CSNbbs
Kramer says it was too easy. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Kramer says it was too easy. (/thread-915174.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Kramer says it was too easy. - Teamduh - 01-20-2021 10:58 PM

Smh...He was good but he didn't dominate.

I hope this doesn't come back to bite him.

https://247sports.com/Article/Weston-Kramer-Northern-Illinois-transfer-DT-Iowa-Northwestern-Ball-State-Fresno-state-159638506/

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RE: Kramer says it was too easy. - randyfensfanclub1 - 01-20-2021 11:03 PM

So he is saying MAC sucks, he is above it, want's to get drafted and thinks he is better off somewhere else in trying to do so....as the 3000+ ranked player.

And we can "assume" it wasn't an issue with Hammock.

RE: Kramer says it was too easy. - NIUslumo - 01-21-2021 11:19 AM

If it was so easy, I would have expected 10 tackles and 2 sacks/game. Even if you think you are better than the rest, have some class and say you are looking for a new challenge, blah blah.

RE: Kramer says it was too easy. - NIUfilmmaker - 01-21-2021 11:48 AM

Dick.

RE: Kramer says it was too easy. - HUSKIEFOOTBALLFAN - 01-21-2021 11:49 AM

Remind me how many games we as a team won? His impact on winning games compared to Sutton Smith, etc.?

RE: Kramer says it was too easy. - Milwaukee Pilot - 01-21-2021 11:58 AM

(01-21-2021 11:19 AM)NIUslumo Wrote:  If it was so easy, I would have expected 10 tackles and 2 sacks/game. Even if you think you are better than the rest, have some class and say you are looking for a new challenge, blah blah.

Yep---poor choice of words.....and not only looking for a new challenge---but have one lined up already.

RE: Kramer says it was too easy. - BigChilla - 01-21-2021 01:18 PM

I said this in another thread...but he legit seems crazy.

As a friend from Naperville who attended Marmion once told me...you aren't from Naperville and attending Marmion if you are someone who doesn't need a kick in the ass.

RE: Kramer says it was too easy. - klake87 - 01-21-2021 01:29 PM

He is selling himself. He was a very dependable interior lineman. Was good at everything but stood out at nothing

RE: Kramer says it was too easy. - NIU1981 - 01-21-2021 02:18 PM

Kramer seemingly did everything right on and off the field here. He's earned the right to do whatever he wants. Also,I don't mind his exit opening up game reps for younger guys since he only has one year left and this team is in development mode.

RE: Kramer says it was too easy. - epasnoopy - 01-21-2021 02:19 PM

If any defensive line player from NIU can say it was easy it would be someone like Larry English, Sutton Smith, and Jake Coffman. Kramer certainly wasn't a dominant position player like those guys.

RE: Kramer says it was too easy. - Rabid Squirrel - 01-21-2021 02:20 PM

(01-21-2021 01:18 PM)BigChilla Wrote:  I said this in another thread...but he legit seems crazy.

As a friend from Naperville who attended Marmion once told me...you aren't from Naperville and attending Marmion if you are someone who doesn't need a kick in the ass.

That’s funny. I went to HS in Naperville. When my friend started f’ing up too much his parents yanked him out of our HS and put him in Marmion.

RE: Kramer says it was too easy. - NorthCoast - 01-21-2021 02:22 PM

(01-21-2021 01:29 PM)klake87 Wrote:  He is selling himself. He was a very dependable interior lineman. Was good at everything but stood out at nothing

https://twitter.com/MACSports/status/1321799161038184450

RE: Kramer says it was too easy. - HawaiiToNIU - 01-21-2021 02:28 PM

(01-21-2021 01:29 PM)klake87 Wrote:  He is selling himself. He was a very dependable interior lineman. Was good at everything but stood out at nothing

He's betting on himself. Let him do his thing and we will do ours. He was a solid player, and it appears he was nationally ranked. Let's hope this move pays off for him. It's whatever.

RE: Kramer says it was too easy. - NorthCoast - 01-21-2021 02:33 PM

(01-21-2021 02:28 PM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  

He's betting on himself. Let him do his thing and we will do ours. He was a solid player, and it appears he was nationally ranked. Let's hope this move pays off for him. It's whatever.

Yep. Live and let live.

https://twitter.com/HaasJett/status/871547850039099393

RE: Kramer says it was too easy. - HawaiiToNIU - 01-21-2021 02:38 PM

(01-21-2021 02:33 PM)NorthCoast Wrote:  
(01-21-2021 02:28 PM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  

Yep. Live and let live.

https://twitter.com/HaasJett/status/871547850039099393

What in the name of high school football....

RE: Kramer says it was too easy. - MPython - 01-21-2021 08:38 PM

(01-21-2021 02:19 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  If any defensive line player from NIU can say it was easy it would be someone like Larry English, Sutton Smith, and Jake Coffman. Kramer certainly wasn't a dominant position player like those guys.

I would say those three made it look easy because of how hard they worked at practice and in games.

RE: Kramer says it was too easy. - Big Red - 01-22-2021 07:47 AM

(01-21-2021 01:18 PM)BigChilla Wrote:  I said this in another thread...but he legit seems crazy.

Why, because Benet is better?

Some people just like Marmion or had family members who where there and/or to Rosary.

RE: Kramer says it was too easy. - Rabid Squirrel - 01-22-2021 09:21 AM

(01-22-2021 07:47 AM)Big Red Wrote:  

Some people just like Marmion or had family members who where there and/or to Rosary.

Obviously some people choose Marmion because they want to go to a military/catholic academy. But there’s plenty who get forced to go there to get “straightened out”. It’s not as if the alternatives in Naperville are bad as they have some of the best public schools in the state.

RE: Kramer says it was too easy. - BigChilla - 01-22-2021 09:59 AM

Because the public schools (in Naperville) are better than the private schools in every way (if you want to debate wabonsee...fine.)

So the reason kids get sent to a “military” style catholic school is to get a kick in the pants.

RE: Kramer says it was too easy. - Big Red - 01-22-2021 11:59 AM

(01-22-2021 09:59 AM)BigChilla Wrote:  

Because the public schools (in Naperville) are better than the private schools in every way (if you want to debate wabonsee...fine.)

So the reason kids get sent to a “military” style catholic school is to get a kick in the pants.

Maybe. Or it may be because the parents want a catholic education which none of the Naperville schools will deliver.

I've taught kids who dreamed of going there. You all are acting like its Maury Povich and a scared straight program. Hell, there are a lot of kids from military backgrounds who plan on going into the military who attend Marmion. The ROTC program there is high quality.

There's a lot of reasons why kids go there. Sure, some parents may send their boys there for the structure, but that's absolutely not the majority.

It's a school with a pretty devout alumni base and often families are drawn to those.

Also, if a kid wants to play sports they have more opportunities at a school like Marmion as opposed to either 203 school or any of the 204 schools which are all massive. I mean, if a kid is pretty good at basketball and can play HS ball, he's got a much better shot at playing at Marmion than being one of the 12 best out of about 2,000 boys at Neuqua.

I've also known kids who went to Neuqua who hated it because there are too many kids there and wished they could have gone to a much smaller school.

Are you going to have some kids there who f'd up and got sent there? Sure. Same with Rosary. But that's far from any kind of sizable population there and nothing to make any kind of sweeping generalization upon.