CSNbbs
Something is happening with Cincinnati basketball - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Something is happening with Cincinnati basketball (/thread-918882.html)

Pages: 1 2

Something is happening with Cincinnati basketball - wnlyons - 03-16-2021 08:55 PM

They have 5 players transferring. The most notable ones are Saunders who was their PG and Eason their PF.... https://twitter.com/redditcbb/status/1371981896167649282?s=21

RE: Something is happening with Cincinnati basketball - holyterror - 03-16-2021 09:07 PM

Ruh Roh.

RE: Something is happening with Cincinnati basketball - misplaced tiger - 03-16-2021 11:04 PM

It won't just be Cincy. with the free year of eligibility, it's going to be widespread. '20-'22 gonna end up being some odd years in basketball.

RE: Something is happening with Cincinnati basketball - passat25 - 03-17-2021 12:07 AM

Something broke in the locker room after being smoked (embarrased) by Houston in the Finals.. They lost by almost 40.

I don't know about Saunders.. but Eason could help us with points, blocks and rebounds.. Decent numbers for a freshman.

RE: Something is happening with Cincinnati basketball - Browning Hall - 03-17-2021 05:40 AM

(03-17-2021 12:07 AM)passat25 Wrote:  Something broke in the locker room after being smoked (embarrased) by Houston in the Finals.. They lost by almost 40.

I don't know about Saunders.. but Eason could help us with points, blocks and rebounds.. Decent numbers for a freshman.

I’d be shocked if Penny went after any of their players.

RE: Something is happening with Cincinnati basketball - cmt - 03-17-2021 08:20 AM

With no one leaving and all these transfers headed to Memphis, we probably should submit the paperwork to the NCAA to add a second, maybe a third, team here.

RE: Something is happening with Cincinnati basketball - southpaw1 - 03-17-2021 08:36 AM

(03-16-2021 11:04 PM)misplaced tiger Wrote:  It won't just be Cincy. with the free year of eligibility, it's going to be widespread. '20-'22 gonna end up being some odd years in basketball.

Yep, CBB is going to experience a transfer free-for-all.

RE: Something is happening with Cincinnati basketball - Claw - 03-17-2021 08:40 AM

(03-17-2021 08:20 AM)cmt Wrote:  With no one leaving and all these transfers headed to Memphis, we probably should submit the paperwork to the NCAA to add a second, maybe a third, team here.

That's innovation!

Go Tigers and Tigers and Tigers Go!

RE: Something is happening with Cincinnati basketball - SeñorTiger - 03-17-2021 09:49 AM

(03-17-2021 08:20 AM)cmt Wrote:  With no one leaving and all these transfers headed to Memphis, we probably should submit the paperwork to the NCAA to add a second, maybe a third, team here.

Can we have a JV team?

RE: Something is happening with Cincinnati basketball - SmokyMtnTiger - 03-17-2021 09:50 AM

(03-17-2021 08:40 AM)Claw Wrote:  

That's innovation!

Go Tigers and Tigers and Tigers Go!

“Go on to victory and victory and victory...”

RE: Something is happening with Cincinnati basketball - cmt - 03-17-2021 03:55 PM

6 players at Cincinnati in the transfer portal and not one single commitment for next season. I don't know what I would do if that was Memphis. Wait a minute...

"Crawford, a Memphis native, announced his intentions to transfer last week. He was one of six Memphis players who have left the program since the end of the season. According to the Memphis Commercial Appeal, Crawford is scheduled to graduate next month, which will make him immediately eligible to play."

"Memphis now has just one player still part of the team who averaged more than 10 points per game. That would be sophomore guard Jeremiah Martin. It wouldn’t be fair to suggest Martin might transfer. However, if he goes, then Memphis coach Tubby Smith has a lot of recruiting work to do."

RE: Something is happening with Cincinnati basketball - BamaTigerCub - 03-17-2021 04:26 PM

“Tubby Smith has a lot of recruiting work to do.”
Understatement of the decade.

