CSNbbs
UC Statement on Brannen - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: UC Statement on Brannen (/thread-919499.html)

RE: UC Statement on Brannen - robertfoshizzle - 04-13-2021 07:46 PM

Until I see the exact cause for termination and the supporting evidence, I'm not comfortable taking a hard stance with either side. So far, all I've seen is vague, anonymous quotes, some message board rumors, and a boisterous lawyer stirring up crap on Twitter.

RE: UC Statement on Brannen - QSECOFR - 04-13-2021 09:33 PM

(04-13-2021 07:39 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  
(04-13-2021 05:56 PM)doss2 Wrote:  Some people, herein think a jury would favor UC because Brannen wants his $5.5 large. I tend to disagree. I think most common folks have been screwed over by big business and UC will be painted as big business with it's massive employee size and an endowment of $1,300,000,000.00

Let me do voir dire for UC...stack it with mothers and a representative mix of minorities for Hamilton County and when those players testify how the guy making $1.5 million per year treated them and how UC stepped in to protect kids, many of who are minorities...game set match...that jury will be looking at Brannen like he is Big Tobacco.

Won’t ever get to that point. Win or lose UC’s witnesses would ensure he may never coach in college again.

Rath, from time to time please remind me that I would serve my best interests by not angering any of your clients. Thanks! 04-bow

RE: UC Statement on Brannen - QSECOFR - 04-13-2021 09:35 PM

(04-13-2021 07:46 PM)robertfoshizzle Wrote:  Until I see the exact cause for termination and the supporting evidence, I'm not comfortable taking a hard stance with either side. So far, all I've seen is vague, anonymous quotes, some message board rumors, and a boisterous lawyer stirring up crap on Twitter.

Musicians have seen it all and from the best & worst of society. That is why they bring uncommon good sense with them - even drummers!

04-cheers 04-cheers 04-cheers

RE: UC Statement on Brannen - the_dude - 04-14-2021 03:05 AM

So I still haven't seen this mysterious text from fckelll, could somebody's please repost it? Was it *supposed" to be redacted?

RE: UC Statement on Brannen - rath v2.0 - 04-14-2021 04:04 AM

(04-13-2021 09:33 PM)QSECOFR Wrote:  
(04-13-2021 07:39 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  
(04-13-2021 05:56 PM)doss2 Wrote:  Some people, herein think a jury would favor UC because Brannen wants his $5.5 large. I tend to disagree. I think most common folks have been screwed over by big business and UC will be painted as big business with it's massive employee size and an endowment of $1,300,000,000.00

Let me do voir dire for UC...stack it with mothers and a representative mix of minorities for Hamilton County and when those players testify how the guy making $1.5 million per year treated them and how UC stepped in to protect kids, many of who are minorities...game set match...that jury will be looking at Brannen like he is Big Tobacco.

Won’t ever get to that point. Win or lose UC’s witnesses would ensure he may never coach in college again.

Rath, from time to time please remind me that I would serve my best interests by not angering any of your clients. Thanks! 04-bow

I’m a defense consigliere! You walk with the righteous, brother!

RE: UC Statement on Brannen - Lurkercat - 04-14-2021 04:22 AM

(04-14-2021 03:05 AM)the_dude Wrote:  So I still haven't seen this mysterious text from fckelll, could somebody's please repost it? Was it *supposed" to be redacted?

I don't have the text but can tell you what it said.

Yes it was redacted, but lazily. It looked like someone used the draw feature on their phone and colored black lines all over it.

People could see through the lines and see that fick made a comment about having his son help recruit logan duncomb from moeller. Fick also said the whole investigation was bs and the way they're treating him is bs

RE: UC Statement on Brannen - rath v2.0 - 04-14-2021 04:37 AM

It looked like a 4th grader prepped that text stream for release to the public.

I’m surprised Fick didn’t drive to Brannen’s house to beat him to a pulp. Was high school mean girl silliness to release that. Told me all I needed to know about what goes on between that set of ears.

RE: UC Statement on Brannen - ZCat - 04-14-2021 11:02 PM

Haven't had a chance to post in a while:

I still felt yr 1 players did not complain, and yr 2 they played HARD and won on the road post COVID with a depleted roster (against a below avg team I Know). I saw so much enthusiasm from MM and MS, etc on the bench, so I still feel like something is not adding up. Someone on another board said something interesting: that Coach JB ticked off some VIP, and the player defections/practices were used as an excuse to show him the door. This makes more sense.

