CSNbbs
Chandler And Jonathan Lawson Commit To Memphis - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Chandler And Jonathan Lawson Commit To Memphis (/thread-921010.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Chandler And Jonathan Lawson Commit To Memphis - rc0213 - 04-22-2021 11:46 AM

RE: Chandler And Jonathan Lawson Commit To Memphis - passat25 - 04-22-2021 12:09 PM

Penny hasn't still addressed the need of a good PG... I don't see the need for two Lawsons.. Man, I hope this thing works out.

RE: Chandler And Jonathan Lawson Commit To Memphis - Merrick - 04-22-2021 12:11 PM

(04-22-2021 12:09 PM)passat25 Wrote:  Penny hasn't still addressed the need of a good PG... I don't see the need for two Lawsons.. Man, I hope this thing works out.

03-lmfao

You'll see! Those Lawsons can PLAY!

04-rock

RE: Chandler And Jonathan Lawson Commit To Memphis - Mimi - 04-22-2021 12:13 PM

Team is going to be good

Yes, an elite or all conference caliber point guard would elevate the kids to being title contenders, kind of like EVERY good team in the country

Should that not occur, team can still be quite good news solid at the point between Lester, Alo and even Willams or Nolley helping to control the action

RE: Chandler And Jonathan Lawson Commit To Memphis - ImaTiger - 04-22-2021 12:20 PM

Penne lands a great class again! Dude can recruit... Dude can coach... Dude is a true blue Memphian.

Let the miserables go *****; I can't wait for next year.

RE: Chandler And Jonathan Lawson Commit To Memphis - aardWolf - 04-22-2021 12:28 PM

Here's what bothers me about it. The news break came from their uncle's tweet. Why not let the players be the ones to announce? It's a reminder that you're not just getting the players, but the whole Lawson family.

RE: Chandler And Jonathan Lawson Commit To Memphis - Oman - 04-22-2021 12:35 PM

(04-22-2021 12:28 PM)aardWolf Wrote:  Here's what bothers me about it. The news break came from their uncle's tweet. Why not let the players be the ones to announce? It's a reminder that you're not just getting the players, but the whole Lawson family.

true... but if anyone can judge the risk/reward of adding the Lawsons it's Penny... no one knows them better.

if he wants them, then great!

RE: Chandler And Jonathan Lawson Commit To Memphis - Merrick - 04-22-2021 12:37 PM

(04-22-2021 12:35 PM)Oman Wrote:  
(04-22-2021 12:28 PM)aardWolf Wrote:  Here's what bothers me about it. The news break came from their uncle's tweet. Why not let the players be the ones to announce? It's a reminder that you're not just getting the players, but the whole Lawson family.

true... but if anyone can judge the risk/reward of adding the Lawsons it's Penny... no one knows them better.

04-cheers

RE: Chandler And Jonathan Lawson Commit To Memphis - gusrob - 04-22-2021 12:48 PM

(04-22-2021 12:37 PM)Merrick Wrote:  

04-cheers

Exactly

RE: Chandler And Jonathan Lawson Commit To Memphis - PennyWise - 04-22-2021 01:03 PM

First of all, I like the team Penny is putting together for next season and I will keep my expectations to us beating teams we should beat, beating some teams we were supposed to lose to, and finally making it to the NCAA tourney. Anything beyond that is great and will be massive improvement to what we've had recently.

My only concern is the Lawson brothers are little bit of the same we had in DJ-type player. A wing player that is trying to make it to the NBA, but is on the slow-side and would rather shoot jumpers than to drive to the hoop and finish with authority. I hope they have a better motor and are more aggressive with the ball in their hands than what we've had. I'd be more willing to give Jonathan a pass this year bc he is just a freshman, but Chandler needs to bring it this year. I'm going to support them bc their success should equal Tigers success.

Go Tigers!

RE: Chandler And Jonathan Lawson Commit To Memphis - bbqtiger - 04-22-2021 01:03 PM

(04-22-2021 12:48 PM)gusrob Wrote:  

04-cheers

Exactly

100% Agreement here.

04-cheers

RE: Chandler And Jonathan Lawson Commit To Memphis - gotigers1 - 04-22-2021 01:34 PM

(04-22-2021 01:03 PM)bbqtiger Wrote:  
(04-22-2021 12:48 PM)gusrob Wrote:  

04-cheers

Exactly

100% Agreement here.

04-cheers

Penny won't let Daddy Lawson run the show like he did the last time he was here.

RE: Chandler And Jonathan Lawson Commit To Memphis - SeƱorTiger - 04-22-2021 01:49 PM

I really believe at this point that Penny has really started to figure out and understand the importance of recruits mentalities and how they approach the game, their teammates, aspirations, etc. Given that, I trust that if he brings players onto the team then he truly believes that fit the scheme and team first mentality required to win.

RE: Chandler And Jonathan Lawson Commit To Memphis - holyterror - 04-22-2021 01:58 PM

(04-22-2021 01:03 PM)PennyWise Wrote:  First of all, I like the team Penny is putting together for next season and I will keep my expectations to us beating teams we should beat, beating some teams we were supposed to lose to, and finally making it to the NCAA tourney. Anything beyond that is great and will be massive improvement to what we've had recently.

My only concern is the Lawson brothers are little bit of the same we had in DJ-type player. A wing player that is trying to make it to the NBA, but is on the slow-side and would rather shoot jumpers than to drive to the hoop and finish with authority. I hope they have a better motor and are more aggressive with the ball in their hands than what we've had. I'd be more willing to give Jonathan a pass this year bc he is just a freshman, but Chandler needs to bring it this year. I'm going to support them bc their success should equal Tigers success.

Go Tigers!

If anyone can coach him up to make the nba as a wing, it oughta be Penny.
My only concern is getting everyone enough minutes and shots.
EXTREME talent on this team!

RE: Chandler And Jonathan Lawson Commit To Memphis - SpiderMan79x - 04-22-2021 02:03 PM

I guess we will see how it works out.

RE: Chandler And Jonathan Lawson Commit To Memphis - Eagleonpar - 04-22-2021 02:04 PM

Trust Penny

RE: Chandler And Jonathan Lawson Commit To Memphis - pmantiger - 04-22-2021 02:09 PM

(04-22-2021 01:03 PM)PennyWise Wrote:  First of all, I like the team Penny is putting together for next season and I will keep my expectations to us beating teams we should beat, beating some teams we were supposed to lose to, and finally making it to the NCAA tourney. Anything beyond that is great and will be massive improvement to what we've had recently.

Go Tigers!

Hard to imagine, without injuries, that Chandler will get any time at the 3 this year. I expect Cisse is gone and therefore Chandler has a chance to get some minutes backing up Williams and even playing with Williams. This team has guys from top to bottom that are capable of being productive so it will be interesting to see how the minutes are spread and how it is accepted by those that don't get what they think they deserve. All have to buy in. Still no superstars on this team but lots of talent all the way down the roster. Will be fun, and sometimes frustrating, to watch!

RE: Chandler And Jonathan Lawson Commit To Memphis - misplaced tiger - 04-22-2021 02:25 PM

Chandler is not a wing. He is a post player. Even if we weren't loaded at 3, he would not be playing that position.

RE: Chandler And Jonathan Lawson Commit To Memphis - rc0213 - 04-22-2021 02:28 PM

In Penny We Trust

RE: Chandler And Jonathan Lawson Commit To Memphis - Mimi - 04-22-2021 03:02 PM

Yes