CSNbbs
MBB game vs Ohio tonight postponed - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: MBB game vs Ohio tonight postponed (/thread-915044.html)

MBB game vs Ohio tonight postponed - Eagle66 - 01-19-2021 10:20 AM

Positive test and/or contract tracing in the NIU program. Supposed to be made up at a later date.

https://twitter.com/macsports/status/1351545062228897792?s=21

RE: MBB game vs Ohio tonight postponed - Big Red - 01-19-2021 11:57 AM

(01-19-2021 10:20 AM)Eagle66 Wrote:  Positive test and/or contract tracing in the NIU program. Supposed to be made up at a later date.

https://twitter.com/macsports/status/1351545062228897792?s=21

Well ****...that changes my evening plans.

RE: MBB game vs Ohio tonight postponed - Dog Fan - 01-19-2021 12:05 PM

Let's see when or if Athletics will inform us......or, will it be kept a secret.

RE: MBB game vs Ohio tonight postponed - uiniu57 - 01-19-2021 12:38 PM

(01-19-2021 12:05 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  Let's see when or if Athletics will inform us......or, will it be kept a secret.

It depends on your perspective.......the NIU website has a story saying men's basketball is pausing team activities:

DEKALB, Ill. -- The Northern Illinois University men's basketball game on Tuesday, January 19 has been postponed due to roster issues with the NIU men's basketball team related to positive COVID-19 tests and subsequent contact tracing.
In addition, the Huskie men's basketball program will be paused from all team activities, which will result in the postponement of NIU's home game on Saturday, January 23 against Buffalo.

It does say the game is postponed, of course it doesn't mention who the opponent is! Apparently today's opponent isn't as significant as Saturday's since Buffalo is named.
Yes, it is nitpicking, but this is the type of constant lack of details or quality writing that is Donna Turner and staff. Does anyone ever evaluate how poor of a job is being done by that office since Korcek left?

RE: MBB game vs Ohio tonight postponed - Dog Fan - 01-19-2021 01:46 PM

(01-19-2021 12:38 PM)uiniu57 Wrote:  
(01-19-2021 12:05 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  Let's see when or if Athletics will inform us......or, will it be kept a secret.

It depends on your perspective.......the NIU website has a story saying men's basketball is pausing team activities:

DEKALB, Ill. -- The Northern Illinois University men's basketball game on Tuesday, January 19 has been postponed due to roster issues with the NIU men's basketball team related to positive COVID-19 tests and subsequent contact tracing.
In addition, the Huskie men's basketball program will be paused from all team activities, which will result in the postponement of NIU's home game on Saturday, January 23 against Buffalo.

It does say the game is postponed, of course it doesn't mention who the opponent is! Apparently today's opponent isn't as significant as Saturday's since Buffalo is named.
Yes, it is nitpicking, but this is the type of constant lack of details or quality writing that is Donna Turner and staff. Does anyone ever evaluate how poor of a job is being done by that office since Korcek left?

I got the e-mail at noon.

RE: MBB game vs Ohio tonight postponed - Dog Fan - 01-19-2021 01:52 PM

It is pretty evident that no one is as good as Korcek nor as thorough. If I were the AD, I would beg him to come back and pay him the salary he deserves. And I would for sure make use of all his talents. The man is an NIU encyclopedia and all that knowledge should be utilized in marketing. Sports Information has not been the same by a longshot since he was pushed out.

RE: MBB game vs Ohio tonight postponed - HuskieDave - 01-19-2021 01:55 PM

(01-19-2021 01:52 PM)Dog Fan Wrote:  

It is pretty evident that no one is as good as Korcek nor as thorough. If I were the AD, I would beg him to come back and pay him the salary he deserves. And I would for sure make use of all his talents. The man is an NIU encyclopedia and all that knowledge should be utilized in marketing. Sports Information has not been the same by a longshot since he was pushed out.

I agree with this 100%. Mike Korcek was a HUGE loss for the entire athletics department.

RE: MBB game vs Ohio tonight postponed - NIU75 - 01-19-2021 07:38 PM

Please refresh our memories. Who pushed Mike out and why?

MBB game vs Ohio tonight postponed - Dog Fan - 01-19-2021 08:27 PM

(01-19-2021 07:38 PM)NIU75 Wrote:  

Please refresh our memories. Who pushed Mike out and why?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/218623-mike-korcek-and-nius-dirty-little-secret.amp.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RE: MBB game vs Ohio tonight postponed - Big Red - 01-23-2021 05:19 PM

In case anyone hadn't heard. NIU has postponed their next 3 games as well.

RE: MBB game vs Ohio tonight postponed - Big Red - 01-27-2021 12:35 AM

Thank you pandemic!!!

We're not in last anymore!!!!!!!!!!

RE: MBB game vs Ohio tonight postponed - chihuskie - 01-27-2021 10:34 AM

re: Mike Korcek

Wow! I can't believe he has been gone that long. And wow! That article is so on point.