CSNbbs
The replacements.. (Incoming players) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SoConbbs (/forum-266.html)
+---- Forum: SoCon Team Talk (/forum-944.html)
+----- Forum: ETSU (/forum-335.html)
+------ Forum: Buc Basketball (/forum-339.html)
+------ Thread: The replacements.. (Incoming players) (/thread-920253.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

The replacements.. (Incoming players) - RodShaw2 - 04-07-2021 03:04 PM

...... waiting... place holder

RE: The replacements.. (Incoming players) - shampoo - 04-07-2021 05:16 PM

We’re gonna field a lower DI/upper DII team this coming year. It is what it is. Maybe we’ll get lucky and find a couple average transfers. Good year to focus on academics, lmfao.

RE: The replacements.. (Incoming players) - BucDoctor - 04-07-2021 05:17 PM

(04-07-2021 05:16 PM)shampoo Wrote:  We’re gonna field a lower DI/upper DII team this coming year. It is what it is. Maybe we’ll get lucky and find a couple average transfers. Good year to focus on academics, lmfao.

We have just become Kennesaw State.

RE: The replacements.. (Incoming players) - shute2 - 04-07-2021 11:35 PM

Fortunately there are over 1,200 players currently in the transfer portal ?...so there’s that.....the transfer portal is basically the new Wild West...what a mess

RE: The replacements.. (Incoming players) - etsubuc - 04-08-2021 04:08 AM

The team will be fine, we lost most of the team as expected but I am confident that the replacements will be just as good as what we lost. Without knowing who these new pieces are, I’d bet that we are middle of the pack in the conference next year.

RE: The replacements.. (Incoming players) - GoBucsGo - 04-08-2021 07:30 AM

(04-07-2021 05:16 PM)shampoo Wrote:  We’re gonna field a lower DI/upper DII team this coming year. It is what it is. Maybe we’ll get lucky and find a couple average transfers. Good year to focus on academics, lmfao.

At least you are giving the new coach a chance.

RE: The replacements.. (Incoming players) - etsuBucsFan1988 - 04-08-2021 08:43 AM

(04-08-2021 07:30 AM)GoBucsGo Wrote:  

Some are wanting him to fail. (not saying Shampoo is one of them)

RE: The replacements.. (Incoming players) - Efan - 04-08-2021 09:12 AM

(04-08-2021 08:43 AM)etsuBucsFan1988 Wrote:  

Most definitely. Because punishing those who don’t share your political beliefs is the main MO. Everyone one, on both sides too, are tolerant of people who believe like them and intolerant of those who don’t, no matter what they tell you. It’s time for people to actually walk the walk.

RE: The replacements.. (Incoming players) - RodShaw2 - 04-08-2021 09:38 AM

I don't know that lmfao (tossing the F to make sure we get it) sure sounds like he would relish the team having a bad year so he can make hate posts all year.
So if you won't do it, I will. Shampoo wants Oliver to fail.

The replacements.. (Incoming players) - queenladybug817 - 04-08-2021 09:52 AM

(04-08-2021 09:38 AM)RodShaw2 Wrote:  

I don't know that lmfao (tossing the F to make sure we get it) sure sounds like he would relish the team having a bad year so he can make hate posts all year.

I don’t want Coach Oliver to fail, but sadly his success doesn’t hold anyone accountable for the horrible community reaction that led to Shay “resigning”. It just sends a message that throwing a toddler like temper tantrum allowed the nationalists (not patriots, because a lot of people here don’t understand patriotism truly) to get their way. They are rewarded for their behavior by getting rid of Shay and still not having a bad year of basketball. And yet again, the problems of racism will get swept under the rug, so people can have entertainment and not be forced to address difficult subjects that REALLY need to be addressed.

Based on reactions to protests outside of kneeling, I’m in no way confident that most people are actually going to listen to anything Coach Oliver tries to communicate to this area about racial justice. Even if it comes in a more palatable form to the nationalists offended by kneeling. They didn’t apparently listen to the Jerseys for Justice videos or the peaceful march for racial justice last summer. In fact, I saw plenty of people making fun of that.

Protest isn’t designed for you to feel comfortable. It’s supposed to make you think and even be angry or antsy. It should call you to action to fix the problem they are speaking about, not be mad that they made you think in the first place. I’m appalled by the number of people in this area who believe racism isn’t an issue here. Either they are intentionally blind and deaf to it, or they don’t talk to many people of color ever.

RE: The replacements.. (Incoming players) - Etsuwins - 04-08-2021 10:03 AM

(04-08-2021 09:52 AM)queenladybug817 Wrote:  

I don’t want Coach Oliver to fail, but sadly his success doesn’t hold anyone accountable for the horrible community reaction that led to Shay “resigning”. It just sends a message that throwing a toddler like temper tantrum allowed the nationalists (not patriots, because a lot of people here don’t understand patriotism truly) to get their way. They are rewarded for their behavior by getting rid of Shay and still not having a bad year of basketball. And yet again, the problems of racism will get swept under the rug, so people can have entertainment and not be forced to address difficult subjects that REALLY need to be addressed.

