CSNbbs
Transfer Portal and Tiger Schollies - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Transfer Portal and Tiger Schollies (/thread-919254.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Transfer Portal and Tiger Schollies - Rufus T. Firefly - 03-22-2021 07:07 PM

Just today there were 2 very, very good players announce entry into the portal...Kressler from NC and Davidson's Kellen Grady. Are there any openings as it stands now for transfers as far as open scholarships? If there were some quality transfers sprinkled in with the young bloods it might lead to something.

RE: Transfer Portal and Tiger Schollies - Alanda - 03-22-2021 07:14 PM

According to the Cam'ron Fletcher thread Memphis offered him so I guess he has something worked out for a transfer.

RE: Transfer Portal and Tiger Schollies - PennyWise - 03-22-2021 08:01 PM

Man I would make room for Kellan Grady! That dude can shoot and decent size at guard. Yes please.

RE: Transfer Portal and Tiger Schollies - mapdude - 03-22-2021 09:54 PM

I could name a few players on our team I would like to see transfer, but Stammers might take offense.

RE: Transfer Portal and Tiger Schollies - passat25 - 03-22-2021 11:53 PM

(03-22-2021 08:01 PM)PennyWise Wrote:  Man I would make room for Kellan Grady! That dude can shoot and decent size at guard. Yes please.

Grady, a graduate transfer, would be immediately eligible at another school.. Very polished and has a different feel to the game.. Dude can play defense, too.. Besides, he looks like Lester Quinones' long lost brother LOL!

https://247sports.com/Article/Report-Minnesota-expected-to-hire-Ben-Johnson-as-head-basketball-coach-162894619/

RE: Transfer Portal and Tiger Schollies - Stammers - 03-23-2021 10:25 AM

We shouldn't be taking anyone unless they are power forwards or point guards, and are exceptional. IF we take anyone at the 2-3 it should only be if we know we have players at that position that are transferring. We already have 7 players on the roster who aren't point guards or power forwards that are between 6'5 - 6'7. We have one point guard and one power forward, and Williams isn't even a traditional 4.

Pass on Grady and Fletcher. Point guards and power forwards only.

RE: Transfer Portal and Tiger Schollies - uskjtc02 - 03-23-2021 10:49 AM

(03-23-2021 10:25 AM)Stammers Wrote:  We shouldn't be taking anyone unless they are power forwards or point guards, and are exceptional. IF we take anyone at the 2-3 it should only be if we know we have players at that position that are transferring. We already have 7 players on the roster who aren't point guards or power forwards that are between 6'5 - 6'7. We have one point guard and one power forward, and Williams isn't even a traditional 4.

Absolutely! But unless someone transfers or one of the incoming freshmen changes their mind, we can’t take anyone else. All 13 schollys are spoken for.

RE: Transfer Portal and Tiger Schollies - Atlanta - 03-23-2021 10:50 AM

Kessler is the real deal. Didn't get near enough PT yet still excelled at times for UNC. He'd be a great replacement for Williams if he doesn't come back. Hope Penny is talking to him. Can play the 4 or 5.

RE: Transfer Portal and Tiger Schollies - passat25 - 03-23-2021 12:11 PM

(03-23-2021 10:50 AM)Atlanta Wrote:  Kessler is the real deal. Didn't get near enough PT yet still excelled at times for UNC. He'd be a great replacement for Williams if he doesn't come back. Hope Penny is talking to him. Can play the 4 or 5.

Auburn, Duke and Michigan were high on his list before he committed to North Carolina.

I agree. He would be actually a STEAL!.. Dude was an McDonald All American.. He can play.

Michigan already got nice centers... I doubt it he goes to Duke.. Bruce Pearl and Auburn might be going hard for him again.. Depends where he thinks got the best chance to start.. He will be for sure a starter here at Memphis.

RE: Transfer Portal and Tiger Schollies - passat25 - 03-23-2021 12:19 PM

(03-23-2021 10:49 AM)uskjtc02 Wrote:  
(03-23-2021 10:25 AM)Stammers Wrote:  We shouldn't be taking anyone unless they are power forwards or point guards, and are exceptional. IF we take anyone at the 2-3 it should only be if we know we have players at that position that are transferring. We already have 7 players on the roster who aren't point guards or power forwards that are between 6'5 - 6'7. We have one point guard and one power forward, and Williams isn't even a traditional 4.