RE: UC Statement on Brannen - JPBearcat3 - 04-15-2021 12:34 PM

(04-14-2021 11:02 PM)ZCat Wrote:  Haven't had a chance to post in a while:

I still felt yr 1 players did not complain, and yr 2 they played HARD and won on the road post COVID with a depleted roster (against a below avg team I Know). I saw so much enthusiasm from MM and MS, etc on the bench, so I still feel like something is not adding up. Someone on another board said something interesting: that Coach JB ticked off some VIP, and the player defections/practices were used as an excuse to show him the door. This makes more sense.

Saunders' role in that doesn't make sense then. This is a kid who's known Brannen since 7th grade. I don't see him being a pawn in some VIP's game.

I don't know that we'll ever know the full extent of what happened, but no VIP forced so many kids to transfer, that's for sure.

RE: UC Statement on Brannen - rath v2.0 - 04-15-2021 01:08 PM

Who is John Brannen? Sounds vaguely familiar...

RE: UC Statement on Brannen - Bear Catlett - 04-15-2021 01:14 PM

That would be me.

RE: UC Statement on Brannen - skylinecat - 04-15-2021 01:21 PM

I mean it may be that people wanted him gone, but it still doesn't change the fact that half his team transferred away despite you seeing enthusiasm on the bench. Unless you're saying that the VIP had something to do with them transferring.

RE: UC Statement on Brannen - CliftonAve - 04-15-2021 01:45 PM

(04-14-2021 04:37 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  It looked like a 4th grader prepped that text stream for release to the public.

I’m surprised Fick didn’t drive to Brannen’s house to beat him to a pulp. Was high school mean girl silliness to release that. Told me all I needed to know about what goes on between that set of ears.

Mars is an idiot. He’s already played his hand. When Luke gets deposed he might have been able to elicit some favorable testimony had he not released the texts. Now Luke will be prepared to not offer up anything and be able to explain the text was just him behind polite, no criticism of the AD or anyone else.

RE: UC Statement on Brannen - Bearhawkeye - 04-15-2021 02:04 PM

(04-15-2021 01:21 PM)skylinecat Wrote:  

I mean it may be that people wanted him gone, but it still doesn't change the fact that half his team transferred away despite you seeing enthusiasm on the bench. Unless you're saying that the VIP had something to do with them transferring.

Very doubtful. More plausible would be it gave a pretense/opportunity to make a move on Brannen if something like that was at work.

RE: UC Statement on Brannen - Bearhawkeye - 04-15-2021 02:07 PM

(04-15-2021 01:45 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  
(04-14-2021 04:37 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  It looked like a 4th grader prepped that text stream for release to the public.

Mars is an idiot. He’s already played his hand. When Luke gets deposed he might have been able to elicit some favorable testimony had he not released the texts. Now Luke will be prepared to not offer up anything and be able to explain the text was just him behind polite, no criticism of the AD or anyone else.

Polite would be something like "I'm really sorry this is happening to you. Amy and I feel very badly for how hard this must be on your family. If there is anything you need or just want to talk, I'm available. Luke"

Your version makes him a liar pure and simple.

RE: UC Statement on Brannen - rath v2.0 - 04-15-2021 03:15 PM

You ever work with a guy that got fired? Oh man...this is bull****...

Beats the heck out of saying, I thought you were an ok guy and we will cross paths around town but you getting fired won’t make me lose any sleep.

RE: UC Statement on Brannen - bww - 04-15-2021 04:09 PM

(04-14-2021 11:02 PM)ZCat Wrote:  that Coach JB ticked off some VIP

Jeff Wyler again??

RE: UC Statement on Brannen - BearcatMan - 04-15-2021 04:11 PM

(04-15-2021 03:15 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  You ever work with a guy that got fired? Oh man...this is bull****...

Beats the heck out of saying, I thought you were an ok guy and we will cross paths around town but you getting fired won’t make me lose any sleep.

Yeah, I always thought "The Boss is an *******/this is BS" was SOP for anyone looking to get out of a longer conversation with a fired employee lol.

RE: UC Statement on Brannen - Bearcatbdub - 04-15-2021 04:23 PM

I think releasing those texts was pretty low class and if I was Fickell- I’d be pissed.

RE: UC Statement on Brannen - doss2 - 04-15-2021 05:32 PM

(04-15-2021 04:09 PM)bww Wrote:  
(04-14-2021 11:02 PM)ZCat Wrote:  that Coach JB ticked off some VIP

Jeff Wyler again??

At his wife age I guess it is different this time.