CSNbbs
Belt basketball 2/19-20 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Belt basketball 2/19-20 (/thread-916831.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Belt basketball 2/19-20 - GaSoEagle - 02-15-2021 02:50 PM

Current standings:

East:
8-5 South Alabama
6-4 App St
6-5 Coastal Carolina
6-7 Ga Southern
3-4 Ga State
4-8 Troy

West:
9-3 Texas St
7-5 Ark St
8-6 Louisiana
7-7 UTA
6-8 Little Rock
3-11 ULM

Games of 2/19-20:
Ga Southern at Coastal Carolina
South Alabama at App St
Troy at Ga State
Little Rock at ULM
UTA at Louisiana
Texas St at Ark St

If I have missed any make up games or cancellations let me know

RE: Belt basketball 2/19-20 - chiefsfan - 02-15-2021 03:07 PM

(02-15-2021 02:50 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  Current standings:

East:
8-5 South Alabama
6-4 App St
6-5 Coastal Carolina
6-7 Ga Southern
3-4 Ga State
4-8 Troy

West:
9-3 Texas St
7-5 Ark St
8-6 Louisiana
7-7 UTA
6-8 Little Rock
3-11 ULM

Games of 2/19-20:
Ga Southern at Coastal Carolina
South Alabama at App St
Troy at Ga State
Little Rock at ULM
UTA at Louisiana
Texas St at Ark St

If I have missed any make up games or cancellations let me know

All Men's and Women's games that were scheduled as makeups this midweek were cancelled

Georgia State at Troy cancelled because of Covid
AState at Texas State Men cancelled because of Weather
ULM at AState Women Cancelled because of Weather.

So yeah, these are the only games this week...

RE: Belt basketball 2/19-20 - Tealblood - 02-15-2021 04:29 PM

CCU will play Ga Soutern 1 time on sunday

RE: Belt basketball 2/19-20 - debragga - 02-16-2021 05:18 PM

Little Rock at ULM is postponed due to weather according to an email sent to students and employees, I haven't seen an announcement anywhere else though

RE: Belt basketball 2/19-20 - mjs - 02-16-2021 05:23 PM

(02-16-2021 05:18 PM)debragga Wrote:  Little Rock at ULM is postponed due to weather according to an email sent to students and employees, I haven't seen an announcement anywhere else though

It warms up considerable on Saturday, so I don't see why we couldn't play games Saturday evening and Sunday. Nothing on our website yet- I would think the request to postpone games would have come from us, since we are the ones (both men's and women's teams) who have to get down to Monroe.

RE: Belt basketball 2/19-20 - debragga - 02-16-2021 06:27 PM

Quote:The University of Louisiana Monroe will remain closed Thursday-Friday, Feb. 18-19, as Northeast Louisiana braces for the second round of winter weather this week.

ULM plans to resume regular hours for offices and classes, both online and in-person, on Monday, Feb. 22, 2021.

Freezing rain mixed with sleet and snow is forecast for Wednesday night and into Thursday. Widespread power outages, closed roads and bridges, and hazardous driving conditions are expected as further ice accumulations are expected.

“Freezing rain is forecast for our area,” said President Dr. Ron Berry. “That, combined with wind chill temperatures in the single digits, could lead to power outages and hazardous driving conditions. We want everyone to stay put, stay warm, and come back to work and class on Monday.”

In the event of a power outage on campus, students should shelter in place until contacted by the university. ULM and the state Office of Homeland Security are preparing for an emergency shelter on campus.

The Warhawks basketball games this weekend have been postponed. For information on Warhawks baseball and softball games scheduled for Friday-Sunday, visit ulmwarhawks.com.

Students living on campus are encouraged to remain inside after dark. All sidewalks and streets are coated with ice, making walking and driving hazardous.

The following services are open on campus:

Schultz Dining Hall – 11 a.m.-3 p.m. (all you can eat and all you can take)
Activity Center – 10 a.m.-2 p.m.

ULM will issue statements on the ULM Safe app (download at App Store and Google Play), campuswide email, ulm.edu and ULM Facebook, Twitter @ulm_official, and Instagram @ulmonroe. Stay informed at 90.3 KEDM, Facebook/National Weather Service Shreveport, and Twitter @NWSShreveport.

For emergencies on campus, use the ULM Safe app to contact the University Police Department or call 318-342-5350 or dial 911.

#StaySafeWarhawks

ULM Office of Marketing and Communications
omc@ulm.edu
Suite 605, ULM Library
Monroe, LA 71201

RE: Belt basketball 2/19-20 - mjs - 02-16-2021 08:18 PM

Thanks for the info, but it seems hard for me to believe that we won't try to play and Saturday and Sunday (instead of Friday and Saturday). The warm-up starts Friday, but getting out of LR may still be dicey. However, it will be 46 and 60 degrees, on Saturday and Sunday, respectively in Monroe. Are they suggesting we would play Monday and Tuesday, or cancel the games all together?