RE: Something is happening with Cincinnati basketball - snowtiger - 03-17-2021 06:31 PM

(03-17-2021 04:26 PM)BamaTigerCub Wrote:  “Tubby Smith has a lot of recruiting work to do.”
Understatement of the decade.

Followed by underachievement of the decade

RE: Something is happening with Cincinnati basketball - mairving - 03-17-2021 09:28 PM

Maybe Cincy is trying to emulate Wichita State. They had 7 guys transfer and ended with a good team.

RE: Something is happening with Cincinnati basketball - passat25 - 03-18-2021 02:17 AM

(03-17-2021 03:55 PM)cmt Wrote:  6 players at Cincinnati in the transfer portal and not one single commitment for next season. I don't know what I would do if that was Memphis. Wait a minute...

"Crawford, a Memphis native, announced his intentions to transfer last week. He was one of six Memphis players who have left the program since the end of the season. According to the Memphis Commercial Appeal, Crawford is scheduled to graduate next month, which will make him immediately eligible to play."

"Memphis now has just one player still part of the team who averaged more than 10 points per game. That would be sophomore guard Jeremiah Martin. It wouldn’t be fair to suggest Martin might transfer. However, if he goes, then Memphis coach Tubby Smith has a lot of recruiting work to do."

I already forgot about Markel Crawford who finished his college career at Ole Piss.. not to be confused with Chris Crawford..

Glad to see Chris has made a decent career overseas.. He is currently playing in Tunisia, Africa.. At least he is still making a living playing ball.. I heard Joe Jackson quit ball like 3-4 years ago and be hustling around Memphis these days.. Just sad.

RE: Something is happening with Cincinnati basketball - jsw3ent - 03-18-2021 07:57 AM

(03-18-2021 02:17 AM)passat25 Wrote:  
(03-17-2021 03:55 PM)cmt Wrote:  6 players at Cincinnati in the transfer portal and not one single commitment for next season. I don't know what I would do if that was Memphis. Wait a minute...

I already forgot about Markel Crawford who finished his college career at Ole Piss.. not to be confused with Chris Crawford..

Glad to see Chris has made a decent career overseas.. He is currently playing in Tunisia, Africa.. At least he is still making a living playing ball.. I heard Joe Jackson quit ball like 3-4 years ago and be hustling around Memphis these days.. Just sad.

Forgot about WHO ?

RE: Something is happening with Cincinnati basketball - snowtiger - 03-18-2021 11:47 AM

(03-18-2021 07:57 AM)jsw3ent Wrote:  

Forgot about WHO ?

Try again. Think object of a preposition.

RE: Something is happening with Cincinnati basketball - founder20 - 03-18-2021 06:52 PM

Yikes

https://theathletic.com/news/cincinnati-mens-basketball-has-rift-between-players-hc-john-brannen-sources/Mje97NpTnden

Quote: "It was just hard. To the point where, at some points during the season, I kind of didn't love the game of basketball," one player said. "It wasn't fun to me anymore. I lost the love of the game. And I feel like that's all because of Coach Brannen. That's just being honest. It's not the teammates, not the fans. It was never about that. It was about one guy."

RE: Something is happening with Cincinnati basketball - jsw3ent - 03-18-2021 07:09 PM

(03-18-2021 11:47 AM)snowtiger Wrote:  
(03-18-2021 07:57 AM)jsw3ent Wrote:  

Forgot about WHO ?

Try again. Think object of a preposition.

I was just repeating the above--LOL

RE: Something is happening with Cincinnati basketball - Tiger87 - 03-19-2021 09:07 AM

(03-17-2021 09:28 PM)mairving Wrote:  Maybe Cincy is trying to emulate Wichita State. They had 7 guys transfer and ended with a good team.

They really weren't that good.
They got lucky - in a couple of games and with scheduling.
They never met the eye test for me.
Although I admit, that was an unpopular take - given the lovefest everyone had with their new coach.