CSNbbs
Acunzo Transferring - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: Acunzo Transferring (/thread-919028.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Acunzo Transferring - northcoastRocket - 03-19-2021 10:54 AM

Reported by Verbal Commits. That's certainly not the one that was expected or hoped for. That hurts.

RE: Acunzo Transferring - Macfan123 - 03-19-2021 10:58 AM

Wow didn’t expect that one at all

RE: Acunzo Transferring - PrettyGoodRocket - 03-19-2021 10:58 AM

This is a bad loss. Was a steadily improving forward throughout the year.

RE: Acunzo Transferring - PrettyGoodRocket - 03-19-2021 10:59 AM

Komagum is also gone.

RE: Acunzo Transferring - eastisbest - 03-19-2021 11:04 AM

Komagum hopefully to a D2 where he can contribute a lot. Acunzo was getting time here and was growing. He would have been stuck in post though, do not see him starting at forward over Milner or Shumate. I hope this was for personal reasons but if not, wish him well also. Both will be missed by teammates.

RE: Acunzo Transferring - PTLROCK - 03-19-2021 11:05 AM

Disappointed to lose Acunzo. Hopefully, TK can take the talent level up. UT has been needing to make some moves.

RE: Acunzo Transferring - FMRocket - 03-19-2021 11:32 AM

(03-19-2021 10:54 AM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  Reported by Verbal Commits. That's certainly not the one that was expected or hoped for. That hurts.

Went to HS in the Philly area. Possibly wanted to be closer to home, even though he is from Italy...

RE: Acunzo Transferring - Sleepy - 03-19-2021 11:43 AM

Sorry to see that both of them are leaving. Despite some deficiencies in their low post offense and defense they both played important roles this season and I was hoping for improvement next year. Kowalczyk has some important decisions to make right now about style of play and the roster for next year. At this moment Edu, Maranka and Shumate provide all the size and strength. Richmond took over the game Wed. by dominating the boards and pounding the ball inside. Hopefully K has a line on some tough, experienced, skilled bigs transferring into the program

RE: Acunzo Transferring - DetroitRocket - 03-19-2021 11:46 AM

So UT spends tens of thousands of dollars repairing his screwed up foot and he leaves after one season.

RE: Acunzo Transferring - Boca Rocket - 03-19-2021 11:46 AM

Hate to see them go. Wouldn't be surprised that Coach K has a line on a impact big.

RE: Acunzo Transferring - inductchuck16 - 03-19-2021 12:13 PM

Apparently he knows something we don't??

UT gave Acunzo a ton of playing time his redshirt freshman season, a year after investing a ton of money into his injury as DetroitRocket mentions. What gives?

Acunzo Transferring - emanoh - 03-19-2021 12:32 PM

Like everyone else. This one is a head scratcher for me. As mentioned we stuck with him last year, he got significant playing time this year and I saw him as being a cornerstone for the next three. His arrow was pointing up. Disappointed on this one.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

RE: Acunzo Transferring - WHRocket - 03-19-2021 12:59 PM

If I remember right, Acunzo played little or none in the second half of either of our last 2 games.

RE: Acunzo Transferring - Basketball Jones - 03-19-2021 01:03 PM

TK said throughout the season on his Radio Show that they are actively searching the Transfer Portal as with the new waiver rules, those players can make immediate impacts unlike your standard high school recruits With that said, I would love for them to find if available a player like Ohio’s 6-8 Dwight Wilson III who filled a huge need for the Bobcats this season as they signed him late last recruiting season as basically a “one year rental” kind of like what Toledo did with T. Fletcher. Both players were obviously huge additions. It is obvious with the loss of Acunzo and Komagum, we need immediate help on the interior as was glaringly evident in our tournament losses to Ohio U and Richmond.

