CSNbbs
Another reason to love Fick - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Another reason to love Fick (/thread-916608.html)

Another reason to love Fick - Billy_Bearcat - 02-11-2021 05:35 PM

RE: Another reason to love Fick - Captain Bearcat - 02-11-2021 05:47 PM

His wife and his secretary were the only ones who called him out. "Why are you being so mean?"

RE: Another reason to love Fick - BearcatMan - 02-11-2021 07:00 PM

Mike Warren's reaction was great too...Pat Lambert thought he lost his job 03-lmfao

RE: Another reason to love Fick - Billy_Bearcat - 02-11-2021 08:39 PM

I loved how the women didn’t put up with his crap.

RE: Another reason to love Fick - robertfoshizzle - 02-11-2021 09:27 PM

As people mentioned in the Twitter comments, almost all of his players were smiling when he called. Those players love Coach Fickell. Doesn't matter how good of an X's and O's guy you are, if you can't get your players to buy in, you won't be successful. Fickell's players buy in 100% and that's why he's one of the best head coaches in college football.

RE: Another reason to love Fick - OKIcat - 02-12-2021 08:10 AM

(02-11-2021 09:27 PM)robertfoshizzle Wrote:  As people mentioned in the Twitter comments, almost all of his players were smiling when he called. Those players love Coach Fickell. Doesn't matter how good of an X's and O's guy you are, if you can't get your players to buy in, you won't be successful. Fickell's players buy in 100% and that's why he's one of the best head coaches in college football.

Agreed. I have to admit, I hadn't seen this prank previously and it made me a little anxious watching it until it all plays out well in the end. I'm wondering if this is part of a strategy to stay close to the players, especially with some staff departures by guys like Freeman who were undoubtedly in frequent contact with the players they worked with most closely?

Another reason to love Fick? A great subject line. I can't Imagine any of his recent predecessors having that kind of relationship with players to pull this off.

RE: Another reason to love Fick - ZCat - 02-12-2021 07:23 PM

Thank for sharing, guys! That was awesome!