CSNbbs
Looking to next year: Hoops - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: UNCW (/forum-686.html)
+----- Thread: Looking to next year: Hoops (/thread-917669.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Looking to next year: Hoops - Seahawkhoops - 03-08-2021 02:15 PM

(03-08-2021 02:05 PM)bricksnivy Wrote:  
(03-08-2021 02:01 PM)triangleseahawk919 Wrote:  
(03-08-2021 01:55 PM)solohawks Wrote:  

Tolefree, Dodd, Boggs all into the transfer portal today.

Boggs is the biggest surprise there, no?

Wow. Could be collateral damage from being forced to play out of position all year? That's a damn shame, I really hope he decides to come back, when surrounded with the right people he's a handful to deal with. The other 2 are no surprise.

Dan Spears
@DanSpears
Jake Boggs as the 5 was supposed to be a nice twist for UNCW, not a 30 mpg feature. It's crushed his confidence from outside. He's now 5-for-20 from 3 in league play, and has looked like he doesn't want to take those shots in this game after he hit the side of the board early.
2:07 PM · Jan 30, 202

Interesting point from Spears during the game, and he's spot on.

RE: Looking to next year: Hoops - solohawks - 03-08-2021 02:32 PM

Big fan of Boggs. That's a shame

RE: Looking to next year: Hoops - Seahawkhoops - 03-08-2021 02:41 PM

(03-08-2021 02:32 PM)solohawks Wrote:  Big fan of Boggs. That's a shame

That's a shame, and that puts us in a big bind to compete right away. A roster with no size just lost two of it's three biggest guys and the one left is a Freshman. And Boggs with the right people around him can be very very good. Maybe, we will have some guys sign here soon and Boggs will feel good about coming back.

RE: Looking to next year: Hoops - solohawks - 03-08-2021 02:47 PM

Class move

RE: Looking to next year: Hoops - Seahawkhoops - 03-08-2021 02:57 PM

(03-08-2021 02:47 PM)solohawks Wrote:  Class move

I just saw that, hopefully he might reconsider. G Damnit. I'm not going to beat the dead horse, but Gdamn this hurts, and it's no one's fault but the staff.

RE: Looking to next year: Hoops - Seahawkhoops - 03-08-2021 03:05 PM

(03-08-2021 03:03 PM)triangleseahawk919 Wrote:  
(03-08-2021 02:57 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  

I just saw that, hopefully he might reconsider. G Damnit. I'm not going to beat the dead horse, but Gdamn this hurts, and it's no one's fault but the staff.

All you do is beat the dead horse. The program is going to be fine and rebuilding a roster to better fit a system that has been wildly successful in Wilmington isn't a bad thing. Not sure why this is any different than EVERY other program in America when there is transition.
Because we essentially just lost another year? That's' why? Boggs was one of the top 2 guys we couldn't lose, and we just did. You can't say Boggs doesn't fit the system that's total BS. In fact, he's a PERFECT fit for the system, when he's allowed to actually play his position.

RE: Looking to next year: Hoops - Seahawkhoops - 03-08-2021 03:12 PM

(03-08-2021 03:11 PM)triangleseahawk919 Wrote:  
(03-08-2021 03:05 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  
(03-08-2021 03:03 PM)triangleseahawk919 Wrote:  
(03-08-2021 02:57 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  

All you do is beat the dead horse. The program is going to be fine and rebuilding a roster to better fit a system that has been wildly successful in Wilmington isn't a bad thing. Not sure why this is any different than EVERY other program in America when there is transition.
Because we essentially just lost another year? That's' why? Boggs was one of the top 2 guys we couldn't lose, and we just did. You can't say Boggs doesn't fit the system that's total BS

Not sure how losing Boggs, Dodd and Tolefree leads to losing another year. Combined, they averaged 15 points and 6 rebounds per game. If this program can't replace that and Siddle doesn't have a plan, it deserves to lose. I've read this board for a while and get you don't agree with most everything Siddle does, but saying the future of this program is ruined following today's news is ridiculous.

Boggs showed flashes of brilliance, if you don't see his importance to the build, i can't help you. He was forced to play out of position all year. When he wasn't, he played really well. And it's a roster with NO size, and it creates another big hole to fill. This is a big deal whether you like to think so or not. I'm sure even the people who always stick up for Siddle won't think that losing Boggs is good. The other two were predictable.

RE: Looking to next year: Hoops - Seahawkhoops - 03-08-2021 04:25 PM

Haven't heard much about White, has he impressed in practice this year?
Looks like Triangle deleted his posts so it looks like i'm talking to myself....lol

Now Pridgen gone. What the ever living F!@#^

RE: Looking to next year: Hoops - billthebighawksfan - 03-08-2021 04:30 PM

You could see Boggs going through the motions last game. Set pick and walked to other side of lane. He was already checked out. Best of luck to him,Dodd and Tolafree.

RE: Looking to next year: Hoops - triangleseahawk919 - 03-08-2021 04:31 PM

(03-08-2021 04:25 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  Haven't heard much about White, has he impressed in practice this year?
Looks like Triangle deleted his posts so it looks like i'm talking to myself....lol

Still trying to figure out this message board. Have enjoyed reading this year, but am not very computer savvy. Sorry about that!

RE: Looking to next year: Hoops - triangleseahawk919 - 03-08-2021 04:33 PM

(03-08-2021 04:25 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  Haven't heard much about White, has he impressed in practice this year?

Just checked out White's stats from this season. Looks like hes averaging 15.4 points, 5.4 rebounds, and 1.7 assists per game at Collin College. They're 10-3 on the season per their website.

