CSNbbs
CIT cancelled - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: OVCbbs (/forum-17.html)
+---- Forum: Ohio Valley Team Talk (/forum-784.html)
+----- Forum: Little Rock (/forum-291.html)
+----- Thread: CIT cancelled (/thread-916740.html)

CIT cancelled - MICHAELSPAPPY - 02-13-2021 09:38 PM

I figure the other two non-NCAA tournaments will be close behind. Logistical issues just too great.

RE: CIT cancelled - PTJR - 02-13-2021 09:54 PM

(02-13-2021 09:38 PM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  I figure the other two non-NCAA tournaments will be close behind. Logistical issues just too great.

There is apparently some chance the CBI will happen all at one site. Maybe, maybe not. As you said, the CIT has been officially cancelled for this year. And no one yet knows the status of the NIT.

RE: CIT cancelled - MICHAELSPAPPY - 02-14-2021 01:44 PM

Obviously, I hope they can figure out a way to have them. It would be great for basketball.

RE: CIT cancelled - mjs - 02-15-2021 11:21 AM

(02-13-2021 09:54 PM)PTJR Wrote:  
(02-13-2021 09:38 PM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  I figure the other two non-NCAA tournaments will be close behind. Logistical issues just too great.

There is apparently some chance the CBI will happen all at one site. Maybe, maybe not. As you said, the CIT has been officially cancelled for this year. And no one yet knows the status of the NIT.

Will teams really "pay to play" in the CBI when they can't even get a home game to bring in some cash? Is TV money enough for a tournament nobody really watches? Seems unlikely to me, but who knows.

The NCAA will decide if the NIT is worth the time, money, and financial resources. Maybe TV revenue can make it a close to break even proposition, although I have my doubts. The NCAA is not going to spend money needlessly.