Absolutely! But unless someone transfers or one of the incoming freshmen changes their mind, we can’t take anyone else. All 13 schollys are spoken for.

Let's see if Penny can push out Damion Baugh LOL!.. Just kidding.

but I am surprised Baugh hasn't gotten any better.. He showed some flashes on his freshman year.. I thought he was gonna be good this year, but he actually regressed in his development.

Sad our point guards (Lomax and Baugh) combined average 4.5 pts and 3 assists per game.

RE: Transfer Portal and Tiger Schollies - PennyWise - 03-23-2021 12:53 PM

Disagree with you on Grady. You make room for a guy of his skill level. He can drive, shoot the floater, shoot the 3, play D...Tell Nolley to go ahead and test those pro waters.

RE: Transfer Portal and Tiger Schollies - Stammers - 03-23-2021 01:09 PM

(03-23-2021 12:53 PM)PennyWise Wrote:  

Disagree with you on Grady. You make room for a guy of his skill level. He can drive, shoot the floater, shoot the 3, play D...Tell Nolley to go ahead and test those pro waters.

Kick out Nolley? 03-lmfao01-wingedeagle

RE: Transfer Portal and Tiger Schollies - Stammers - 03-23-2021 01:11 PM

(03-23-2021 12:19 PM)passat25 Wrote:  

but I am surprised Baugh hasn't gotten any better.. He showed some flashes on his freshman year.. I thought he was gonna be good this year, but he actually regressed in his development.

Sad our point guards (Lomax and Baugh) combined average 4.5 pts and 3 assists per game.

Lomax averaged 6.3 points and 4.4 assists on his own. Wtf are you talking about?

RE: Transfer Portal and Tiger Schollies - Hoots - 03-23-2021 01:28 PM

(03-23-2021 01:09 PM)Stammers Wrote:  

I wouldn't want to see him leave. I like his perimeter game. Heats up quickly, and we need that.

RE: Transfer Portal and Tiger Schollies - mairving - 03-23-2021 01:38 PM

(03-23-2021 01:28 PM)Hoots Wrote:  

I wouldn't want to see him leave. I like his perimeter game. Heats up quickly, and we need that.

The Grass is always greener...is the approach a lot of Tiger fans take.

RE: Transfer Portal and Tiger Schollies - Stammers - 03-23-2021 01:59 PM

(03-23-2021 01:38 PM)mairving Wrote:  
(03-23-2021 01:28 PM)Hoots Wrote:  

The Grass is always greener...is the approach a lot of Tiger fans take.

Apparently, Nolley wasn't our leading scorer, wasn't very good, and he should leave.

RE: Transfer Portal and Tiger Schollies - Browning Hall - 03-23-2021 02:29 PM

(03-23-2021 01:11 PM)Stammers Wrote:  

Lomax averaged 6.3 points and 4.4 assists on his own. Wtf are you talking about?

I can’t say why, but passat25 appears to be taking their combined stats and dividing by two.

RE: Transfer Portal and Tiger Schollies - Eagleonpar - 03-23-2021 02:40 PM

I’ve heard that a lot of point guard transfers won’t consider us simply because of Lomax. Just rumors probably from opposing coaches. But there is that sentiment floating around that Lomax is Penny’s guy and that it may keep us from getting an elite PG.

RE: Transfer Portal and Tiger Schollies - cmt - 03-23-2021 02:46 PM

Some of you folks are just plain loco. I wouldn't trade anyone on this team for anything less than a Kevin Durant. They're all at least pretty good, they've all played at least one season together. They all contributed to the number 1 defense in the country. They all know the system and have pretty much learned their role. Plus, we have the NCAA with a punishment in their pocket.

And, from my many years in business, the easiest customer to get is the one you already have. The current players should always come first.

Oh, and thanks USM guy. Do ya'll still have an athletic department?

RE: Transfer Portal and Tiger Schollies - aardWolf - 03-23-2021 02:47 PM

(03-23-2021 02:29 PM)Browning Hall Wrote:  
(03-23-2021 01:11 PM)Stammers Wrote:  

I can’t say why, but passat25 appears to be taking their combined stats and dividing by two.

Yeah... you can't divide an average a second time and get a meaningful number.