CSNbbs
Back to Normal? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Back to Normal? (/thread-920846.html)

Pages: 1 2

Back to Normal? - umbluegray - 04-19-2021 11:04 AM

I wonder if people are finally saying "to heck with it."

This weekend I drove past a popular Memphis hangout called Railgarten. Parking lot was full and people all over the place.

I also drove through the Overton Square entertainment district in Midtown and it was hopping, too. People lined up along both sides of Madison Ave.

Restaurants seem to be really busy.

RE: Back to Normal? - bobdizole - 04-19-2021 11:15 AM

(04-19-2021 11:04 AM)umbluegray Wrote:  I wonder if people are finally saying "to heck with it."

This weekend I drove past a popular Memphis hangout called Railgarten. Parking lot was full and people all over the place.

I also drove through the Overton Square entertainment district in Midtown and it was hopping, too. People lined up along both sides of Madison Ave.

It's probably a blend of people saying to hell with it and large portion of the population being vaccinated and choosing to disregard the 'crats saying to still wear a mask and socially distance even if you are vaccinated. We went out to eat after buying some new flooring and covid is over where I live. They couldn't pack another body in that place.

RE: Back to Normal? - BartlettTigerFan - 04-19-2021 11:17 AM

There are places in Memphis that have been that way for quite a while.

Back to Normal? - maximus - 04-19-2021 12:06 PM

Took my son to a vintage toy convention this past weekend in Nashville. It was packed packed and was a lot of fun.... hey Biden and Fauci, kiss mer a$$.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

RE: Back to Normal? - bobdizole - 04-19-2021 12:15 PM

(04-19-2021 12:06 PM)maximus Wrote:  Took my son to a vintage toy convention this past weekend in Nashville. It was packed packed and was a lot of fun.... hey Biden and Fauci, kiss mer a$$.

Hotels were the hidden gems in Nashville during the pandemic. When everything was essentially shut down or take out only, hotels were still places people would go to party.

RE: Back to Normal? - No2rdame - 04-19-2021 01:25 PM

(04-19-2021 11:04 AM)umbluegray Wrote:  I wonder if people are finally saying "to heck with it."

Anecdotally, I've heard too many sheep say stuff like "now that I'm vaccinated, I'm not worried about going out in public." They think this magic shot is the key to everything so now they're becoming brave, although I do find it funny that these are the same people who still believe everything else the government says, yet ignore Farse-y and pedo Joe telling them to still live in fear even after the miracle shot.

Personally, I wear face diapers only when I have to and as soon as things opened up where I live, I started getting back to my normal life as best I could.

RE: Back to Normal? - MemTigers1998 - 04-19-2021 01:34 PM

We've been hanging out at either our house, friend's houses, or a couple of different bars for months. No masks, no worries. People around these parts are over Covid. If the kooks are weirdos in the blue cities and states wanna stay holed up in their homes, so be it. The rest of us got sh!t to do.

RE: Back to Normal? - fsquid - 04-19-2021 01:52 PM

(04-19-2021 12:15 PM)bobdizole Wrote:  
(04-19-2021 12:06 PM)maximus Wrote:  Took my son to a vintage toy convention this past weekend in Nashville. It was packed packed and was a lot of fun.... hey Biden and Fauci, kiss mer a$$.

Hotels were the hidden gems in Nashville during the pandemic. When everything was essentially shut down or take out only, hotels were still places people would go to party.

Same here. Was in MEM to visit family back during the peak of this thing. We wanted to get a drink without having to buy food (which was the rule at the time) and it was afternoon on a weekday. Ended up going to the Peabody, no mask enforced and the kids got to see the ducks. Everyone happy.

RE: Back to Normal? - Bronco'14 - 04-19-2021 01:54 PM

I live in Blue Michigan & we've been pretty much open since Biden got in. Once stadium events return, we'll be rocking.

RE: Back to Normal? - Captain Bearcat - 04-19-2021 05:01 PM

Here in Central Illinois, people outside of cities are sick of the whole thing, and are back to life as normal. Not even wearing masks.

Within the city limits, a lot of people are still sheltering in place. If anything, they're doubling down.