Based on reactions to protests outside of kneeling, I’m in no way confident that most people are actually going to listen to anything Coach Oliver tries to communicate to this area about racial justice. Even if it comes in a more palatable form to the nationalists offended by kneeling. They didn’t apparently listen to the Jerseys for Justice videos or the peaceful march for racial justice last summer. In fact, I saw plenty of people making fun of that.

Protest isn’t designed for you to feel comfortable. It’s supposed to make you think and even be angry or antsy. It should call you to action to fix the problem they are speaking about, not be mad that they made you think in the first place. I’m appalled by the number of people in this area who believe racism isn’t an issue here. Either they are intentionally blind and deaf to it, or they don’t talk to many people of color ever.

Gotta agree with you. If the team had gone to the corner and kneeled no one would notice.

RE: The replacements.. (Incoming players) - bucfan81 - 04-08-2021 10:46 AM

This. Yes.

RE: The replacements.. (Incoming players) - shampoo - 04-08-2021 05:19 PM

No sir, not me! Coach deserves what Shay did not get, 2-3 years, patience, and no questions asked unless someone gets caught selling drugs again.

Rod, I’ve been following this board about 11 years now, long enough to remember when someone else was using your username. I will never wish ill on the team. The university is a PR cluster****, though, I will tell you that. The community doesn’t deserve another run like the glory days or Forbes. But I sure hope Oliver can come close.

RE: The replacements.. (Incoming players) - shampoo - 04-08-2021 05:24 PM

Institutional racism, as I see it. You don’t call people names or send em to the back of a bus. You tell them they aren’t true Americans, that they are less, because they challenge the comfortable status quo. Institutional racism is so strong in East TN, we lost a basketball coach over it.

RE: The replacements.. (Incoming players) - RodShaw2 - 04-08-2021 05:31 PM

(04-08-2021 05:19 PM)shampoo Wrote:  

No sir, not me! Coach deserves what Shay did not get, 2-3 years, patience, and no questions asked unless someone gets caught selling drugs again.

Rod, I’ve been following this board about 11 years now, long enough to remember when someone else was using your username. I will never wish ill on the team. The university is a PR cluster****, though, I will tell you that. The community doesn’t deserve another run like the glory days or Forbes. But I sure hope Oliver can come close.

Nobody has ever used my username on this board or the 4-5 boards we had before this one.

RE: The replacements.. (Incoming players) - shampoo - 04-08-2021 05:55 PM

(04-08-2021 05:31 PM)RodShaw2 Wrote:  
(04-08-2021 05:19 PM)shampoo Wrote:  
(04-08-2021 07:30 AM)GoBucsGo Wrote:  At least you are giving the new coach a chance.

Nobody has ever used my username on this board or the 4-5 boards we had before this one.

Then you completed a degree, had a serious change of medication, or something else life altering—because it is night and day the difference of personality. You’ve softened up incredibly the past couple years. It’s a good thing, honestly.

RE: The replacements.. (Incoming players) - Flippmb - 04-09-2021 09:03 AM

(04-08-2021 09:52 AM)queenladybug817 Wrote:  I’m appalled by the number of people in this area who believe racism isn’t an issue here. Either they are intentionally blind and deaf to it, or they don’t talk to many people of color ever.

I agree with Dr. Noland's comments in the Jerseys for Justice videos: We live in a region that is both safe and welcoming.

Of course, he and I may be wrong. Would you mind specifically describing the five or six most egregious examples of racism in our area that you've witnessed or been told about?

RE: The replacements.. (Incoming players) - Buc66 - 04-09-2021 09:16 AM

(04-09-2021 09:03 AM)Flippmb Wrote:  
(04-08-2021 09:52 AM)queenladybug817 Wrote:  I’m appalled by the number of people in this area who believe racism isn’t an issue here. Either they are intentionally blind and deaf to it, or they don’t talk to many people of color ever.

I agree with Dr. Noland's comments in the Jerseys for Justice videos: We live in a region that is both safe and welcoming.

Of course, he and I may be wrong. Would you mind specifically describing the five or six most egregious examples of racism in our area that you've witnessed or been told about?

Admitting my age — as a white male, I am blessed that Dr Martin Luther King also liberated me back in the day from the egregious wrongs of the Jim Crow system that I was too stupid to recognize as a child, youth, and young adult. I too desire to know the specifics of this post-Civil Right Movement racism so that I can join the best, solution seeking, positive forces to address it with REAL SOLUTIONS.

RE: The replacements.. (Incoming players) - RodShaw2 - 04-09-2021 09:20 AM

Isaac Farah
https://twitter.com/IsaacFarah4/status/1380520923627974660?s=20

RE: The replacements.. (Incoming players) - RodShaw2 - 04-09-2021 09:21 AM

(04-09-2021 09:20 AM)RodShaw2 Wrote:  Isaac Farah
https://twitter.com/IsaacFarah4/status/1380520923627974660?s=20

Not super impressed with his offers
https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/isaac-farah