RE: Looking to next year: Hoops - billthebighawksfan - 03-08-2021 04:34 PM

Losing Joe too? That sucks!

RE: Looking to next year: Hoops - Seahawkhoops - 03-08-2021 04:37 PM

(03-08-2021 04:30 PM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  You could see Boggs going through the motions last game. Set pick and walked to other side of lane. He was already checked out. Best of luck to him,Dodd and Tolafree.

Yeah, i think you are right. It looked like the team had quit on him, and now it's becoming reality that they did/have. I was hopeful with a few pieces next year we'd be competitive, but wow. We have been decimated today.

RE: Looking to next year: Hoops - bricksnivy - 03-08-2021 05:02 PM

(03-08-2021 04:37 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  
(03-08-2021 04:30 PM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  You could see Boggs going through the motions last game. Set pick and walked to other side of lane. He was already checked out. Best of luck to him,Dodd and Tolafree.

Yeah, i think you are right. It looked like the team had quit on him, and now it's becoming reality that they did/have. I was hopeful with a few pieces next year we'd be competitive, but wow. We have been decimated today.

Absolutely terrible day. I’d say this is worse case, but I’m not sure we’re through. This is not good.

RE: Looking to next year: Hoops - Big Alpha Hawk - 03-08-2021 05:13 PM

Pridgen is a killer, don't understand that move. Boggs probably just doesn't like playing 5 spot probably fancies himself as a shooting guard. Dodd just was a bad fit maybe he can find a good level. Tolafree also needs to find a different level to play and hope they do. But damn losing Pridgen just sucks

Looking to next year: Hoops - Proff - 03-08-2021 06:06 PM

Cellar ad infinitum.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RE: Looking to next year: Hoops - 82hawk - 03-08-2021 06:14 PM

Only two things I am confident of after today.

1. Now we know why the team didn't show up to play against the Tribe
2. We'll find out just how good a recruiter Siddle is.

Everything else is speculation, so here's mine.

1. Dodd was a fish out of water in the Siddle system. He expects his 4 to be an outside threat and Dodd just wasn't doing what Siddle needed at the five. I just didn't see that he had the aggresiveness to box out and attack the board and he didn't have the skill to score in the paint.

2. Tolefree just isn't a DI talent.

3. Boggs was friends with these guys and he watched them get "removed" from the team when we were really short on bodies, forcing Boggs into the five spot. I'm sure he was pissed about the whole situation

4. Pridgen transferred to be on a contendor, not a complete rebuild. With a free transfer anywhere, he has a chance to get on an immediate contendor. As good as he was, he also isn't a prototype 4 in a Siddle system since he's not a really good three point shooter. He's an undersized PF and prefers to operate in the paint.

Siddle obviously has an expectation of players and a way he is going to coach. He refused to put players on the floor because he needed bodies. He ran five guards rather than do that. That may have cost us Boggs, but i'm not ready to declare next year as lost. As usual, i'll wait and see how next year unfolds.

Looking to next year: Hoops - B_Hawk06 - 03-08-2021 06:18 PM

(03-07-2021 07:18 AM)82hawk Wrote:  Sounds to me like you can join CG and become a fan of another CAA team. Have fun.

Wow. Really?

TF did I say here to warrant you trying to trash on me in your attempted snark with Hoops?

LMAO. C’mon man.

I’m just gonna take it as a compliment that y’all can’t ever stop thinking about me.

//

Well anyways, here we are. With a shredded roster. At least we have a crap ton of schollies open now, eh?! Wooooooooo!! Who’s pumped for year two baby!!!!!!

Maybe UNCW can auction off Pridgeon’s game worn shorts to help convince one of our seniors or equipment managers to stick around and play some games next year. Hell, I bet those game worn shorts will fit my 11 year old like a glove!

Anyways. I’m not sure what’s in worse shape right now. UNCW basketball or Flo Sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Looking to next year: Hoops - B_Hawk06 - 03-08-2021 06:23 PM

(03-08-2021 06:14 PM)82hawk Wrote:  Siddle obviously has an expectation of players and a way he is going to coach. He refused to put players on the floor because he needed bodies. He ran five guards rather than do that. That may have cost us Boggs, but i'm not ready to declare next year as lost.

There’s a fine line between stubborn and stupid. I think there’s a Remember the Titans quote about that. I don’t feel like google searching it.

Suffice it to say, Siddle went ride or die with his system. At this point, it appears three of his four tires are flat and he was too stubborn to pay for AAA. Now he’s on a desolate road in the middle of nowhere and he better pray he has the knowledge to get this **** fixed.

RE: Looking to next year: Hoops - 82hawk - 03-08-2021 06:26 PM

(03-08-2021 06:18 PM)B_Hawk06 Wrote:  
(03-07-2021 07:18 AM)82hawk Wrote:  Sounds to me like you can join CG and become a fan of another CAA team. Have fun.

Wow. Really?

TF did I say here to warrant you trying to trash on me in your attempted snark with Hoops?

LMAO. C’mon man.

I’m just gonna take it as a compliment that y’all can’t ever stop thinking about me.

//

Well anyways, here we are. With a shredded roster. At least we have a crap ton of schollies open now, eh?! Wooooooooo!! Who’s pumped for year two baby!!!!!!

Maybe UNCW can auction off Pridgeon’s game worn shorts to help convince one of our seniors or equipment managers to stick around and play some games next year. Hell, I bet those game worn shorts will fit my 11 year old like a glove!

Anyways. I’m not sure what’s in worse shape right now. UNCW basketball or Flo Sports.

It was a fun dig at you, nothing serious. 04-cheers