CSNbbs
Major blow to VT basketball team - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: Major blow to VT basketball team (/thread-915459.html)

Major blow to VT basketball team - Hokie Mark - 01-25-2021 12:21 PM

From Jon Rothstein:
Quote:Virginia Tech's Tyrece Radford has been suspended indefinitely not upholding the high standards that Virginia Tech has for its students and athletes, per release. Significant ACC news. Averages 11.1 PPG and 6.3 RPG.

RE: Major blow to VT basketball team - georgia_tech_swagger - 01-25-2021 12:32 PM

Sounds like ethics or substance violations.

RE: Major blow to VT basketball team - Statefan - 01-25-2021 01:40 PM

Fight with a girlfriend or a parking lot attendant?

RE: Major blow to VT basketball team - ChrisLords - 01-25-2021 07:46 PM

DUI with a concealed weapon. 3 misdemeanor charges.

DUI
Drunk with a weapon
Concealed weapon

It is assumed he didn't have a concealed weapons permit.

https://www.wsls.com/sports/2021/01/25/tyrece-radford-suspended-indefinitely-from-all-virginia-tech-mens-basketball-activities/

RE: Major blow to VT basketball team - cuseroc - 01-25-2021 07:56 PM

(01-25-2021 07:46 PM)ChrisLords Wrote:  DUI with a concealed weapon. 3 misdemeanor charges
DUI
Drunk with a weapon
Concealed weapon

It is assumed he didn't have a concealed weapons permit.

Wow! Sorry to hear this about the young man. Hopefully he will learn from this experience. It usually takes something like this for young people to realize the destructive path they may be on.

RE: Major blow to VT basketball team - ClairtonPanther - 01-25-2021 08:28 PM

Yikes

RE: Major blow to VT basketball team - Hokie Mark - 01-26-2021 01:54 PM

I can't shake the feeling that, had he done this at one of the "blue blood" programs, his punishment would've been to run the stairs and sit out a game where his team is heavily-favored.

RE: Major blow to VT basketball team - Pervis_Griffith - 01-29-2021 12:40 PM

Indefinite Suspensions always sound harsh. But many times turn out not to be so.

Give this kid the hope he can rejoin his teammates, so he makes the changes he needs to in his life. Otherwise ... taking away his hope, only enhances the chance he keeps going down the wrong path.

RE: Major blow to VT basketball team - Statefan - 01-29-2021 06:14 PM

(01-26-2021 01:54 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  I can't shake the feeling that, had he done this at one of the "blue blood" programs, his punishment would've been to run the stairs and sit out a game where his team is heavily-favored.

Yep, At State College he would be tossed out and all the academics would pat each other on the back.

RE: Major blow to VT basketball team - TexanMark - 01-30-2021 07:31 PM

Why in the hell would you need a concealed weapon in Blacksburg? More like a rifle in the back of a pickup truck.

RE: Major blow to VT basketball team - Statefan - 01-30-2021 08:37 PM

(01-30-2021 07:31 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  Why in the hell would you need a concealed weapon in Blacksburg? More like a rifle in the back of a pickup truck.

Must be to go back and forth from Pulaski or Floyd 04-cheers

Mark - the kid is from Baton Rouge. IIRC Red Stick is about 50% black. The New River Valley is white enough to scare a "daylight 'haint", let alone a black kid. But that's me guessing.

I'm from Central/Eastern NC by birth so places that are nearly all white are somewhat spooky to me. If you want real fear try St. Cloud Minnesota, I once went into a Burger King and EVERYONE had White hair and blue eyes - it was like Village of the Damned.

RE: Major blow to VT basketball team - ClairtonPanther - 01-30-2021 09:24 PM

Every time I visited my parents, friends, family or went to a HS football game in Clairton I always had a piece on my lap. That town is crazy.