CSNbbs
This lady asked people what their "woke breaking point" was. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+----- Forum: Spin Room - Wild West Edition. (/forum-789.html)
+----- Thread: This lady asked people what their "woke breaking point" was. (/thread-919265.html)

This lady asked people what their "woke breaking point" was. - BEARCATDALE - 03-22-2021 11:07 PM

Found some of the responses interesting is why I posted.

Here are 55 of the best and most eye-opening responses.

RE: This lady asked people what their "woke breaking point" was. - BartlettTigerFan - 03-23-2021 03:26 AM

Good stuff

RE: This lady asked people what their "woke breaking point" was. - AdoptedMonarch - 03-24-2021 04:51 AM

I’m not sure why this is sequestered on the “Wild West” forum. It seems rationale and worthy of top billing in the spin room.

Thanks for posting it.

RE: This lady asked people what their "woke breaking point" was. - Owl 69/70/75 - 03-24-2021 06:51 AM

My "woke breaking point" was whenever I realized just how subtly and cleverly our news coverage had become slanted to favor the left.

It was somewhere between Walter Cronkite's coverage of Vietnam, where you knew he was anti-war but at least he tried to cover the news straight up, and Dan Rather's announcement that the Supreme Court had put an end to the Florida electoral shenanigans in 1980, when he looked like he had just lost his mother.

RE: This lady asked people what their "woke breaking point" was. - AdoptedMonarch - 03-24-2021 07:57 AM

(03-24-2021 06:51 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  My "woke breaking point" was whenever I realized just how subtly and cleverly our news coverage had become slanted to favor the left.

It was somewhere between Walter Cronkite's coverage of Vietnam, where you knew he was anti-war but at least he tried to cover the news straight up, and Dan Rather's announcement that the Supreme Court had put an end to the Florida electoral shenanigans in 1980, when he looked like he had just lost his mother.

This is exactly right - - the realization that American media does not play it straight but instead is offering up an ideological narrative.

Compared to most on this forum, I was late to that realization. I think that my breaking point was Dan Rather's "memo-gate". That was beyond blatant, and yet the rest of the press virtually all circled the ideological wagons around him.

RE: This lady asked people what their "woke breaking point" was. - UCF08 - 05-22-2021 08:02 PM

Jesus Christ, you guys have become worse somehow.

RE: This lady asked people what their "woke breaking point" was. - ODUsmitty - 05-22-2021 09:00 PM

(05-22-2021 08:02 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  Jesus Christ, you guys have become worse somehow.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

RE: This lady asked people what their "woke breaking point" was. - Owl 69/70/75 - 05-23-2021 08:43 AM

(03-24-2021 07:57 AM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  
(03-24-2021 06:51 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  My "woke breaking point" was whenever I realized just how subtly and cleverly our news coverage had become slanted to favor the left.
This is exactly right - - the realization that American media does not play it straight but instead is offering up an ideological narrative.
Compared to most on this forum, I was late to that realization. I think that my breaking point was Dan Rather's "memo-gate". That was beyond blatant, and yet the rest of the press virtually all circled the ideological wagons around him.

If you saw the CBS News the night that the Supreme Court had ruled essentially that the Florida electoral votes were going to GWB in 2000, Rather looked like he was attending his mother's funeral. I thought he was literally going to cry on the air.

RE: This lady asked people what their "woke breaking point" was. - TigerBlue4Ever - 06-01-2021 04:12 PM

(05-22-2021 08:02 PM)UCF08 Wrote:  Jesus Christ, you guys have become worse somehow.

Then GTFO, we won't miss your whiny, condescending, holier than thou fuqn ass one bit.

RE: This lady asked people what their "woke breaking point" was. - TigerBlue4Ever - 06-01-2021 04:14 PM

And mine was early in 2008 when we inaugurated a feckless popularity contest winner.

RE: This lady asked people what their "woke breaking point" was. - TigerBlue4Ever - 07-29-2021 06:19 AM

Shoo, go away little girl.