CSNbbs
FCS: South Dakota State vs Northern Iowa - Anyone else tuning in tonight? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: FCS: South Dakota State vs Northern Iowa - Anyone else tuning in tonight? (/thread-917063.html)

Pages: 1 2

FCS: South Dakota State vs Northern Iowa - Anyone else tuning in tonight? - quo vadis - 02-19-2021 01:05 PM

I've decided to give this spring FCS football a TV try, and apparently this is a good matchup. Both teams made the playoffs last year and SDSU is ranked #12 and NI #5 in whatever polls the FCS uses. Apparently the game will be played in one of those blimp-hangar type mini-domes they have in the northern plains states.

8 PM Eastern Time, on ESPN+

RE: FCS: South Dakota State vs Northern Iowa - Anyone else tuning in tonight? - Fighting Muskie - 02-19-2021 01:11 PM

The MVFC is a great league. They get a lot of FBS transfers that don’t want to sit out a year and some great Midwestern kids that the Big 10 schools miss. It should be an entertaining game.

RE: FCS: South Dakota State vs Northern Iowa - Anyone else tuning in tonight? - Bobcat2013 - 02-19-2021 01:12 PM

(02-19-2021 01:05 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  I've decided to give this spring FCS football a TV try, and apparently this is a good matchup. Both teams made the playoffs last year and SDSU is ranked #12 and NI #5 in whatever polls the FCS uses. Apparently the game will be played in one of those blimp-hangar type mini-domes they have in the northern plains states.

If I remember I might check it out. Normally I'd bet but there's just too many variables.

RE: FCS: South Dakota State vs Northern Iowa - Anyone else tuning in tonight? - IWokeUpLikeThis - 02-19-2021 01:31 PM

They’ve been allowing fans in Iowa for basketball this season, so there should be fans at the UNI Dome. Also good thing this game isn’t outdoors.

RE: FCS: South Dakota State vs Northern Iowa - Anyone else tuning in tonight? - quo vadis - 02-19-2021 08:43 PM

Fans in the stands, maybe 10%?

UNI .... 7

SDS ..... 3

Early

RE: FCS: South Dakota State vs Northern Iowa - Anyone else tuning in tonight? - quo vadis - 02-19-2021 09:39 PM

SDS ............. 17

UNI .............. 7

Half

RE: FCS: South Dakota State vs Northern Iowa - Anyone else tuning in tonight? - quo vadis - 02-19-2021 09:47 PM

(02-19-2021 01:31 PM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  They’ve been allowing fans in Iowa for basketball this season, so there should be fans at the UNI Dome. Also good thing this game isn’t outdoors.

It's minus-1 in Cedar Falls right now. Great football weather!

RE: FCS: South Dakota State vs Northern Iowa - Anyone else tuning in tonight? - Stugray2 - 02-19-2021 11:27 PM

Not watching. It's basketball season.

RE: FCS: South Dakota State vs Northern Iowa - Anyone else tuning in tonight? - quo vadis - 02-20-2021 12:20 AM

Good game .... SDSU wins 24-20 on a late TD.

Good execution by both teams.

RE: FCS: South Dakota State vs Northern Iowa - Anyone else tuning in tonight? - quo vadis - 02-20-2021 12:21 AM

(02-19-2021 11:27 PM)Stugray2 Wrote:  Not watching. It's basketball season.

I understand that, but I found this game more interesting than a random Michigan vs Illinois hoops game with nothing more than NCAA seeding on the line.

RE: FCS: South Dakota State vs Northern Iowa - Anyone else tuning in tonight? - IWokeUpLikeThis - 02-20-2021 02:01 AM

(02-20-2021 12:21 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  

I understand that, but I found this game more interesting than a random Michigan vs Illinois hoops game with nothing more than NCAA seeding on the line.

Surprised you didn’t drive up to sub-zero Frostbite Falls to watch this game in person.

