CSNbbs
Let's Lighten The Mood a Little - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Team Talk (/forum-432.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+----- Thread: Let's Lighten The Mood a Little (/thread-921887.html)

Pages: 1 2

Let's Lighten The Mood a Little - Monarchblue - 05-10-2021 11:55 AM

If you could do one sports related thing in your life what would it be?

For me, it would be trotting in from the bullpen and taking the mound as a closer, entrance music blaring, crowd going crazy, and pitching the 9th. Of course I would obviously get destroyed and blow the game, but who cares, I would be pumped.

RE: Let's Lighten The Mood a Little - ODUCoach - 05-10-2021 12:07 PM

(05-10-2021 11:55 AM)Monarchblue Wrote:  If you could do one sports related thing in your life what would it be?

For me, it would be trotting in from the bullpen and taking the mound as a closer, entrance music blaring, crowd going crazy, and pitching the 9th. Of course I would obviously get destroyed and blow the game, but who cares, I would be pumped.

I'd love to stand over an 8 foot putt on the 18th green at Augusta National, with the Masters on the line.

There is a better chance that I'd literally throw up on my golf ball than actually make the putt, but the moment would be so sweet.

RE: Let's Lighten The Mood a Little - Monarchblue - 05-10-2021 12:12 PM

(05-10-2021 12:07 PM)ODUCoach Wrote:  
(05-10-2021 11:55 AM)Monarchblue Wrote:  If you could do one sports related thing in your life what would it be?

I'd love to stand over an 8 foot putt on the 18th green at Augusta National, with the Masters on the line.

There is a better chance that I'd literally throw up on my golf ball than actually make the putt, but the moment would be so sweet.

Yeah, I wouldn't be able to keep my knees steady enough to stand over the putt. Probably just fall on my face.

RE: Let's Lighten The Mood a Little - bit_9 - 05-10-2021 01:48 PM

I don't watch any racing, nascar, or anything but I did used to race SCCA Solo 2 and was into cars growing up. So I think driving in a F1 race in Italy would be absolutely amazing.

RE: Let's Lighten The Mood a Little - LetsGoODU - 05-10-2021 02:33 PM

NFL team owner all day

RE: Let's Lighten The Mood a Little - ODUDrunkard13 - 05-10-2021 02:54 PM

Good call. Would be nice if us regular joes could just play there once. Other dreams would be playing in The Open at St Andrews or the US Open at Pebble Beach, or the Waste Management open, solely for the chance to play the 16th (Stadium hole) with a packed house.

RE: Let's Lighten The Mood a Little - Chillie Willie - 05-10-2021 02:59 PM

Playing in the dodgeball world championship for Average Joe’s and being the last one left on the court. Holding the trophy with the whole thing shown on ESPN The Ocho. Great story, they should make a movie about it.

RE: Let's Lighten The Mood a Little - ODU AGGIE - 05-10-2021 04:46 PM

I would catch the winning TD pass in OT to put the Cowboys into the Super Bowl, and the pass would be thrown by Taylor Heinicke who was traded to Dallas by Washington. Oh -- and of course, the team we beat would be the WFT.

RE: Let's Lighten The Mood a Little - BigBlueMonarch - 05-10-2021 04:48 PM

I'd like to be Jeff Jones and take ODU to the NCAA tournament and win a game or two. Then I would log into here and flip everyone the bird. Since we are dreaming and all. Hahaha

Sent from my SM-G975U using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Let's Lighten The Mood a Little - NC ODUFan - 05-10-2021 07:43 PM

I'm less adventurous than you. I want a low stress 2 foot put for the win, and then slip on that green jacket.

RE: Let's Lighten The Mood a Little - jaybird44 - 05-10-2021 08:52 PM

(05-10-2021 07:43 PM)NC ODUFan Wrote:  

I'm less adventurous than you. I want a low stress 2 foot put for the win, and then slip on that green jacket.

Calling a game with ted and Dave

RE: Let's Lighten The Mood a Little - ODU True Blue - 05-12-2021 08:45 AM

Being the defensive lineman who knocks Tom Brady out of football.

RE: Let's Lighten The Mood a Little - webster - 05-12-2021 11:33 AM

Score the winning goal in a game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final.
Or even being the goalie that makes a last second save to clinch the cup would be sweet too.

RE: Let's Lighten The Mood a Little - ODUCoach - 05-12-2021 12:01 PM

This reminds me of another question: If you could be a 20th best player in the world at your sport, but no better, which sport would you choose? Without a doubt, I'd take the life of the 20th ranked PGA golfer.

RE: Let's Lighten The Mood a Little - ODU True Blue - 05-12-2021 01:37 PM

(05-12-2021 12:01 PM)ODUCoach Wrote:  This reminds me of another question: If you could be a 20th best player in the world at your sport, but no better, which sport would you choose? Without a doubt, I'd take the life of the 20th ranked PGA golfer.

Pitcher in MLB. Who has a career season in the final year of my contract.

RE: Let's Lighten The Mood a Little - ODUDrunkard13 - 05-12-2021 01:43 PM

(05-12-2021 12:01 PM)ODUCoach Wrote:  This reminds me of another question: If you could be a 20th best player in the world at your sport, but no better, which sport would you choose? Without a doubt, I'd take the life of the 20th ranked PGA golfer.

This is the answer. Traveling the world on private jets to resorts and country clubs during the best times of year to visit them. And you retain a decent level of anonymity to the general public at 20th in the OWGR while never having to really worry about money ever again and not risking serious long-term injuries. Tennis is about the only comparable sport concerning all three things but you have such a short career.

RE: Let's Lighten The Mood a Little - odu09 - 05-12-2021 03:06 PM

Unrealistic answer, if I knew I was going to be amazing, being a great soccer player would be pretty awesome. It's only the most popular sport in the world!

If I'm being perfectly realistic, being a backup QB would be pretty great. You get paid well and nobody expects much out of you when it's your turn to play.

RE: Let's Lighten The Mood a Little - odu09 - 05-12-2021 03:09 PM

Probably soccer again here. If playing in the premier league you'd likely be one of the better players on a top team, or one of the best players on a bottom half team.

RE: Let's Lighten The Mood a Little - Petey Hodge - 05-12-2021 05:10 PM

Me?

I'd be at any baseball game Justin Verlander's throwing at... and in the club box hitting on Kate!

[Image: kate-upton-justin-verlander.jpg]

RE: Let's Lighten The Mood a Little - AimHigher - 05-12-2021 05:42 PM

It would be to live in LaRussa shoes for the VT. Imagine coming off the bench being undersize and beating down one of the best college defensive coaches!