CSNbbs
Are we going to Vegas, or nah? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: WACbbs (/forum-376.html)
+--- Thread: Are we going to Vegas, or nah? (/thread-916014.html)

Are we going to Vegas, or nah? - gleadley - 02-02-2021 08:06 PM

Since I have sufficiently harassed the conference, commissioner, and on-air talent this afternoon with no reply, I figured I'd turn to my friends here and see if anyone has word on whether or not fans are actually going to be permitted to attend the WAC tournament in Vegas?

I haven't heard a word, but presume the WAC would be taking a bath on the arena and room blocks if fans are not allowed. By the second week of March, surely there will be some individuals outside of the teams themselves who have been fully vaccinated and willing to attend (i.e. PAY TO GO) the tournament. I'm just curious if you guys are hearing anything.

RE: Are we going to Vegas, or nah? - gleadley - 02-02-2021 09:41 PM

We have an answer directly from the Commish himself (lest anyone try to convince you in 3 days that their "sources" told them the exact same information).

RE: Are we going to Vegas, or nah? - PojoaquePosse - 02-03-2021 09:33 AM

(02-02-2021 09:41 PM)gleadley Wrote:  We have an answer directly from the Commish himself (lest anyone try to convince you in 3 days that their "sources" told them the exact same information).

Good work Gabe Leadley. I'd like to head out there for the tourney.

RE: Are we going to Vegas, or nah? - gleadley - 02-03-2021 10:06 AM

(02-03-2021 09:33 AM)PojoaquePosse Wrote:  
(02-02-2021 09:41 PM)gleadley Wrote:  We have an answer directly from the Commish himself (lest anyone try to convince you in 3 days that their "sources" told them the exact same information).

Good work Gabe Leadley. I'd like to head out there for the tourney.

Same. And since the cancellation of the WAC tournament was the first time this pandemic personally impacted many of us, it'd be nice to return a year later (obviously socially distanced and all necessary safety precautions in place) to enjoy some basketball with friends and strangers (but ALL WAC brethren) in our new societal normal.

For what it's worth, I looked at the Clark County, NV COVID numbers and they are in decent decline. If that keeps up for a couple weeks, there may be hope that the WAC can welcome more fans than it appears they could under current guidelines.

Anyone can click here to read a helpful article from September that a buddy of mine found, but based on the Orleans Arena's 9500 capacity number, it appears the WAC would only be able to have max attendance of 950 people spread out into 4 separate zones of the arena with no more than 250 individuals socially distanced within each zone. Additionally, each zone would also need to have it's own entrance, exit, and staffing.