It's so weird: The people who live outside the city usually work in the cities. For the same employers as the people who live in the cities. But the two groups behave so differently.

A work colleague who lives in the city came out to my house this weekend to drop something off (I live a couple miles outside a college town). We're working 100% remotely so this is the first time I've seen him in-person since before COVID. I came outside and we talked for about 20 minutes in my driveway. He kept his N-95 mask on and wouldn't come within 20 feet of me. He's in his mid-30s and has already been vaccinated.

RE: Back to Normal? - CrimsonPhantom - 04-19-2021 05:59 PM

Now when I take my dogs for a walk in the morning I don't see a kid (Middle Schooler) circling his parents car on his bike or hover board lik I have for the past several months, I see a kid (Elementary Schooler) on his bike, riding unsteadily, going to school wearing two masks.

RE: Back to Normal? - chargeradio - 04-19-2021 06:20 PM

Here in Beshearistan (Kentucky), Comrade Andy has approved outdoor venues holding more than 1,000 people to operate at 50% capacity, as long as masking is in place.

RE: Back to Normal? - olliebaba - 04-19-2021 10:40 PM

El Paso is pretty much back to normal and that includes the traffic. Man, it is bad out there, the only difference is that when people go into businesses they still wear their masks because it is asked of them. Once out the store many take them off and others (mostly oldsters) keep them on. I get a pain in the back of my skull if I wear one too long inside a store so I'll pull it down a bit to my chin and protect that, LOL. As soon as I'm close to people I'll pull it up.

But, the traffic...it is a madhouse.

RE: Back to Normal? - TigerBlue4Ever - 04-20-2021 05:37 AM

Aside from the constant chatter from the left now that they no longer have to hide their agenda my life has remained pretty normal. There was that brief moment when my biggest worry was how much toilet paper to use.

RE: Back to Normal? - 450bench - 04-20-2021 06:49 AM

You think things are moving toward normalcy and then, A: you see an idiot in his car, alone, with a mask on, B: you have a President of the United States who has no idea of who he is or what his name is

RE: Back to Normal? - MemTigers1998 - 04-20-2021 07:31 AM

(04-20-2021 06:49 AM)450bench Wrote:  You think things are moving toward normalcy and then, A: you see an idiot in his car, alone, with a mask on, B: you have a President of the United States who has no idea of who he is or what his name is

Every time we're in the car and see one of these dopes, I point and ask my wife "why are they wearing a mask in the car alone?" and my wife replies "liberal"

RE: Back to Normal? - VA49er - 04-20-2021 07:41 AM

(04-20-2021 07:31 AM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  
(04-20-2021 06:49 AM)450bench Wrote:  You think things are moving toward normalcy and then, A: you see an idiot in his car, alone, with a mask on, B: you have a President of the United States who has no idea of who he is or what his name is

Every time we're in the car and see one of these dopes, I point and ask my wife "why are they wearing a mask in the car alone?" and my wife replies "liberal"

I can't help but laugh when I see someone alone in their car wearing a mask. I mean, how can anyone be that scared of themselves?

RE: Back to Normal? - BartlettTigerFan - 04-20-2021 07:44 AM

(04-20-2021 07:41 AM)VA49er Wrote:  

I can't help but laugh when I see someone alone in their car wearing a mask. I mean, how can anyone be that scared of themselves stupid?

Fixed it for my thoughts

Also walking down the street alone/in a park alone/even in their own yard alone. S H E E P L E

RE: Back to Normal? - VA49er - 04-20-2021 07:48 AM

(04-20-2021 07:44 AM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  

I can't help but laugh when I see someone alone in their car wearing a mask. I mean, how can anyone be that scared of themselves stupid?

Fixed it for my thoughts

Also walking down the street alone/in a park alone/even in their own yard alone. S H E E P L E

Yeah, I see folks walking in the neighborhood, alone, wearing a mask. Seems crazy to me but whatever.

RE: Back to Normal? - maximus - 04-20-2021 07:51 AM

(04-20-2021 07:44 AM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  

Fixed it for my thoughts

My dad has been wearing masks in the yard for years and years, he has big gardens and flower beds... but its for his allergies