CSNbbs
Marreon to Arizona State - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: Marreon to Arizona State (/thread-920317.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Marreon to Arizona State - IamN2daRockets! - 04-10-2021 07:02 PM

(04-10-2021 01:51 PM)adunifon Wrote:  Got a lot of folks on here that are pretty critical of his career decision. If we could all be as critical of your career choices.

You sound like my ex-wife.... but you are right!!!!!!

I want true success for MJ... I think that ASU really wants MJ. That MEANS A LOT. I respond very favorably to positive uplift as well. It’s just tough to see him go. Will UT be as good without him??? I have to wait a year to find out. We had 2 really good years with him in the backcourt. I wonder if UT, and possibly TK, hand any influence or assistance in his ASU landing spot given Hurley’s MAC connections ?

Go Rockets!

RE: Marreon to Arizona State - pono - 04-11-2021 02:53 AM

Hurley and TK coached against each other for a few years but I don't think it goes deeper. hurley turns off more folks than most but not sure if that applies to TK or UT. the staff made it clear all season that this was marreon's final year at UT. getting a 5th yr and not being on the draft board made him rethink the transfer option. the time to turn this team over to rian rollins is now. marreon was a lot of fun to watch and gave a huge amount to this program, but rollins is better. i wish mj well and will peek in on some asu games, i do like their student section, hopefully hurley has some pg magic tricks he can share.

RE: Marreon to Arizona State - cleveland - 04-17-2021 01:12 PM

(04-11-2021 02:53 AM)pono Wrote:  Hurley and TK coached against each other for a few years but I don't think it goes deeper. hurley turns off more folks than most but not sure if that applies to TK or UT. the staff made it clear all season that this was marreon's final year at UT. getting a 5th yr and not being on the draft board made him rethink the transfer option. the time to turn this team over to rian rollins is now. marreon was a lot of fun to watch and gave a huge amount to this program, but rollins is better. i wish mj well and will peek in on some asu games, i do like their student section, hopefully hurley has some pg magic tricks he can share.

Here's his first trick ... Hurley just signed another transfer PG from Indiana State.

Hmmmmm.

RE: Marreon to Arizona State - bcunn3128 - 04-17-2021 03:34 PM

(04-17-2021 01:12 PM)cleveland Wrote:  
(04-11-2021 02:53 AM)pono Wrote:  Hurley and TK coached against each other for a few years but I don't think it goes deeper. hurley turns off more folks than most but not sure if that applies to TK or UT. the staff made it clear all season that this was marreon's final year at UT. getting a 5th yr and not being on the draft board made him rethink the transfer option. the time to turn this team over to rian rollins is now. marreon was a lot of fun to watch and gave a huge amount to this program, but rollins is better. i wish mj well and will peek in on some asu games, i do like their student section, hopefully hurley has some pg magic tricks he can share.

Here's his first trick ... Hurley just signed another transfer PG from Indiana State.

Hmmmmm.

Well, that sure makes you feel wanted, huh?

RE: Marreon to Arizona State - Screwball - 04-17-2021 03:37 PM

Maybe he watched more game films an saw how many times he played out of control. Only half kidding.

That probably won't be a popular statement, but I'll stand by it.

RE: Marreon to Arizona State - eastisbest - 04-17-2021 03:52 PM

(04-17-2021 03:34 PM)bcunn3128 Wrote:  
(04-17-2021 01:12 PM)cleveland Wrote:  

Hmmmmm.

Well, that sure makes you feel wanted, huh?

Quote:As of Friday, the Sun Devils have lost seven players to the transfer portal and three to the NBA Draft.

I thinks they got some spots to fill. I knew they had three Sr guards last season. Losing 7 to portal including the son of their all-time leading scorer? Ruh roh Raggy.

ASU Basketball....

RE: Marreon to Arizona State - pono - 04-18-2021 02:00 AM

Horne is more of a shooter and not so much of a distributor, also a soph. prob brought in as a combo guard backup to marreon this year with a chance to win a starting job next.

RE: Marreon to Arizona State - DetroitRocket - 04-18-2021 07:52 AM

(04-18-2021 02:00 AM)pono Wrote:  Horne is more of a shooter and not so much of a distributor, also a soph. prob brought in as a combo guard backup to marreon this year with a chance to win a starting job next.

Horne's stats at Illinois State: 15.1 ppg, 85 ft%, 42.4 3fg%, 89 rebounds, 35 steals.

Marreon or Juice?

RE: Marreon to Arizona State - pono - 04-18-2021 03:11 PM

more turnover than assists so I'd say neither. Not exactly sure what to make of those stats. Illinois St kinda sucked this year but that 3 pt % is great.

RE: Marreon to Arizona State - Sleepy - 04-22-2021 07:21 PM

Looks like Marreon will be joined at ASU by Toledoan Jamiya Neal

https://twitter.com/SunDevilHoops/status/1385322551564333059/photo/1

RE: Marreon to Arizona State - Basketball Jones - 05-11-2021 01:24 PM

Five days after announcing he was leaving Arizona St to pursue a Pro Career in the NBA, All PAC-12 First Team Point Guard Remy Martin announced today he was also putting his name in the Transfer Portal as a Grad Transfer. These two decisions pretty much gives Marreon Jackson the Point Guard reins at ASU next season if he takes full advantage of the situation. FYI, with Martin leaving, ASU has lost 9 players this off season to the Transfer Portal so you got to wonder what that “mass exodus” says about Head Coach Bobby Hurley!

RE: Marreon to Arizona State - Springboromark - 05-11-2021 07:27 PM

Sounds like the same mess that took place this past season at UC.

RE: Marreon to Arizona State - pono - 05-12-2021 02:29 AM

Arizona state has a bunch of good transfers (mostly mid major guys) coming in, but almost everyone else heading out. tough to call if they'll be any good next year. lots of new guys to coalesce into a unit and the pac12 is expected to be tough. marreon could well be sitting home and watching the rockets play postseason basketball.