RE: Belt basketball 2/19-20 - chiefsfan - 02-16-2021 09:48 PM

We have made announcements regarding our games with Texas State, however I still anticipate the series not starting till Saturday. The real question is the Bobcats travel. Conditions will be considerably better in Texas, so if they were to fly to Jonesboro, chances are far better at getting the games in. But with Financial restrictions, I'm not sure they can afford that.

The series will likely decide who wins the West, so both teams will want to get it in.

RE: Belt basketball 2/19-20 - debragga - 02-16-2021 11:29 PM

(02-16-2021 08:18 PM)mjs Wrote:  Thanks for the info, but it seems hard for me to believe that we won't try to play and Saturday and Sunday (instead of Friday and Saturday). The warm-up starts Friday, but getting out of LR may still be dicey. However, it will be 46 and 60 degrees, on Saturday and Sunday, respectively in Monroe. Are they suggesting we would play Monday and Tuesday, or cancel the games all together?

This could just be a case of the marketing department not communicating with the athletic department, I haven't seen anything official released on our end either.

RE: Belt basketball 2/19-20 - mjs - 02-17-2021 05:58 PM

Looks like the games have been moved to Sunday and Monday. That definitely gets us past the winter weather.

RE: Belt basketball 2/19-20 - slycat - 02-18-2021 10:06 AM

(02-16-2021 09:48 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  We have made announcements regarding our games with Texas State, however I still anticipate the series not starting till Saturday. The real question is the Bobcats travel. Conditions will be considerably better in Texas, so if they were to fly to Jonesboro, chances are far better at getting the games in. But with Financial restrictions, I'm not sure they can afford that.

The series will likely decide who wins the West, so both teams will want to get it in.

It is currently snowing in SM. I saw they cancelled the womens series in SM.

Conditions should improve tomorrow or Saturday but seems like a delay in the series to early next week would be smart. Though cancelling helps the Bobcats and all but gives them the West title with one series to go.

RE: Belt basketball 2/19-20 - slycat - 02-18-2021 10:15 AM

Now it is cancelled

RE: Belt basketball 2/19-20 - chiefsfan - 02-18-2021 10:28 AM

(02-18-2021 10:15 AM)slycat Wrote:  Now it is cancelled

Our site used the word postponed, but yeah. Same here

To recap the hell that is the SBC West this week

All games have been postponed from the originally scheduled dates due to inclement weather. So far, only Little Rock/ULM have firmly found room for makeups. The Sun Belt is currently meeting to decide what to do, as they planned for covid postponements, but not a freak snowstorm wiping out every game for an entire division for a week. They really want to play as many games as possible, because this weekend will have a bunch of implications in terms of tournament seeding and the overall division winner.

Timelines are the biggest issue and making up games. Roads should be fine by Saturday in most areas of the South, but given teams have to travel, that means no games could be played until Sunday. All teams would then have to turn around and travel several hours to their next destination by the next Friday.

In other words, the SBC has no idea what to do and is going to make this up as it goes.

RE: Belt basketball 2/19-20 - MOTIAW - 02-18-2021 12:09 PM

And y’all affected schools should collectively be blamed for whatever the Sun Belt decides, when you end up not playing. I mean, a TITLE is on the line. Did I get that right? Trying, after all us chickens are new to this and still catching on...

RE: Belt basketball 2/19-20 - chiefsfan - 02-18-2021 03:31 PM

(02-18-2021 12:09 PM)MOTIAW Wrote:  And y’all affected schools should collectively be blamed for whatever the Sun Belt decides, when you end up not playing. I mean, a TITLE is on the line. Did I get that right? Trying, after all us chickens are new to this and still catching on...

Well, no one in the west Opted out of playing this week (Except half UALR's team) There's just a foot of snow on the ground for most of us, and unlike our friends in Boone, Arkansas, Texas, and Louisiana were not set up to handle this much snow and ice.

RE: Belt basketball 2/19-20 - MOTIAW - 02-18-2021 06:32 PM

Whoosh...

RE: Belt basketball 2/19-20 - chiefsfan - 02-18-2021 08:11 PM

(02-18-2021 06:32 PM)MOTIAW Wrote:  Whoosh...

Now admittedly, we're in 2nd place so we have no reason to pretend we all have Covid and miss the games. We're not all lucky enough to get into that position...

RE: Belt basketball 2/19-20 - CardinalBlackTrojan - 02-18-2021 11:36 PM

On the women's side, I believe Louisiana has clinched the West division. If Troy wins one more game, they'll clinch the East division.

Both teams are having solid seasons.

RE: Belt basketball 2/19-20 - Saint3333 - 02-19-2021 02:30 PM

RE: Belt basketball 2/19-20 - SkullyMaroo - 02-19-2021 08:01 PM

South Alabama takes game 1 from App State, 65-63. The Jags had 4 of their 7 players with 4 fouls. The Mountaineers had several chances to win or tie at the end but couldn’t do it.

Go Jags!