Mississippi State 2 Texas 1

A combined CWS record for strikeouts with 2 dominant pitching performances.

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - jdgaucho - 06-20-2021 09:02 PM

Virginia meets Mississippi State in the winners bracket. Tennessee and Texas in an elimination game.

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - bill dazzle - 06-20-2021 09:44 PM

(06-20-2021 02:50 PM)jdgaucho Wrote:  

One thing about the CWS double elimination format. There's a day off between games, at least initially. By winning the first game Vandy essentially ensured that Rocker will pitch again in Omaha. And he ain't giving up 5 runs in consecutive starts.

On that theme ... could VU pitch Rocker in Game 3 Wednesday if VU loses to NCST on Monday? I've discussed this with a few folks and we strongly tend to think Tim Corbin would not opt for that strategy. Seems too risky.

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - jdgaucho - 06-20-2021 10:24 PM

(06-20-2021 09:44 PM)bill dazzle Wrote:  
(06-20-2021 09:47 AM)bill dazzle Wrote:  Some very questionable strategic moves/decisions from both coaching staffs. Zona is quite good and could have easily beaten VU.

On that theme ... could VU pitch Rocker in Game 3 Wednesday if VU loses to NCST on Monday? I've discussed this with a few folks and we strongly tend to think Tim Corbin would not opt for that strategy. Seems too risky.

They could. I think Rocker would be available to pitch, even if not as a starter.

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - bill dazzle - 06-20-2021 10:55 PM

(06-20-2021 10:24 PM)jdgaucho Wrote:  
(06-20-2021 09:44 PM)bill dazzle Wrote:  
(06-20-2021 11:47 AM)JRsec Wrote:  Since we are stating the obvious, it is the CWS final 8 so they are all quite good, and since the game went 12 full innings of course either team could have won. Extraneous coaching decisions aside the depth of Vandy's bullpen was pushed deep enough to reveal that advantage. Both schools could have won it in regulation, obviously, but it is baseball, and therefore like life is filled with greatness and error, fate and routine, and each day destiny deals a different hand. And since no fate is determined by finite time it is divine in that both sides get an equal chance. And as George Carlin once pointed out it is the only game where the boundary lines extend beyond the outfield fence to infinity. All other sports are played with finite boundaries limited by humanity's imagination and governed by a clock more or less manipulated by events.

They could. I think Rocker would be available to pitch, even if not as a starter.

Rocker will have had a four-day rest by the time Game 3 rolls around. As such, he could pitch (at least some). But normally, he pitches only once every seven days (and under less high-stakes circumstances). If VU beats NCST Monday, Corbin will surely save Rocker (not pitching him in Game 3) in case the 'Dores have to play a fourth game to reach the finals. Interesting scenarios.

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - JRsec - 06-21-2021 08:46 PM

Stanford 14 Arizona 5

N.C. State 1 Vanderbilt 0

Each pitcher was phenomenal. The Wolfpack got 1 solo home run midway and made it hold up. Spectacular old fashioned defensive baseball game. Congratulations to the Wolfpack. Other than a sliding strike zone in the last 2 innings a great job by the umps as well.

N.C. State gets to rest. Vandy plays Stanford on Wednesday.

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - bill dazzle - 06-21-2021 08:50 PM

Outstanding pitching from both teams. N.C. State won and I give full credit. Vandy now has to win three straight. Will not be easy.

RE: 2021 NCAA Baseball Tournament - jdgaucho - 06-21-2021 11:40 PM

Now we'll find out, dazzle. I'm calling it before game time. Kumar Rocker will pitch against Stanford. 3 innings in relief.