CSNbbs
I lost my friend that i go to games with today. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: I lost my friend that i go to games with today. (/thread-922010.html)

I lost my friend that i go to games with today. - BearcatDave - 05-12-2021 09:44 AM

I found out today that i lost my friend. He struggled with Covid for about a month and passed away in Cincinnati.

He was only 43. We went to numerous games over the years on campus at UC.

He was with me when we saw UC play in Columbus against Illinois in the tournament. It was a rough loss, but seeing UAB handle UK was great. We were driving down the highway (we thought UK would win in the end) when we heard UAB win..

We went to see UC play UK in Indianapolis in the tournament for Huggins final game.

I have moved away a few times.. to Boston, to Chicago and now back to Ohio and Columbus. Haven't been to many games at all these last several years.

It will never be the same at a game again. RIP Greg. I feel so bad for his family. Am great friends with his older brother who I knew first from high school.

RE: I lost my friend that i go to games with today. - bearcatmark - 05-12-2021 09:47 AM

(05-12-2021 09:44 AM)BearcatDave Wrote:  I found out today that i lost my friend. He struggled with Covid for about a month and passed away in Cincinnati.

He was with me when we saw UC play in Columbus against Illinois in the tournament. It was a rough loss, but seeing UAB handle UK was great. We were driving down the highway (we thought UK would win in the end) when we heard UAB win..

We went to see UC play UK in Indianapolis in the tournament for Huggins final game.

I have moved away a few times.. to Boston, to Chicago and now back to Ohio and Columbus. Haven't been to many games at all these last several years.

It will never be the same at a game again. RIP Greg. I feel so bad for his family. Am great friends with his older brother who I knew first from high school.

Damn. So sorry to hear this. That's brutal.

RE: I lost my friend that i go to games with today. - dubcat14 - 05-12-2021 09:49 AM

sorry for your loss. I’m much younger than you but I have a core group of friends I go to games with and have ever since we were students. Its hard in the moment, but I always try to remember to cherish these times we have because life will soon catch up to us. Stay strong and know you have you Bearcats family to help you through.

RE: I lost my friend that i go to games with today. - namrag - 05-12-2021 09:51 AM

Condolences.

43 is way too young.

RE: I lost my friend that i go to games with today. - BearcatMan - 05-12-2021 09:58 AM

Sorry for your loss Dave...

RE: I lost my friend that i go to games with today. - bearcatdp - 05-12-2021 10:00 AM

(05-12-2021 09:44 AM)BearcatDave Wrote:  I found out today that i lost my friend. He struggled with Covid for about a month and passed away in Cincinnati.

I'm really sorry to hear this Dave. This is terrible. There is never a "good" age for something like this but 43 is way too young. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Greg's family.

RE: I lost my friend that i go to games with today. - CliftonAve - 05-12-2021 10:08 AM

Echoing everyone’s sentiment here... this sucks.

RE: I lost my friend that i go to games with today. - OKIcat - 05-12-2021 10:22 AM

We all say "too young" as we always consider ourselves "young" and somewhat immortal but without question age 43 is the prime of life and this is truly tragic. My condolences as well to you and to your friend's family from this fellow Bearcat.

RE: I lost my friend that i go to games with today. - BearcatDave - 05-12-2021 10:48 AM

Thanks everyone. The last text i talked to him, he mentioned how he would run into Terry Nelson all the time at a store in Western Hills.
Greg was a vendor that did business with this particular grocery store. He said what a great guy Terry is and how he is always willing to talk Bearcat basketball.

Very hard to process.

RE: I lost my friend that i go to games with today. - BigDawg - 05-12-2021 10:50 AM

So sorry for your loss! Thoughts and prayers being sent!

RE: I lost my friend that i go to games with today. - BomberMan - 05-12-2021 12:25 PM

Sorry to hear of this.

RE: I lost my friend that i go to games with today. - Z-Fly - 05-12-2021 01:26 PM

Sorry for your loss Dave. That's really unfortunate.

It really hits home. I go to games with my brother. Basically, it's the only time I see him. If I lost that, I would be devastated.

RE: I lost my friend that i go to games with today. - crex043 - 05-12-2021 03:45 PM

Very sorry for your loss. May you have peace and understanding and cherish the good memories.

RE: I lost my friend that i go to games with today. - doss2 - 05-12-2021 06:28 PM

RIP, remember the good times.

RE: I lost my friend that i go to games with today. - Nobones - 05-12-2021 06:32 PM

Sorry for your loss. Prayers to you and his family.

RE: I lost my friend that i go to games with today. - rath v2.0 - 05-12-2021 07:24 PM

Sorry to hear, Dave. I’ll happily attend a game any time with you as an entirely lacking replacement.

RE: I lost my friend that i go to games with today. - Ring of Black - 05-13-2021 08:08 PM

Dave, I'm very sorry for your loss.

RE: I lost my friend that i go to games with today. - bearcat54 - 05-16-2021 03:28 PM

(05-12-2021 09:47 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  

Damn. So sorry to hear this. That's brutal.

sorry about the loss of your friend, Dave. You've always been a true bearcat fan. Prayers for your loss.

RE: I lost my friend that i go to games with today. - back2vinyl - 05-17-2021 03:38 PM

Similar thing happened to me in 2012. We had been going to games regularly since we met in college. He was only 44 when he lost his battle with cancer. Sadly, I've only been to a handful of games since. Sorry to hear about your loss, and I hope you find someone to go to games with.

RE: I lost my friend that i go to games with today. - SeniorBearcat - 05-17-2021 04:08 PM

I’m sorry for your loss Dave. Been a tough year for many families...prayers for you and Greg’s family.