CSNbbs
KEYS TO A WIN OVER UNCW - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: William & Mary (/forum-691.html)
+----- Thread: KEYS TO A WIN OVER UNCW (/thread-918045.html)

KEYS TO A WIN OVER UNCW - WMTRIBE75 - 03-06-2021 01:01 PM

There are certainly a bunch of keys to winning tonight against UNCW, but I will start with a rather general comment. For us to win tonight, or any other night this weekend, I think that it is imperative that we get off to a good start and maintain contact with UNCW throughout the game. It is my observation that when this team gets behind double digits early, all of our offensive concepts go out of the window and we turn to one on one basketball that quickly becomes scattered and pretty ugly. But when we stay with our offensive game plan and run the offense efficiently, we can score the basketball.

The second key to this game is cutting out the turnovers that lead to easy transition buckets for UNCW. I have gotten used over the years to the lazy cross court passes that lead to "pick 6" buckets. But this year's team came up with a new turnover, the put you head down and drive into the teeth of the defense, have the ball knocked away, and watch a 5 on 3 fast break occur. Most of these events occurred during the "one on one" segment of our offense. Clean this up, run our offense, and play solid half court defense and we will be playing tomorrow night at 6:00.