CSNbbs
Montreal Impact rebrands - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+----- Forum: Pro Sports (/forum-516.html)
+----- Thread: Montreal Impact rebrands (/thread-914751.html)

Montreal Impact rebrands - ClairtonPanther - 01-14-2021 05:46 PM

Club de Foot Montréal

https://sports.yahoo.com/montreal-major-league-soccer-team-drops-impact-nickname-212758990--mls.html

RE: Montreal Impact rebrands - Wedge - 01-14-2021 09:00 PM

The logo looks like they borrowed it from a ski resort.

Will IKON pass holders get admission to CF Montreal home matches? 07-coffee3

[Image: EruYsalXAAMM-D2?format=jpg&name=small]

RE: Montreal Impact rebrands - AllTideUp - 01-15-2021 01:55 AM

I tend to be one that likes the trend away from the standard American naming conventions. Nothing wrong with them, but some of them are awfully clunky.

The European way, and really the way it is in most of the world, is kind of cool as long as it's unique to the city. When you get a club trying to mimic the more famous clubs to a tee then it's kind of tedious in its own right.

RE: Montreal Impact rebrands - BePcr07 - 01-15-2021 10:43 AM

(01-14-2021 09:00 PM)Wedge Wrote:  The logo looks like they borrowed it from a ski resort.

Will IKON pass holders get admission to CF Montreal home matches? 07-coffee3

[Image: EruYsalXAAMM-D2?format=jpg&name=small]

I like it. The name "Impact had been around the city for 25-30 years for soccer so there was some history with it. The name change embraces the French-Canadian aspect of the city which is pretty neat.

RE: Montreal Impact rebrands - ClairtonPanther - 01-16-2021 03:33 AM

(01-15-2021 01:55 AM)AllTideUp Wrote:  I tend to be one that likes the trend away from the standard American naming conventions. Nothing wrong with them, but some of them are awfully clunky.

The European way, and really the way it is in most of the world, is kind of cool as long as it's unique to the city. When you get a club trying to mimic the more famous clubs to a tee then it's kind of tedious in its own right.

Yea. The Réal Salt Lake and the 5000 Uniteds don't make sense to me. Inter Miami doesn't make sense either. Cities withe huge Italian heritage like NY, Chicago or even Vegas makes some sense if Inter "city name" AC were to be attached to it. Miami would've made more sense as Réal Miami FC than anything. I wouldn't mind seeing Pittsburgh rebrand from the Hounds to something like Pittsburgh Soccer Team. It's still along the lines of how Europe does things but feels more Americanized and not as forced.

RE: Montreal Impact rebrands - Wedge - 01-16-2021 03:39 AM

Inter Miami is a nickname, the full team name is Club Internacional de Fútbol Miami.

RE: Montreal Impact rebrands - vandiver49 - 01-18-2021 12:19 PM

(01-16-2021 03:33 AM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  
(01-15-2021 01:55 AM)AllTideUp Wrote:  I tend to be one that likes the trend away from the standard American naming conventions. Nothing wrong with them, but some of them are awfully clunky.

Yea. The Réal Salt Lake and the 5000 Uniteds don't make sense to me. Inter Miami doesn't make sense either. Cities withe huge Italian heritage like NY, Chicago or even Vegas makes some sense if Inter "city name" AC were to be attached to it. Miami would've made more sense as Réal Miami FC than anything. I wouldn't mind seeing Pittsburgh rebrand from the Hounds to something like Pittsburgh Soccer Team. It's still along the lines of how Europe does things but feels more Americanized and not as forced.

This. While DC United makes sense, ATL UTD is pedantic. I wished Blank had went with Resurgens FCA.