RE: Acunzo Transferring - Sleepy - 03-19-2021 01:22 PM

Meanwhile in Indiana -
Senior standouts Trey Kaufman-Renn and Kooper Jacobi combined for 59 points and 24 rebounds to lead Creek, which claimed its 18th sectional title overall... Jacobi, meanwhile, netted 29 points. The 6-6 forward, a Toledo-signee, also grabbed a game-high 13 rebounds.

https://www.newsandtribune.com/sports/boys-basketball-dragons-make-it-four-in-a-row/article_03ead052-7ef6-11eb-bf1a-bfb4b853cdc7.html

RE: Acunzo Transferring - utrocks84 - 03-19-2021 01:27 PM

(03-19-2021 01:03 PM)Basketball Jones Wrote:  TK said throughout the season on his Radio Show that they are actively searching the Transfer Portal as with the new waiver rules, those players can make immediate impacts unlike your standard high school recruits With that said, I would love for them to find if available a player like Ohio’s 6-8 Dwight Wilson III who filled a huge need for the Bobcats this season as they signed him late last recruiting season as basically a “one year rental” kind of like what Toledo did with T. Fletcher. Both players were obviously huge additions. It is obvious with the loss of Acunzo and Komagum, we need immediate help on the interior as was glaringly evident in our tournament losses to Ohio U and Richmond.

Raise your hand if anyone thought Acunzo would transfer. I figured Komagum or Maranka, possible both. Acunzo with strength and low post defensive work could have helped. Maybe Acunzo sees himself as a perimeter player only. Acunzo will have some major defensive issues at this level guarding wing players though. Would think Emmanuel Little the 6’6” transfer from Southern Indiana DII is one. TK is setting himself up for roster issues if that’s the only Big he brings in as Milner, And Shumate will be gone after next year. I just saw Maranka is gone too. Sounds like we have more room for guards now.

RE: Acunzo Transferring - WHRocket - 03-19-2021 01:39 PM

(03-19-2021 01:22 PM)Sleepy Wrote:  Meanwhile in Indiana -
Senior standouts Trey Kaufman-Renn and Kooper Jacobi combined for 59 points and 24 rebounds to lead Creek, which claimed its 18th sectional title overall... Jacobi, meanwhile, netted 29 points. The 6-6 forward, a Toledo-signee, also grabbed a game-high 13 rebounds.

https://www.newsandtribune.com/sports/boys-basketball-dragons-make-it-four-in-a-row/article_03ead052-7ef6-11eb-bf1a-bfb4b853cdc7.html

Kooper Jacoby’s team, Silver Creek, won their Regional last weekend. Jacoby scored 10 & 9 in two low scoring games.

RE: Acunzo Transferring - Screwball - 03-19-2021 01:47 PM

Wow, three guys gone. What's up with that?

RE: Acunzo Transferring - Basketball Jones - 03-19-2021 02:03 PM

For those worried that we will not be able to replace the 3 transfers, there are multiple Centers and Power Forwards in the Transfer Portal that will have immediate eligibility next season. Now TK has to figure out which players will fit his style of play on the court and culture off the court. I throw out one name that I've seen play several times and that is Western Michigan Soph. 6-8, 250lb. Center/Power Forward Titus Wright who just put his name into the Transfer Portal after averaging 8.7ppg. and 5.4rpg while shooting 56% from the field. I am not sure what happened at Western Michigan and how he would fit in with Toledo, but I would think the coaches would do their due diligence as he is definitely someone that could help Toledo on the interior. He is from Georgia so maybe he'll want to go back closer to home.

RE: Acunzo Transferring - eastisbest - 03-19-2021 03:42 PM

(03-19-2021 02:03 PM)Basketball Jones Wrote:  For those worried that we will not be able to replace the 3 transfers, there are multiple Centers and Power Forwards in the Transfer Portal that will have immediate eligibility next season. Now TK has to figure out which players will fit his style of play on the court and culture off the court. I throw out one name that I've seen play several times and that is Western Michigan Soph. 6-8, 250lb. Center/Power Forward Titus Wright who just put his name into the Transfer Portal after averaging 8.7ppg. and 5.4rpg while shooting 56% from the field. I am not sure what happened at Western Michigan and how he would fit in with Toledo, but I would think the coaches would do their due diligence as he is definitely someone that could help Toledo on the interior. He is from Georgia so maybe he'll want to go back closer to home.

That will have to learn the system. Update the dynamic not just for them but those already here who thought they knew their role....

The transfer game should never be first option. I think Maranka and Komagum can find better playing options but if forced out, I wouldn't mind coach going too. We should never consider an athlete as anything but here to go to school. Forcing a kid out forces them to change their academics. On their own, sure. Helping them find a landing spot if they wish to consider the option of leaving. Fine. But out into empty space should never happen. Let's hope it is never the latter case here.