RE: FCS: South Dakota State vs Northern Iowa - Anyone else tuning in tonight? - quo vadis - 02-20-2021 08:42 AM

(02-20-2021 02:01 AM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  
(02-20-2021 12:21 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  

Surprised you didn’t drive up to sub-zero Frostbite Falls to watch this game in person.

Hey, it was a good game, with good execution. These teams obviously have been practicing. Not as sloppy as most first games in the fall.

I wish they'd played it outdoors. Domes are for wimps and make northern teams weak. The Vikings haven't been any good since they moved inside in 1982. When they played outdoors at Metropolitan Stadium, they were a terror.

RE: FCS: South Dakota State vs Northern Iowa - Anyone else tuning in tonight? - ken d - 02-20-2021 10:17 AM

I'd have watched it if it weren't on ESPN+. Would have been a lot more entertaining than the usual Friday night TV lineup.

RE: FCS: South Dakota State vs Northern Iowa - Anyone else tuning in tonight? - cleburneslim - 02-20-2021 11:04 AM

ESPN doesn't want you watching fcs football. They buy it up and bury it so people can only watch who they want you to watch.

RE: FCS: South Dakota State vs Northern Iowa - Anyone else tuning in tonight? - quo vadis - 02-20-2021 12:09 PM

(02-20-2021 11:04 AM)cleburneslim Wrote:  ESPN doesn't want you watching fcs football. They buy it up and bury it so people can only watch who they want you to watch.

Well in fairness, there probably wasn't a market on Cable for this game that exceeded what they showed instead. So ESPN+ was probably the place for it. I'm grateful that ESPN is showing so many of these FCS games at all. There are four games on ESPN+ today too, it's just too bad they are all on at about the same time.

I plan to watch Southern Illinois at North Dakota today. Another mini-dome game.

Plus, ESPN+ is great anyway. The UFC matches alone are worth the $5 a month to me, and then there's stuff like this. Great streaming value, IMO.

RE: FCS: South Dakota State vs Northern Iowa - Anyone else tuning in tonight? - cleburneslim - 02-20-2021 04:21 PM

So what is it on ESPN, espnu, espn2, etc .. that people would rather watch today that there is no room for football?

RE: FCS: South Dakota State vs Northern Iowa - Anyone else tuning in tonight? - Scoochpooch1 - 02-20-2021 04:33 PM

(02-19-2021 01:05 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  I've decided to give this spring FCS football a TV try, and apparently this is a good matchup. Both teams made the playoffs last year and SDSU is ranked #12 and NI #5 in whatever polls the FCS uses. Apparently the game will be played in one of those blimp-hangar type mini-domes they have in the northern plains states.

What's a Northern Iowa?

RE: FCS: South Dakota State vs Northern Iowa - Anyone else tuning in tonight? - Bobcat2013 - 02-20-2021 05:12 PM

(02-20-2021 04:21 PM)cleburneslim Wrote:  So what is it on ESPN, espnu, espn2, etc .. that people would rather watch today that there is no room for football?

Lots of college basketball it seems. I guess college basketball is kinda popular.

RE: FCS: South Dakota State vs Northern Iowa - Anyone else tuning in tonight? - IWokeUpLikeThis - 02-20-2021 06:27 PM

(02-20-2021 04:33 PM)Scoochpooch1 Wrote:  

What's a Northern Iowa?

You’d have to be a college sports fan to know who they are.

RE: FCS: South Dakota State vs Northern Iowa - Anyone else tuning in tonight? - ken d - 02-20-2021 06:50 PM

(02-20-2021 06:27 PM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  
(02-20-2021 04:33 PM)Scoochpooch1 Wrote:  

What's a Northern Iowa?

You’d have to be a college sports fan to know who they are.

Who they are is surprisingly good in both football and basketball. I'm always amazed that a small population state like Iowa can produce three decent football programs. They're rarely contenders for natty's but they're always tough outs.