CSNbbs
Toledo Football Gameday Hotels/Bars - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: Toledo Football Gameday Hotels/Bars (/thread-919320.html)

Toledo Football Gameday Hotels/Bars - Rugbydog - 03-23-2021 05:21 PM

Hello all. My nephew (Connor Jones) is heading up to play football in the fall and I plan on attending most home games. I live north of Cincinnati and need advice on where to stay as well as where to hang out. Close hotels/fun bars for the “older” crowd... Appreciate any help.

RE: Toledo Football Gameday Hotels/Bars - eastisbest - 03-23-2021 06:56 PM

Hey! Welcome! You and Connor!

I live in Toledo. I'm older (no "" "" needed) and I have no idea what hotels and bars to hang out. This could be a learnin thread for me.

RE: Toledo Football Gameday Hotels/Bars - FMRocket - 03-23-2021 07:41 PM

(03-23-2021 05:21 PM)Rugbydog Wrote:  Hello all. My nephew (Connor Jones) is heading up to play football in the fall and I plan on attending most home games. I live north of Cincinnati and need advice on where to stay as well as where to hang out. Close hotels/fun bars for the “older” crowd... Appreciate any help.

North of campus in the Westgate area, there are are several hotels clustered close together... - a couple of Marriott properties/Holiday Inn Express/Hampton Inn, which are all fairly new...
Nick and Jimmy’s is close by as well as a multitude of bars/pubs in the downtown “Hensville” area...
Make your way around Lot 10 for great tailgating the day of the game...
Go Rockets, and good luck to Connor !!

RE: Toledo Football Gameday Hotels/Bars - eastisbest - 03-23-2021 07:56 PM

AND.. welcome to Toledo where you go North to get to West Gate (Secor Rd). Where the Eastside is on the south bank of the river, the West side nearly borders Michigan and if you want to go to Indiana, you head through the south end.

What traditions does Connor's Uncle, Mr. Rugbydog need to know?
"that school down south." You'll smell it about 20 minutes before you get to Toledo. Look for a slightly over sized high school football stadium.

RE: Toledo Football Gameday Hotels/Bars - DetroitRocket - 03-23-2021 08:08 PM

(03-23-2021 07:41 PM)FMRocket Wrote:  
(03-23-2021 05:21 PM)Rugbydog Wrote:  Hello all. My nephew (Connor Jones) is heading up to play football in the fall and I plan on attending most home games. I live north of Cincinnati and need advice on where to stay as well as where to hang out. Close hotels/fun bars for the “older” crowd... Appreciate any help.

North of campus in the Westgate area, there are are several hotels clustered close together... - a couple of Marriott properties/Holiday Inn Express/Hampton Inn, which are all fairly new...
Nick and Jimmy’s is close by as well as a multitude of bars/pubs in the downtown “Hensville” area...
Make your way around Lot 10 for great tailgating the day of the game...
Go Rockets, and good luck to Connor !!

Good suggestions. Most people visiting UT will stay near Westgate (5 min North of campus on Secor). If you want a 4-star hotel you will have to go to downtown Toledo (Renaissance Toledo).

RE: Toledo Football Gameday Hotels/Bars - Babes boy - 03-23-2021 08:12 PM

(03-23-2021 07:56 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  AND.. welcome to Toledo where you go North to get to West Gate (Secor Rd). Where the Eastside is on the south bank of the river, the West side nearly borders Michigan and if you want to go to Indiana, you head through the south end.

What traditions does Connor's Uncle, Mr. Rugbydog need to know?
"that school down south." You'll smell it about 20 minutes before you get to Toledo. Look for a slightly over sized high school football stadium.

Yes if you’re planning on making most home games then you will want to make the BgSUCKS game. It’s at that cow pasture being referenced here.

RE: Toledo Football Gameday Hotels/Bars - inductchuck16 - 03-23-2021 11:21 PM

1) Stay and hang out at Secor Square about 5 minutes down the road from the University on Secor Road. There are 4 new hotels surrounded by a 68,468 square foot shopping center. Texas Roadhouse and Bubba's 33 are right in front of the hotels. Be sure to grab a meal from Packo's right in that area. It's also just minutes away from the mall, which has countless restaurant/entertainment options.

2) Change it up a bit since you'll be attending multiple games and treat yourself to a stay in our downtown, which is currently experiencing a revitalization. There's the 4-star Renaissance Hotel right on the river and another hotel going through a $65 million renovation that should be ready in 2022. Tons of bars in downtown. Also have the world-renowned art museum only 5 minutes away (free admission), with campus just another 5 minutes further so it's roughly a 10 minute drive from downtown to UT.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your visits to the Glass City and Go Rockets!

RE: Toledo Football Gameday Hotels/Bars - eastisbest - 03-24-2021 06:00 AM

Dude's coming from Dayton. They got all that stuff. His #1 priority on first game day is to find someone in the tail-gating lots with a boat and make friends. Just wear a sign, "who's got a boat?" Having a fishing pole would send the message home. Can't bring it into the stadium. Stupid rule. Then he's set for the next four years.

RE: Toledo Football Gameday Hotels/Bars - Rugbydog - 03-24-2021 07:55 AM

I appreciate all the suggestions. Looking forward to fall days in Toledo. No one tailgated at U-Dayton even though we played in the DIII championship three of the four years I was there. Basketball school. See everyone soon!

RE: Toledo Football Gameday Hotels/Bars - Rocket_Fanatic - 03-24-2021 01:24 PM

Go to Campus Polleyes. Get the stuffed breadsticks. You’ll thank me afterwards...

RE: Toledo Football Gameday Hotels/Bars - Rugbydog - 03-24-2021 03:36 PM

(03-24-2021 01:24 PM)Rocket_Fanatic Wrote:  Go to Campus Polleyes. Get the stuffed breadsticks. You’ll thank me afterwards...

Beer and stuffed breadsticks? Sold.