CSNbbs
Liberty would have won football and basketball this year - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: Liberty would have won football and basketball this year (/thread-917995.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Liberty would have won football and basketball this year - Eagle in the gym - 03-05-2021 07:39 PM

But some of our leadership didn't want them. LSU can do evil and nobody blinks an eye. The evangelicals build facilities and win and they're untouchable. So sideways.

RE: Liberty would have won football and basketball this year - rileylives - 03-05-2021 08:17 PM

Nope. If Marshall didn't collapse, we could have beaten them.

WKU is better at basketball.

I get your point though. Nothing can be done. We're not adding anyone. #14 addition, crazy enough was WKU. I would rather have WKU over Liberty.

RE: Liberty would have won football and basketball this year - HERDDDDD - 03-05-2021 08:30 PM

While I agree that Liberty would be a great addition, there have been too many long threads about it.

RE: Liberty would have won football and basketball this year - Eagle in the gym - 03-05-2021 08:38 PM

(03-05-2021 08:17 PM)rileylives Wrote:  Nope. If Marshall didn't collapse, we could have beaten them.

WKU is better at basketball.

I get your point though. Nothing can be done. We're not adding anyone. #14 addition, crazy enough was WKU. I would rather have WKU over Liberty.

But you did collapse.

And yes, there have been far too many threads already.

But look at their combined football and basketball. No one in a conference that doesn’t want them can claim to have better both (or either IMO).

RE: Liberty would have won football and basketball this year - WKUYG - 03-05-2021 08:56 PM

Four of the 21 wins came vs D2 schools and you are crazy if you think they would win CUSA in basketball. Probably #5 behind Marshall, if that

RE: Liberty would have won football and basketball this year - goliath74 - 03-05-2021 09:58 PM

Freaking FIU nearly beat them in football.

RE: Liberty would have won football and basketball this year - Dawgxas - 03-05-2021 10:01 PM

(03-05-2021 08:56 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  Four of the 21 wins came vs D2 schools and you are crazy if you think they would win CUSA in basketball. Probably #5 behind Marshall, if that

Or #6 behind Marshall

RE: Liberty would have won football and basketball this year - Cyniclone - 03-05-2021 10:09 PM

(03-05-2021 07:39 PM)Eagle in the gym Wrote:  But some of our leadership didn't want them. LSU can do evil and nobody blinks an eye. The evangelicals build facilities and win and they're untouchable. So sideways.

I know right? What the hell was CUSA thinking taking LSU over Liberty?

RE: Liberty would have won football and basketball this year - goherd24herdfans - 03-05-2021 11:18 PM

(03-05-2021 10:01 PM)Dawgxas Wrote:  
(03-05-2021 08:56 PM)WKUYG Wrote:  Four of the 21 wins came vs D2 schools and you are crazy if you think they would win CUSA in basketball. Probably #5 behind Marshall, if that

Or #6 behind Marshall

Ot #8 behibd La Tech

RE: Liberty would have won football and basketball this year - Ourland - 03-06-2021 05:06 AM

WKU is nothing. It lost it's mojo in basketball more than 15 years ago. It's a shell of it's former self. No one should be comparing anything to WKU basketball. It has been a very big disappointment since joining CUSA. The eastern schools are supposed to carry this conference in basketball, but they haven't. Incredibly disappointing.

RE: Liberty would have won football and basketball this year - Tech80 - 03-06-2021 08:46 AM

Both Liberty and Coastal Carolina would be good additions to any G5 conference.

RE: Liberty would have won football and basketball this year - Eagle in the gym - 03-06-2021 08:52 AM

(03-05-2021 10:09 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  
(03-05-2021 07:39 PM)Eagle in the gym Wrote:  But some of our leadership didn't want them. LSU can do evil and nobody blinks an eye. The evangelicals build facilities and win and they're untouchable. So sideways.

LSU is in the news for behavior. It’s ok. They’re lsu. Liberty is conservative. People freak and root against them. That’s the parallel attempted.

RE: Liberty would have won football and basketball this year - Luckyshot - 03-06-2021 09:25 AM

(03-06-2021 08:52 AM)Eagle in the gym Wrote:  
(03-05-2021 10:09 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  

LSU is in the news for behavior. It’s ok. They’re lsu. Liberty is conservative. People freak and root against them. That’s the parallel attempted.

I think most of us hate LSU, so I don't know if it's comparable on here.

RE: Liberty would have won football and basketball this year - OptimisticOwl - 03-06-2021 09:29 AM

I think I shall take the liberty to ignore future threads about Liberty.

RE: Liberty would have won football and basketball this year - webster - 03-06-2021 09:30 AM

Liberty has great funding, facilities, support, and now success in multiple sports.
Some people need to drop their bias. Political and religious beliefs shouldn’t matter in terms of having someone in conference.
Conference USA dropped the ball and should have welcomed Liberty.
If they were wise, they’d be begging them now.

RE: Liberty would have won football and basketball this year - BlueRaiderBoy - 03-06-2021 10:39 AM

(03-06-2021 09:30 AM)webster Wrote:  Liberty has great funding, facilities, support, and now success in multiple sports.
Some people need to drop their bias. Political and religious beliefs shouldn’t matter in terms of having someone in conference.
Conference USA dropped the ball and should have welcomed Liberty.
If they were wise, they’d be begging them now.

Did you really say "Some people need to drop their bias"? 03-lmfao Tell ya what. When Liberty purges itself of its decades of prejudice, "bias" and exclusionary bigotry (See Falwell Sr. and Jr., etc.) CUSA might take another look at your "evangelical" Flames. 04-cheers

RE: Liberty would have won football and basketball this year - ghostofclt! - 03-06-2021 11:03 AM

clt says academics matter.

RE: Liberty would have won football and basketball this year - goliath74 - 03-06-2021 11:08 AM

Academics and full accreditation do matter. You know what else matters? Freedom from religious orthodoxy.

RE: Liberty would have won football and basketball this year - webster - 03-06-2021 11:44 AM

Liberty would improve this conference.
It’s a simple as that. If Liberty joins the conference, you won’t be forced to enroll in any their classes or be pressured into their beliefs.
Just like Liberty wouldn’t have to adopt the left mentality that is currently a cancer to public schools and most universities.
In regards to sports (which is only thing I care about regarding college SPORTS), Liberty would simply be another competitive jersey on the court/field. Though with the roll they are on they would add lots of value and not just be another member.

RE: Liberty would have won football and basketball this year - mturn017 - 03-06-2021 11:49 AM

I'd expand for LSU but not Liberty